TTC after 35
Options

dumb question i am sure. but i don't know!

so i see that all you girls know when you O,  i finally got 2 lines, after months of never getting them on the opk's, but i got them more then one day, so how do i know when i ovulated?
BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: dumb question i am sure. but i don't know!

• Options
    Usually OPK let you know a day or 2 in advance when your surge is likely.  You will get positives for a couple days.  We usually BD on day of + and next day too.  GL to you!
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Options

So not a dumb question.  The opk's detect a spike in your hormones which usually indicates that you'll ovulate within the next 48-72 hours.  So essentially, it's time to get busy for at least the next 3 days.  Also, once you get a positive ovulation test, you don't need to take it again until the next month in the event you don't get pg.  If you take the test the next day after a positive, you'll get another positive and so on because of your hormone spike.  The opk's do not tell you exactly when you ovulate, they just give you the head's up that it's about to happen.

I also had sporadic ovulation (meaning I would ovulate one month and then not the next) until my Dr. put me on Clomid.  Then it was like clockwork.

Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

OPK's can tell you when you "might" ovulate, but only Temping will tell you that you actually did.  Read "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" you will be amazed at what you didn't know about your body & reproduction.

Good Luck

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Your surge will stay with you for a day or two.  I had positive OPKs for 3 days this cycle.  My RE told me that it was likely that I ovulated 24 - 36 hours after the initial positive test.  The hormones just stay in your system for a little while. 

According to my RE, it's possible to get a positive test without releasing an egg.  It's also possible to have a temp shift without releasing an egg - especially if you are like me and have a terrible time sleeping through the night.  She had me take a progesterone test 1 week after my positive OPK to truly verify if an egg had been released. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    image10-4LilBuddy:

Your surge will stay with you for a day or two.  I had positive OPKs for 3 days this cycle.  My RE told me that it was likely that I ovulated 24 - 36 hours after the initial positive test.  The hormones just stay in your system for a little while. 

According to my RE, it's possible to get a positive test without releasing an egg.  It's also possible to have a temp shift without releasing an egg - especially if you are like me and have a terrible time sleeping through the night.  She had me take a progesterone test 1 week after my positive OPK to truly verify if an egg had been released. 

That is good information.  So many people (for me that includes DH) insist that temping is the only way to verify ovulation and temping is a necessity.  I don't feel like my charts are giving me any good information other than the fact that it is time to move on to an RE.

BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ok good to know! i knew you ladies would have the answer. i have to get an ultrasound done at the end of the month to rule out cysts and fibroids and then anothe appt with the obgyn, 1st week of June, he wanted me to wait until we were actually trying for at least 6mos, have been off birth control since Sept, and trying for longer then 6mos but that's when i can get into see him, frustrating, anyway, hoping he will fast foward to clomid.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"