Babies: 6 - 9 Months

What's the longest DH/BD has been away from LO? (clicky)

see other clicky  just want to compare![Poll]

DS born 8/2010 - preliminary stages of SN int'l adoption - fur mama to 2 shelter dogs;  cloth diapering, babywearing, EBFing mama

Re: What's the longest DH/BD has been away from LO? (clicky)

• MrsG NCMrsG NC member
    5 days for a business trip. Poor guy was miserable. 
  • Kate621Kate621 member
    I went into PTL and had Jack when we were 400 miles from home visiting family. My H stayed for the first week and then after than came down to visit every 2-3 weeks. It sucked.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • A week for business ... multiple times.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He's had to go upstate a few times to help his dad out, so 1 or 2 weekends. But during the week he can go 2-3 days without seeing him since his work hours are totally opposite Lucas's schedule.
    Lucas Edward | Aiden Anthony
                07.30.10          08.17.12           
  • He has been deployed around a month now! He is missing him like crazy!
    imagePregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He was with us the day Joy was born, but the next day he had to leave to work for 3 days.  It sucked.

however long the night, dawn will break.

• 14 hours?  He's got a rude awakening coming in June when I take her away for a weekend with me.
  • Kate621Kate621 member

imagesillypit:
    14 hours?  He's got a rude awakening coming in June when I take her away for a weekend with me.

YEESSSSSSS.

• 4 straight weeks.  She learned to roll while he was gone. :(

Edit: The longest he's been away from my older daughter was 7 weeks for work.  She learned to walk when he was gone.  His job sucks and his misses almost everything.  He's gone for week at a time.

• 10 days, not work related. He went on a hunting trip. Ry was 1 month old (trip was planned way before we knew we were pregnant) and I was freakin tired!!
  • ames71ames71 member

I chose SS. 

Deployed - first 3-1/2 weeks

Business trip - All of February, 2 weeks in April, 1 week in May (so far), several weekends and overnight business trips

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DH went on a 5 day golfing trip to Hilton Head when D was 5 days old. Yep.
  • 5 days. I took the kids to visit family and he had to stay home to work.
  • Wow I am amazed by these answers.

H was away for 24 hours while I was in the hospital. He wanted to be home when I was and had a crappy leave situation, I was taken care of in the hospital so he went to work for two days and came to the hospital at night. He only spent one night at home alone. He would never go on a vacation/trip without us unless it was a really close friend's bachelor party or family emergency.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • RitaT22RitaT22 member
    DH is a firefighter, and gone for 24 hr shifts. Sometimes he picks up overtime in between, but the most he has been gone was 5 days when he went up north for a training course.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I chose 8-10 hours bc that's how long his work days usually are. If he has to go away on business, I am sure it will be anywhere from 4-8 days. That has not happened since she was born, yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • 6 weeks tdy
    BFP 4/22/10 - hoping for a baby girl Pregnancy Ticker
  • This past weekend DH worked on Saturday from 12pm-10pm then went back Sunday morning at 6:30am-4pm. DH was so bummed that he went over 24 hour hours w/o seeing DS awake! We don't want/plan on leaving our LO until he is at least 1 year. Unless it is work related we won't leave LO until he is much older.
  • Usually on the weekends that we both work my parents watch D and I stay at their house since it's a 10 min commute from there versus 40 min from my house. So from Saturday 5:30 am until Sunday 8:30 pm every other weekend.

Danica 10.22.10 | Milo 12.23.12

PicMonkey Collage3

• 5 days while I took Aiden to FL to visit my family.
  • 12 hours.

I've been away from them entire weekends while DH took care of them at home.

• 5 days for business trips. This is pretty frequent.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• memclarmemclar member
    We're at 6.5 months right now. He's deployed to Afghanistan. One more month left!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DH started his new job when J was 3 weeks old...he was gone almost 2 weeks before he flew back for a weekend, and then had to leave for another week before he came back to drive us all down to DC (and then left AGAIN for a business trip the next week).  He cried like a baby when he left and it was hard on everyone.

Good news is no more work travel (for awhile at least)!

• He was gone for a weekend last October to help his friends take their cars to the storage place up north. My BFF came and helped me with C. I picked 2-6, because it was like 2 1/2 days (left Friday night and was gone until late Sunday).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"