Masonismyl...
Not Ranked
Joined on 01-26-2011
11,858 Points
Masonismylove is online. Last active: 05-16-2011, 12:00 PMBronze

Re: Having babies close together

image Heather R:

image Masonismylove:
You have no idea how much it is to board my dog. Don't worry about  my finances. All of our bills and our mortgage is paid every month and we don't get any help from the govt.

Yes, I do.  It's between 20 and 70 dollars a day, depending on the kennel / shelter / vet.

If you can't afford pet care and vaccines, then you can't afford travel.  Period.

Consumer ed = fail.

This is FUNNY!!!!!! I don't vaccinate her because there is no need to unless she is around other dogs and she is not.

So I guess I need to be like these other dead beats out there and go get foodstamps, medicade for DS and collect a welfare check, huh?

Re: No pet vaccinations for poor people!

• and seriously, how many people do you know that have gone on welfare just to maintain their pet in the luxury they had become accustomed to?  
  • i have 2 indoor cats (who sometimes tries to sneak outside) but both are vaccinated.  It worries me if her dog isn't vaccinated but stays outside the majority of time.  Just realise there are other animals that have rabies...that is the first thing that jumps to mind including other dangerous diseases.

Just my 2 cents, it's not my pet. 

Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9

• Normally I love bump drama but this one is getting old and boooooooring.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • bancbevbancbev member
    Long-Lasting Membership 5000 Comments 25 Love Its Photogenic

image yourfaceyourface:
    ffs, let it go!

seriously.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image Kristen050:
    Normally I love bump drama but this one is getting old and boooooooring.

I dont know.  Usually it's about the welfare queens in their caddy with their nails done and their hair done.  This is a new twist, going on welfare to vaccinate your pets  

• image bancbev:

image yourfaceyourface:
    ffs, let it go!

seriously.

She just posted this 15 minutes ago.  So the statute of limitations on this is still on  

• image AvidVertigo:

i have 2 indoor cats (who sometimes tries to sneak outside) but both are vaccinated.  It worries me if her dog isn't vaccinated but stays outside the majority of time.  Just realise there are other animals that have rabies...that is the first thing that jumps to mind including other dangerous diseases.

No. Jade is inside and does not come into contact with other animals. This was part of my decision not to leave her outside during the day.

Slow down my little man, you are growing up so fast!

In your eyes, the light, the heat. In your eyes, I am complete

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage

We're Finally Three
  • Yankee must have a really really boring life!!!! I bet her husband is boring!!!!!!!!!!

imageimage

We're Finally Three
  • image Masonismylove:
    image AvidVertigo:

i have 2 indoor cats (who sometimes tries to sneak outside) but both are vaccinated.  It worries me if her dog isn't vaccinated but stays outside the majority of time.  Just realise there are other animals that have rabies...that is the first thing that jumps to mind including other dangerous diseases.

No. Jade is inside and does not come into contact with other animals. This was part of my decision not to leave her outside during the day.

I would think the same thing, but we have stray cats, squirrels, birds that fly around, racoons, deer, etc.  and I live smack dab in the middle of a very populated metro area.  My vet told me that fleas tend to jump from under your porch or grass on to your pet as well.  Sorry, I just thought I needed to share the info with you.  Like I said, it is your dog and you have to make the best decision for it.

Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9

• image AvidVertigo:
    image Masonismylove:
    image AvidVertigo:

I would think the same thing, but we have stray cats, squirrels, birds that fly around, racoons, deer, etc.  and I live smack dab in the middle of a very populated metro area.  My vet told me that fleas tend to jump from under your porch or grass on to your pet as well.  Sorry, I just thought I needed to share the info with you.  Like I said, it is your dog and you have to make the best decision for it.

Thank you for the advice and the way it was delivered.

imageimage

We're Finally Three
  • image Masonismylove:
    image AvidVertigo:
    image Masonismylove:
    image AvidVertigo:

No problem. 

Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9

• FTR, I thought she said she did do the rabies?  It's illegal in most parts of the country not to.

• image yourfaceyourface:
    ffs, let it go!

