3rd Trimester

Arms Reach Mini Co-Sleeper?

With my daughter we used a pack 'n play in the bassinet setting next to my side of the bed (for her first several months).  It was a little awkward getting her in and out for middle of the night feedings.  I am thinking about getting the Arms Reach Mini Co-Sleeper this time around.  Anyone else use this?  Would you recommend it?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Arms Reach Mini Co-Sleeper?

• I have a friend who used one with both her daughters and liked it.  I was almost going to purchase it until it dawned on me even the mini version would not comfortably sit next to my bed without me having to scoot down to the foot of the bed if I needed to get up to the bathroom, or actually get my feet on the floor, etc.  So basically it was a size thing for me, but otherwise I think it is a great item!
    image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • My sister had one and loved it.  I'm hesitant on it as the sides are not fully mesh and I'm wondering if it's a SIDS risk or not.  The middle of one side is padded like a bumper on a crib.  I realize that most newborns aren't likely to roll, but DH began rolling at one week, so all bets are off. 

I've also considered a PNP, but the top parts are so flimsy I wonder if they'll safely and comfortably hold the baby when you're using the upper position.  I'm also not a fan of the bassinets they have attached, for the same SIDS issue.  

BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • I've used this with both of my children and will again with this baby.  I love that I can just reach over and easily pick up the baby because the one side is even with the bed.  I always recommend the mini co-sleeper to new moms who want their babies close by.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Thanks everyone!  I'm sold Smile

• YES YES YES! I just pulled ours out after 2 babies (the youngest is now 4) to use with our new little one! It's such a nice convenience to have the baby right there, flush against your bed, but protected in their own little space. My kids stayed in there until they could pull up. We've had this one for over 5 years and it's still as good as new. We've kept it inside a closet in the bag that came with it, so if you're going to have more babes, it will last! 

IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards