2nd Trimester

Possible bed rest for swollen feet/ankles

I'm only 5 months and I feel like my feet/ankles and hands are getting worse with how swollen they are getting.  Feels like when I walk that my ankles are stiff and very fragile.  My fingers are feeling stiff to as the swelling gets worse.  Anyone else dealing with this?  I'm wondering if doc can put you on bed rest well before due date due to swelling.  I talked with my doc last week and he wasn't concerned with pre eclampsia or the swelling.  It's just getting really uncomfortable.  I try and keep my feet propped up and drink water, but it's not helping that much.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Possible bed rest for swollen feet/ankles

• ditto on sodium intake. I recommend using a website like livestrong.com to track your meals/snacks/beverages so you can really get a sense....I don't ever reach for a salt shaker, yet when i started tracking i was always going over my sodium limit because it's in so many foods.  make sure you're drinking lots of water too.  my sister, with her first, had severe swelling in her feet starting around 5 months that really didn't go away...and when i say severe--she normally wears a size 7 shoe and in her last few months she pretty much could only wear a size 10 slip-on croc.  she too didn't have pre-e or anything like that...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had some terrible swelling and high BP about a month ago when my DD was in the hospital. OB thought (and was correct) that it was stress related and she advised me to rest as much as possible, get my feet up, cut way back on sodium and drink lots of water. Within 2 days, the swelling and BP were way down and I haven't had an issue again, but I imagine as the weeks go on and the temp goes up, my feet shall swell up again.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • My swelling started at 10 weeks!  Like you, tests didn't reveal any problems so doc isn't worried.  the one thing i do that makes a big difference is wear compression stockings to bed at night.  It squeezes out my swelling, and I am almost back to normal by morning.  that and elevating my feet are the only things that helped.  I bought them for only $16 or so from amazon. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"