Trying to Get Pregnant

Holy Acne! (NTTGPR... I don't think...)

I have had the WORST acne the last few days. I feel like my acne wasn't even this bad during puberty. I always get one or two good pimples before each period but I'm so broken out right now I kind of don't want to be seen in public. The only thing I can think of is my prenatal, and I hope it isn't that because I finally found one that doesn't make me feel nauseous after I take it. Plus AF is due Thursday, so that might be part of it, but I never ever break out this bad. I have super sensitive skin too so even though I have proactiv, I can only use it once a day or my face dries out so bad I want to scratch it like crazy. Not sure what to do, but I am going to stay on the PNV for a little longer to see if maybe there's another factor before I change to a 4th brand. UGH... Here's hoping it clears up soon! Any of you ladies have an issue with PNV acne?
Photobucket imageBabyFruit Ticker Anniversary

Re: Holy Acne! (NTTGPR... I don't think...)

• I did get really bad acne when I first started taking my prenatals, but that was also right after I stopped bc so there is really no telling what caused it.  I say just wait it out because even if it is the PNV, your skin might neutralize.  Maybe try some rice paper in the meantime.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • griff45griff45 member

Rice paper? What does this do?

I started having really bad acne after I started taking PNV. Now I have found the correct facial products and my skin is clearing up. I really hope the acne will go away once I get pg.

• noryangnoryang member
    I've recently started breaking out too - for the first time in like ten years. I'm pretty sure it's because I stopped taking BC. If anything - the PNV should help your skin. I doubt it would make it break out.
    Soon to be Big Sister Eowyn - DOB February 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
     BabyFruit Ticker

My family is a Foreign Service family. Families like mine are posted in every corner of the globe. We live our lives away from family, friends and the conviences and comforts of home. We often live and work in dangerous places among those that misunderstand our intentions and purposes. Sometimes members of our ranks sacrifice our lives to further diplomacy.  Please remember that we serve too. And I'm always open to questions.

• You can get rice paper at pretty much any beauty supply/make up store.  It's just a special type of blotting paper that syphons oil off of your skin.  Most of them have a transluscent powder too- they work great.
  • that happen to me too ever since i stop birth control 
  • I never had any problems while on BC with acne (or before starting it) but since stopping it I have been having a few more pimples pop up here and there.

Were you on BC? If you were, I would most likely say it is due to that because your bodys hormones are re-regulating to your bodys own levels which can cause changes in your skin and oil production.

Hope it clears up for you soon! :)

• I have been battling acne since I hit puberty...on BC and off BC, during pregnancy...month round...it sucks and is embarrassing. So I full understand. I am battling a bunch right now but it got worse right after my m/c. 
    Photobucket BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • imageSMann814:

I never had any problems while on BC with acne (or before starting it) but since stopping it I have been having a few more pimples pop up here and there.

Were you on BC? If you were, I would most likely say it is due to that because your bodys hormones are re-regulating to your bodys own levels which can cause changes in your skin and oil production.

No, I tried the Nuva Ring for a month last summer and HATED it. DH and I have just been practicing the pull out method since. I'm due AF tomorrow and POAS this morning and got a BFN, so I'm sure that AF has something to do with it, but like I said it hasn't been this bad in quite awhile. I am going to buy new face soap when we go to the store for groceries in a bit and hope that helps. 

Photobucket imageBabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • imagelewis0611:
    imageSMann814:

I never had any problems while on BC with acne (or before starting it) but since stopping it I have been having a few more pimples pop up here and there.

No, I tried the Nuva Ring for a month last summer and HATED it. DH and I have just been practicing the pull out method since. I'm due AF tomorrow and POAS this morning and got a BFN, so I'm sure that AF has something to do with it, but like I said it hasn't been this bad in quite awhile. I am going to buy new face soap when we go to the store for groceries in a bit and hope that helps. 

Hope you can find something that will work for you! :)

• my complexion is horrible.

The last time I was at the doctor's I asked about it..she told me I probably had no issues before because I was on the pill..and that at my age (early 30's) you tend to get cystic acne on your chin and lower half of your face vs. the acne you got in the T Zone during puberty. she told me it was hormones and that my diet could contribute to it as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"