Trying to Get Pregnant

well this will be a challenge!

So I THINK I O'd yesterday, but I know that only the next couple temps will really prove it. The thing is, tomorrow we are going away for 3 nights with our friends. We are staying in same hotel room as them. How am I going to hide waking up to take my temps? Also, there will more than likely be late nights out with them so I would hate to set my alarm for 6:30 (when I usually wake up weekdays for work) since I don't want to wake anyone else up.

I am thinking of maybe just setting my alarm to vibrate and hoping they don't wake up/see me temping. Any ideas? :P   The next few temps are important ones so I don't want to mess up!  Oh, and then we also go into a time change, so my usual 630 will now by 530! It will be a challenge ;)

Baby boy born May 2012
LO#2 due June 2015

Re: well this will be a challenge!

• MsNessaMsNessa
    Fifth Anniversary

I don't have any suggestions for you---personally, I would just skip temping those days and pick up when you get home.  It sucks to have that uncertainty about your O day, but if you O'ed, not getting CHs isn't going to change that.

Good luck, that is a tough situation.

• Ellis31Ellis31
    1000 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Love Its
    My first cycle charting we were sharing a hotel room with one of MH friends, I set my phone to vibrate, hid my BT under my pillow and no one heard the vibration or the beep from my BT. Also we had the AC/fan going in our room, so that masked the sound, so maybe you could suggest a little white noise to go to sleep with.

No one should notice anything, a beep could be anything, you would be the only one to hear it probably, you should be able to temp without anyone paying any attention. GL :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I doubt that they would care even if you set your alarm unless you let it go for a long time.  Your internal clock would probably wake you up at 6:30 (5:30) anyways, so whether or not to set an alarm is entirely up to you.

I doubt that they would care if they saw you temping (unless you're temping internally) because they know that some stuff is your business.  Don't worry too much.  Also, I agree with pp- if you did O then knowing won't change anything.  Everything's going to be fine either way :-) so just do what you feel comfortable with.  Good luck!

TTC a little army baby- will he or she wear camo diapers? :-D
  • Thanks ladies! I think I will end up doing a combo of what you have told me. I guess it's just since it's my first time charting I wanted to really see what it was without any missing data points.

Baby boy born May 2012
    LO#2 due June 2015

• phebesxphebesx
    250 Answers 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 25 Love Its
    Alarm on vibrate and go into the bathroom to temp.  No one will think anything of you getting up to use the bathroom.  GL!
    photo _MG_5205.jpg
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • image phebesx:
    Alarm on vibrate and go into the bathroom to temp.  No one will think anything of you getting up to use the bathroom.  GL!
    Oh! I thought you had to stay lying down (I do it before getting out of bed). I will do this! With vibrate alarm.
    Baby boy born May 2012
    LO#2 due June 2015

• image phebesx:
    Oh! I thought you had to stay lying down (I do it before getting out of bed). I will do this! With vibrate alarm.
    Baby boy born May 2012
    LO#2 due June 2015

• image michyme123:
    image phebesx:

You really should do it before you get out of bed, talk, or move around too much.

DH (44) and I (40 Lordy, lordy!) started TTC with hysteroscopy to remove embedded Paraguard IUD (of which a chunk remains) 10/10.
    BFP 9/30/11. EDD 6/22/12. Natural MC at 10 weeks (measured 9w3d) 11/26/11.
    And she will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night

6/13 starting testing with RE. HSG and B/W normal, SA count ok, motility 30%.
    Clomid/IUI cycle 9/13: BFP! EDD 5/28/14 It's a BOY!!
    Write your worries in sand; Carve your blessings in stone.
    Veganbabe arrived 6/7/14 by C-section.
    All AL'ers welcome!

photo compoundsiggypicboy.jpg

• Honestly, I always just use the excuse of "this is a natural birth control method". You don't have to tell them that it's for TTGP. And you really should temp before getting up. Getting out of bed and walking to the bathroom can raise your temp enough to give you a false jump, and you won't accurately know if you O'ed.

"Mais les yeux sont aveugles. Il faut chercher avec le coeur."

7/24/11- BFP ~ 8/27/11- Miscarried at 8w6d.

My boring blog.
  • phebesxphebesx
    250 Answers 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 25 Love Its
    image Veganlady:

image michyme123:
    image phebesx:

You really should do it before you get out of bed, talk, or move around too much.

My bad, sorry ladies.  Blame my newbie brain.

photo _MG_5205.jpg
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I temp in the same bed as my husband every single morning and he has never woken up.  Most mornings he'll be midway through his coffee and say, "wait, did you remember?"  Yes, of course, DH.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards