Babies: 9 - 12 Months

help- i need to change LO sleep schedule before she goes to DC

LO has never been a great sleeper.  That is until she started walking, now she takes 2 naps a day and goes to bed around 8 or 9pm (it's a fight to get her down) but now she is sleeping in till 9 or 9:30am.  I am going back to work in a month and she will be dropped off at DC by 7:30am.   I know I need to start waking her up earlier and putting her to bed earlier- what's the best way to do that?

Re: help- i need to change LO sleep schedule before she goes to DC

• bancbevbancbev member
    I would start waking her up 30 minutes earlier, after a few days, she will either adjust her bedtime, or nap times/lenths.  Then wake her up 30 minutes earlier, and so on.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i would try and slowly get her down a little earlier every night.  DD used to fight me on going to sleep but we had done our usual night rutine and then put her in bed.  she cried a few nights and fell asleep.  Not to long after she goes down with no problem.  She starts at 630 with dinner, bath, book, breast, and then we close the blinds and put her sleep sheep on together and then is placed in bed around 730 or so.  it works out great now. GL
  • Loading the player...
  • You can try and shift her schedule some but the problem may solve itself.  DS is so exhausted from playing all day that he crashes between 7:30-8.   A solid bedtime routine helps too.  It may take a couple of weeks to transition when she starts so hang in there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"