Pregnant after a Loss

Feeling anxious

I've been feeling pretty positive since I found out. Until now. My first u/s isn't until next week and I just realized some of my symptoms seem to be absent. I know this is so normal but it's like all of a sudden all the what ifs are running through my mind. :(
what do you ladies do to get your mind off the worry until your next appt?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
BFP 1 on 10.30.10 spontaneous m/c on 12.28.10 at 12 weeks
BFP 2 It's a girl! Born 1.18.12 at 39w

Re: Feeling anxious

• I'm interested to see the responses because I'm feeling anxious today too.  Although, clearly it's just part of PGAL.  Had my last beta on Wednesday and don't have my 1st u/s until 5/31.  That's a long couple of weeks given that all of my losses happened between 5 and 6 wks.  I've gone to the bathroom like 10 times today to check for spotting.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP #1 6.17.10 - natural M/C 5w2d
    BFP #2 8.4.10 - missed M/C, D&C 8w
    BFP #3 1.18.11 - natural M/C 5w1d
    BFP #4 5.6.11 - 13dpo: hcg 68, p 16.3; 16dpo: hcg 211,
    p16.6; 18dpo: hcg 416, p 15.6; 25dpo: hcg 6,007
    DS born 1/30/12
    BFP #5 4.28.13 - LO due 1/4/14

• This happened to me too and it was really hard to stay positive.  I had a few days of sobbing leading up to my first u/s.  My loss was a missed m/c, so the loss of symptoms was really nerve-racking.  But, sure enough, the symptoms came back eventually and everything is great!  Just try your best not to worry.
  • Loading the player...
  • (((Hugs)))  I tried to distract myself as best I could and to fill my schedule so full that I didn't have time to think about things.
    BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • imageKaren1998:
    (((Hugs)))  I tried to distract myself as best I could and to fill my schedule so full that I didn't have time to think about things.

Yep! This.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It was tough, especially in the first tri. I usually tried to distract myself with books or happy movies and just tried not to focus on it. But it did often feel like the wait between appointments was infinite.
    BFP 1: 3/19/10 Loss: 7/9/10
    BFP 2: 12/28/10
    My Blog: Losing Sylvia
  • oh man was it tough, I just tried to stay as busy as possible in between appts! For me, that was right before the holidays so that helped.  GL!!

bfp 01/23/10 m/c 12w1d 03/14/10 EDD 09/24/10
    bfp 07/20/10 m/c 5w1d 07/25/10
    bfp 11/19/10 Born 07/24/11 via C/S

My Forever Sister From Another Mister~CashewsMommy!!

• Thanks ladies. It's encouraging to see you all went through this and are now so far along:).
    BFP 1 on 10.30.10 spontaneous m/c on 12.28.10 at 12 weeks
    BFP 2 It's a girl! Born 1.18.12 at 39w
  • That's how I was feeling a couple of days ago.  Honestly, coming online and talking to you ladies helped a lot.  I also took another test just to reassure myself.  And I called my RE's office and asked them to bump up my first u/s.
    TTC #1 since 8/09
    BFP#1 - 9/2/10, EDD 5/14/11, Twins Hannah and Liam lost 11/7/10 @ 13w1d.
    BFP #2 - 2/9/11, EDD 10/13/11, LO lost 2/13/11 @ 5w4d
    BFP #3 - 5/9/11, DS born 1/13/12

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ~*~My BFP Chart~*~Our Story~*~
    ~*~Labor Buddies with Sweet Turnip - Welcome Baby Girl 2/23/12 & Aluenna - Welcome Ivy 1/6/12~*~
  • I'm with you 100%, I have times when I'm ok but others when I feel paralyzed by the fear. I just remind myself that its out of my hands and hoping for a good outcome is really the only thing I can do for my baby right now. *HUGS*
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I completely understand this feeling. Things go well for a few days and then suddenly the fear hits me and its overwhelming. Last night I burst into tears in the kitchen for no reason. My DH was so concerned, especially since it came out of nowhere, and I just explained that sometimes it's all too much and it's exhausting to try to stay calm and relaxed. My brave face is hard to find some days. Today I'm just trying to focus on my beautiful baby and all the good things ahead. 
    BFP #1 (baby Jude) M/C 11.09; BFP #2 c/p 01.10; BFP #3 (Little Bear) Missed M/C, D&C 09.10 at 12 weeks; BFP #4 c/p 01.11; BFP #5 our precious baby boy, born 11/20/11
  • Some days I feel really optimistic and then the feeling flips the next day. Sometimes I feel like "What are the chances a person would really have three losses in a row? This has to be the time!!" other times I think something must be wrong with me so I shouldn't enjoy the moment because the ending wont be happy.

It's difficult to come up with something to keep your mind in the right place. Hm...I ate a bag of Pretzel M&Ms last night - that made me feel a lot better!! ;)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"