This please! I can't take 2 weeks in a row.

• image bancbev:

image yourfaceyourface:
    ffs, let it go!

seriously.

Please. Enough already.
  • image jlthompson19:

FTR, I thought she said she did do the rabies?  It's illegal in most parts of the country not to.

No I do rabies because it is illegal not to. She gets flea and heatworm preventatives and a flea bath every month. 

imageimage

We're Finally Three
  • I went on welfare once so I could feed my parakeet. I'm not a dead beat, though. I prefer bum.
  • Even though this is old, as a vet tech I swear I hate it when people don't get their pet vaccinated and then complain when their pet gets sick and how much it costs to get them better. There are some vaccines that based on your situation may not be necessary but get the basics at least! Your pet doesn't have to be around other pets to get sick. You can carry the viruses to them on your shoes!

Ok, I am done now. 

Oh wait...USE HEARTWORM PREVENTION! ok, for real. I'm done!Zip it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • *** Ah crap, I meant to throw something relevant to the post in there.

If you can't afford to take total care of a pet, don't get one. Period. Get a plant.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Even us smurfs vaccinate our pets and we are poor. We live in mushrooms, people!
    I know a WALK OF SHAME when I see one, Smurf Hoar!
  • image AvidVertigo:
    image Masonismylove:
    image AvidVertigo:
    image Masonismylove:
    image AvidVertigo:

No problem. 

Just wanted to add that we do vaccinate but were super lazy about giving our dog heart worm meds figuring that it's very unlikely that dogs up north get it.....well he got it.  It ended up costing us over $500 and our dog was sick for quite a while due to the treatments they have to give them.  Looking back I really wish we had just given him those little heart worm chewy things (now we do).  It's one fairly inexpensive way to protect your pet from something even if they aren't in contact with other animals.  Heartworm is spread by mosquitos.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Aww so sad Doremi!!! We give our dog them too.. The vet said we should if we plan to go camping or whatever... We never take him with us anyways (no safe way of driving him all the way up there), but we decided to find a way this year so glad we already have them to give them to him etc... I would not want that to happen to my puppy. Poor you and poor puppy. I was very sad when my dogs foot got hurt.. Even though it cost me 100 bucks in pain pills and antibiotics.. ::strolls off mumbling got damn stupid dog ugh don't even know how that shiit happened. Vet prob did it cause he was fine before.. stupid asss lying mufvckers::
  • image doremi29:
    image AvidVertigo:
    image Masonismylove:
    image AvidVertigo:
    image Masonismylove:
    image AvidVertigo:

No problem. 

Just wanted to add that we do vaccinate but were super lazy about giving our dog heart worm meds figuring that it's very unlikely that dogs up north get it.....well he got it.  It ended up costing us over $500 and our dog was sick for quite a while due to the treatments they have to give them.  Looking back I really wish we had just given him those little heart worm chewy things (now we do).  It's one fairly inexpensive way to protect your pet from something even if they aren't in contact with other animals.  Heartworm is spread by mosquitos.

Since we live in the country, I am very careful of making sure she gets her heartworm.

imageimage

We're Finally Three
  • image CANDID SMURF:
    Even us smurfs vaccinate our pets and we are poor. We live in mushrooms, people!

Hi Yankee. Did you get banned?

imageimage

We're Finally Three
  • image Masonismylove:

image CANDID SMURF:
    Even us smurfs vaccinate our pets and we are poor. We live in mushrooms, people!

don't quit your day job 

• image jcthomas1281:

*** Ah crap, I meant to throw something relevant to the post in there.

If you can't afford to take total care of a pet, don't get one. Period. Get a plant.

That's just like saying "If you can't afford to have a kid and you get pregnant have an abortion." Just sayin.

imageimage

We're Finally Three
  • image laura_belle:

image DrinknDerive:
    I went on welfare once so I could feed my parakeet. I'm not a dead beat, though. I prefer bum.

At 9 years old, my dog is very set in her ways.  She needs to maintain her life of luxury.  I don't judge you.

you should see Queens' collection of blahniks and jimmy choos  

• lol.  How did I miss that reply?

