Trying to Get Pregnant

New - Question about physical

Hi! This is my first post over here. Been TTC for about 2 months now (went off the pill the very end of March), and I have my first appointment with my gyno tomorrow morning for a physical and I want to discuss TTC and any concerns I have.

My question, is it overkill to print off my charts and bring them with me? Ive only been charting for 2 cycles now and I only started about 1/3rd of the way through for the first one. Any advise of questions I should ask to make sure I get the most out of the appointment?

Thanks Smile

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: New - Question about physical

• You could bring them, however your one complete chart will provide very little information. 

When I told my OB/GYN she basically said great, take a PNV, have fun and call in a year if you aren't KU.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would ask if there's any meds you should/shouldn't be taking and you might want to look into certain tests.  I know my OB/GYN suggested I take a cystic fibrosis test.  I would print off the charts- if he/she doesn't use them it's only a little bit of wasted paper, no big deal.  I hope that helps!  Also, your gyno has done this tons of times before- they will know what you need to know.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • salt78salt78 member
    I have no additional advice...I just want to say hi! Smile
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I took my chart in with me (I only have one, and it was incomplete), and my OB just quickly glanced at it and said to keep up the charting.
    Me (28): fine, DH (28): MFI
    Married 6/21/09
    Off BCP and TTC 4/17/11
    BFP #1 (ended in CP) 7/15/11
    Varicocelectomy surgery 9/4/12 - T improved to normal, but still low count

Current Status: Pursuing Jan '15 IVF w/ ICSI
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

image    imageimage
  • imageasmud23:
    I would ask if there's any meds you should/shouldn't be taking and you might want to look into certain tests.  I know my OB/GYN suggested I take a cystic fibrosis test.  I would print off the charts- if he/she doesn't use them it's only a little bit of wasted paper, no big deal.  I hope that helps!  Also, your gyno has done this tons of times before- they will know what you need to know.

I wouldnt have thought of that, thank you! 

• sekurasekura member

Most OB's don't get charting, and roll their eyes at them.  Don't waste your time. 

Your OB won't be very helpful with TTC; she/he is really only useful AFTER you're KU.  Ask about the meds, and see if there is anything you need to do to get in shape for having a baby, but otherwise, keep charting and do your own homework.

TTC #1 Since 8/2010
    Me: 34, DH: 35 DX: DOR (FSH 14.9, AMH 0.67, AFC ~10) and Egg Quality

IVF #1 Feb 2012. MDFL protocol w/ Met. 7 ER, 0F.
    May Donor Egg IVF cycle:3 EF, 1 blast ET 5/12, 2 frosties
    BFP 5/21! beta #1 5/22 306 beta #2 5/24 818 beta #3 5/31 15,038.

image"">
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting the bull not to attack you because you are a vegetarian." --Dennis Wholey

• I did have a feeling he would give me a "what the hell is this" type of look, if I brought it. This is my first time going to this doctor, referred by my family doctor, so im not really sure what to expect from him attitude wise.
  • I asked my Dr (not an OB)  about the medication I'm on (she was very informative) and also gave me the DTaP vaccine because unfortunately, pertussis is making a comeback locally.

She said about 50% of couples off bc will get pregnant the first year and said she could refer me to some good OBs when the time comes. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"