Philadelphia Babies
Options

Paoli Hospital for delivery

I am considering leaving my OB at Bryn Mawr so that I can have my next child at Paoli.  I am one of the very few people that have had an awful experience at Bryn Mawr.  In particular, I wanted to know what there policy was as to on call doctors for delivery.  I wanted to make sure that on weekends some one from the practice would be on call.  At Bryn Mawr you have three different practices and only one doctor from all three practices is on call on the weekend.  I ended up getting someone from a completely different practice when I had my daughter and do not want that to happen again.

Thank you!

Irish Mama Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Paoli Hospital for delivery

• Options
    I delivered Kylie at Paoli in July.  I go to Main Line OB/GYN.  There is always a doctor on call from this practice.  I can't say one bad thing about Paoli - I look forward to going there again when/if we have another b/c I just loved the care we received.  I also have heard some complaints about Bryn Mawr.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I delivered at Paoli as well as several other women I know; We didn't all go to the same practice and all ended up with a doctor from our own pratice. So I think this would probably be a good choice for you. I loved my experience there and would recomend it to anybody.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Loved Paoli - I also go to Main Line OBYN and had a dr from the practice deliver my first daughter. towards the end of my pregnancy my main dr had me make appts with the other drs in the practice so at least I would know them if for some reason they were on call. I specifically see Dr. Kakarla but Dr. Bussard delivered my dd
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options

We've always used Paoli for any hospital needs, and will deliver there in July. We've always been very pleased with any kind of experience. The maternity wing is newly renovated. We just did the child birth prep class and it was great.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagenjbride0603:
    Loved Paoli - I also go to Main Line OBYN and had a dr from the practice deliver my first daughter. towards the end of my pregnancy my main dr had me make appts with the other drs in the practice so at least I would know them if for some reason they were on call. I specifically see Dr. Kakarla but Dr. Bussard delivered my dd

Same here, except Dr. Kakarla delivered my son =)  I have used Paoli hospital for both my sons and I am happy to do so again.  You won't be disappointed. 

Fortunate to be a SAHM to my 3 musketeers (5/2006, 5/2010 & 12/2011). Soy & dairy free for the 3rd and final time. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options

I think it depends more on your practice, not so much the hospital, as far as who is on call. I go to Paoli ObGyn and there is always a Dr from that practice on call (including weekends/holidays) and they encouraged having at least one appointment with each Dr so I would know whoever I ended up delivering with.

As for Paoli Hospital itself, I LOVED it. The nurses were fantastic (super supportive of going natural, but no pressure either) and everyone was wonderful to me and my family. The rooms are big and comfy, although the little chair thing that DH slept in left something to be desired :) All in all I had a great experience with them.

Good luck!

• Options
    I go to Great Valley OB/GYN and although I am pregnant with my first, I know other people who have had great experiences at Paoli and there is always a doctor on call from this practice as well. I had never been to Paoli and actually considered changing my doctor so i could deliver at a hospital closer to home,  but after visiting after the birth of my cousin, I decided to stay and deliver at Paoli. I was impressed with the staff and safety precautions taken. And what's an extra 15 minute drive? There are no "close" hospitals to where I live anyway. I have also never heard a bad thing about anyone delivering there.
  • Options
    katybrkatybr member

my only complaint would be that they no longer have a nursery for night time and with my second- she cried for almost 10 hours straight and my husband was home with our first- it was awful. There was no nurse to help because they were short staffed. I actually will not go back if we decide to have a 3rd for that reason.  I needed my sleep and my husband needed to be with our son!

I went to great valley ob gyn after switching from main line and was totally satisfied with them- they were amazing and were on call 

• Options
    I am not familiar with either hospital being from Chicago, however, I am completely with you about the nursery.  I just switched practices/hospitals because I learned that the first hospital I was at got rid of their nursery.  How ridiculous!!!  Recovering moms are patients too.  You need to recover so you will be better able to care for your baby.  

Of course I am going to want to see my babies, but A little sleep will be good too.
  • Options
    I got to Paoli Ob/Gyn and they are wonderful. As others have said they do have doctors on call. I've heard great things from people who have delivered with Main Line as well. I've only heard all positives about Paoli, which is why I made the switch as soon as I found out I was pregnant and realized that my practice delivered at Bryn Mawr. I actually switched for the same reason you want to!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I delivered at Paoli and had a Dr. from my practice.  I liked it there.  I had a bad nurse the day of delivery but other than that, it was a good experience.  When did they get rid of the nursery at night?  I delivered in February and my son went to the nursery each night.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"