Everyone in here saying "FFS" is missing the real point of Yankee's post, which is that MML has now stated that people on low-income food assistance and Medicaid are deadbeats.

Her terrible grasp of basic household economics is secondary but confirms her poor logic once again: 1) I have to go on welfare to provide for my petI or 2) I can afford to travel but not afford to provide for my pet.

• image Heather R:

lol.  How did I miss that reply?

Everyone in here saying "FFS" is missing the real point of Yankee's post, which is that MML has now stated that people on low-income food assistance and Medicaid are deadbeats.

it's b/c no one gives a shiit anymore.

• image Masonismylove:

That's just like saying "If you can't afford to have a kid and you get pregnant have an abortion." Just sayin.

Well, that would kind of be a legit reason people get abortions.

But (naturally), this is a flawed statement, because you and your defenders have already established that dogs aren't human, so you can't really go and compare a dog to a human fetus now.

• image yourfaceyourface:
    it's b/c no one gives a shiit anymore.

I see.  Well, I do understand how one could become immune to her stupid statements, but I think calling low income people in need of assistance "deadbeats" should call attention to the fact that she is really an awful person, in case anyone doubted it after the racial dig at Yankee.

• image Heather R:

Her terrible grasp of basic household economics is secondary but confirms her poor logic once again: 1) I have to go on welfare to provide for my petI or 2) I can afford to travel but not afford to provide for my pet.

You are really heartless. Do you really, seriously think I wanted to travel to finalize my dead mother's estate??????!!!!! I had no choice but to "travel" to do this. LEAVE IT ALONE.

imageimage

We're Finally Three
  • Um, you people realize that heartworms come from mosquitos, right?  Even dogs in NYC need a monthly preventative.
  • image Masonismylove:
    image Heather R:

You are really heartless. Do you really, seriously think I wanted to travel to finalize my dead mother's estate??????!!!!! I had no choice but to "travel" to do this. LEAVE IT ALONE.

oh shut up, you fvcking whiner.  Anytime anyone calls you on your stupid shiit you bring up your mother's death.  You did the same thing in your other thread.

Let's talk about how you think anyone on welfare is a deadbeat.  I noticed how you keep dancing around that  

• image jlthompson19:
    Um, you people realize that heartworms come from mosquitos, right?  Even dogs in NYC need a monthly preventative.

Yes maam LOL

imageimage

We're Finally Three
  • image Masonismylove:

image jlthompson19:
    Um, you people realize that heartworms come from mosquitos, right?  Even dogs in NYC need a monthly preventative.

Yes maam LOL

You were just SCREAMING in your reply to Heather and now you're LOling?  You really crack me up, MML 

• image Masonismylove:

I know the purpose of your travel. I didn't present it as vacation or a joyride.  It has been pointed out that estate planning is not a spur of the moment thing, and so the trip could have been planned / budgeted appropriately, MML. 

• image yankeebaby2:
    image Masonismylove:
    image Heather R:

oh shut up, you fvcking whiner.  Anytime anyone calls you on your stupid shiit you bring up your mother's death.  You did the same thing in your other thread.

Let's talk about how you think anyone on welfare is a deadbeat.  I noticed how you keep dancing around that  

You must really stupid. The only reason I had to go out of town was for this very reason. Idiot. Otherwise Jade having to be outside wouldn't have come up, thus this issue would have been over a long time ago.

And yes, the people on welfare who sit on their butts, have a dozen kids and do not work are deadbeats.

imageimage

We're Finally Three
  • image yankeebaby2:
     You really crack me up, MML 

apparently cracks herself up, too.

• image Heather R:

image Masonismylove:

I know the purpose of your travel. I didn't present it as vacation or a joyride.  It has been pointed out that estate planning is not a spur of the moment thing, and so the trip could have been planned / budgeted appropriately, MML. 

