Babies: 0 - 3 Months

what color are you lo's eyes?

Was your child born with blue/gray eyes and are they still that color or have they changed ? At 1 month what are the chances of them staying that color?

Re: what color are you lo's eyes?

• LO was born with blueish eyes and at 7 weeks, they are still blue. Hopefully they change...I can't deal with FIL taking credit for the blue eyes ughh. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DS is bluish-grey still - I'm hoping he stays that way but I'm seriously doubting it.  My whole family has blue eyes... but DH (and his mom and aunt) can not think of a single person in their lineage with blue eyes!!  I've heard they can still change at 6 or 7 years old!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Born blue/grey... still the same.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagePhil&Corinna:
    DS is bluish-grey still - I'm hoping he stays that way but I'm seriously doubting it.  My whole family has blue eyes... but DH (and his mom and aunt) can not think of a single person in their lineage with blue eyes!!  I've heard they can still change at 6 or 7 years old!

You still have a chance... My mom (and as much of the family as I can think of) has brown eyes and my dad (and his family) has blue eyes. I ended up with blue eyes.

DS has blue eyes and they better stay that way because DH and I both have blue eyes. If they turn any other color, then I'm in trouble! :P

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • skioskio member

Born with the typical dark blue-gray eyes, and they're still the same at 2 months, possibly a bit lighter.

It's anyone's guess what color her eyes will be. Mine are green, DH's are amber (light yellowish brown). His mom's are the same as his, but his sister's and dad's are blue. My mom's are hazel, as are my brother's, but my dad's are blue. lol.

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Zooey was born with dark blue eyes.  She's 3 weeks old today and they have lightened up...still blue but we can see her pupils now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Someone posted this link a while back:

https://museum.thetech.org/ugenetics/eyeCalc/eyecalculator.html

It's pretty interesting and has a scientific basis!!

• Her eyes are still blue, but a different color blue, so I think they are going to be blue.

My eyes used to be green though, and they changed to brown when I was about 17.

• Liam has blue-gray eyes and is six weeks old. Jared has dark dark brown eyes, and I have grey eyes. We're hoping they stay, but it's anyone's guess right now the way our genotypes work.

I heard they can change at several months of age.

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• imagePhil&Corinna:

Someone posted this link a while back:

That eye calculator is crap! Told me it's not possible for me to have green eyes when both my parents eyes are blue.....well it's wrong bc I have very pretty light green eyes!

• Zoe's eyes were dark blue when she was born and still are . I have no idea what they will end up being though because I have blue eyes and my husband has one blue eye and one green/brown eye. 
  • It takes awhile for the color to change.  DD was born with very blue eyes.  She is now 22 months and her eyes have gradually changed to hazel.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD was born with blue/gray eyes and still has them. I hope she keeps them to be like her daddy!
  • GHBEAGHBEA member

I did the test for all my children and grey eyes did not show up for my oldest two.

Olivia has the blue grey eye shade going on now. 

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS was born with dark grey eyes.  They are now brown. They changed between 7-8w.
    Baby Boy Born 3.15.11. 8lb 9oz, 21.75in. 6 month stats: 20lb 11oz (92%tile), 30.12in.(100%tile - who knew it went over 99th? Which means 100% of other 6 month olds are shorter than mine!)
  • My son's were blue / grey, but they're getting darker.  They might be brown now, actually.  For awhile, they always looked brown unless the light from outside hit them just right.  I haven't really checked that closely in awhile.

My husband and I both have brown eyes, and both of our dad's have blue eyes.  Our kid COULD have blue eyes, but I don't think it's going to happen with this one. 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageimage
  • DS was born with blue and they never changed.

• imageCJN2011:
    imagePhil&Corinna:

Someone posted this link a while back:

That eye calculator is crap! Told me it's not possible for me to have green eyes when both my parents eyes are blue.....well it's wrong bc I have very pretty light green eyes!

It is an internet test.  It is based in science but it is not able to accurately predict all factors.  You can read more info as to how eye colour is determined and inherited as well as more info about the eye calculator at the bottom of the page.

• Born with blue/ grey and they are becoming brighter now at 7 weeks. I have green and dh has blue. Ds1 has blue so I figure ds2 will be blue or green.
  • JenWen3JenWen3 member

She was born with the dark blue eyes and they are getting lighter/brighter. I'm positive they will stay blue since DH and I both have blue eyes.

My niece's eyes were very blue but are starting to turn a greenish hazel now and she's 6 years old. Hers turned a brighter blue after a few weeks but didn't start changing again until recently. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"