Regardless we are back and Jade is ok. Please leave it alone. Why do you care about MY dog and MY finances?

imageimage

We're Finally Three
  • image Masonismylove:
    image yankeebaby2:
    image Masonismylove:
    image Heather R:

You must really stupid. The only reason I had to go out of town was for this very reason. Idiot. Otherwise Jade having to be outside wouldn't have come up, thus this issue would have been over a long time ago.

And yes, the people on welfare who sit on their butts, have a dozen kids and do not work are deadbeats.

So these welfare breeders are all lazy?  Sit on their butt all day?  What do you do all day?  

• image Masonismylove:

image jlthompson19:

Yes maam LOL

I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about the posters who said they only give HW pills b/c of camping or living in the country. 

• image Masonismylove:

image CANDID SMURF:

If Yankee did have an AE, I doubt it'd be a smurf, but ty for playing.

I know a WALK OF SHAME when I see one, Smurf Hoar!
  • image yankeebaby2:
    image Masonismylove:
    image yankeebaby2:
    image Masonismylove:
    image Heather R:

So these welfare breeders are all lazy?  Sit on their butt all day?  What do you do all day?  

I'm not on welfare. That's the best part. My DH is able to provide for us and I get my military pay. Thus I am not a lazy welfare receipent. So if I want to sit at home all day I am able to and raise my DS.

imageimage

We're Finally Three
  • image Masonismylove:
    Why do you care about MY dog and MY finances?

Because I care about animal welfare.  You think I'm bullying you.  I don't care about you.  I care about the health and safety of animals.  You said you can't afford behavior training or whatever vaccines you haven't given your doggy.  It stands to reason that you can't afford her getting sick or hurt. Sad

• image Masonismylove:
    image yankeebaby2:
    image Masonismylove:
    image yankeebaby2:
    image Masonismylove:
    image Heather R:

I'm not on welfare. That's the best part. My DH is able to provide for us and I get my military pay. Thus I am not a lazy welfare receipent. So if I want to sit at home all day I am able to and raise my DS.

He is not providing that well if you can't even afford your dog.  

so all welfare recipients are lazy? 

• image laura_belle:

image Masonismylove:

Mind if I ask what military pay you are receiving while staying at home?  Do you still get Tricare and other benefits?

50% disability for breaking my pelvis. I opted to be on my DH's insurance so I don't have to travel to the VA so I don't get VA benefits for everyday illnesses but I do go to the VA every 6 months to have my hip/pelvis checked.

imageimage

We're Finally Three
  • image laura_belle:
    image Masonismylove:
    image laura_belle:

image Masonismylove:

Mind if I ask what military pay you are receiving while staying at home?  Do you still get Tricare and other benefits?

50% disability for breaking my pelvis. I opted to be on my DH's insurance so I don't have to travel to the VA so I don't get VA benefits for everyday illnesses but I do go to the VA every 6 months to have my hip/pelvis checked.

Gotcha, I didn't think they had extended maternity leave. 

No. But the doctor at the VA did put me on bedrest when I was 8 months pregnant.

imageimage

We're Finally Three
  • I have a real hard time believing that no one reading this thread is on welfare.  If you receive benefits or any kind of social assistance, she is calling you lazy, a breeder and a deadbeat.

• You were in the military!?

You seem to have a lot of good things about you, like when you ponied up and tried to apologize for saying craptastic things, and the fact that you served our country in some capacity.  Thank you for serving our country.  Quit saying dumb things / defending indefensible positions so that you can serve our country as a responsible citizen, as well.

• image Heather R:

You were in the military!?

You seem to have a lot of good things about you, like when you ponied up and tried to apologize for saying craptastic things, and the fact that you served our country in some capacity.  Thank you for serving our country.  Quit saying dumb things / defending indefensible positions so that you can serve our country as a responsible citizen, as well.

Thank you.

imageimage

We're Finally Three
  • image yankeebaby2:

I have a real hard time believing that no one reading this thread is on welfare.  If you receive benefits or any kind of social assistance, she is calling you lazy, a breeder and a deadbeat.

That's not what I said. Please quote the post where I said that people who recieve food stamps, medicade and welfare and SIT ON THEIR BUTTS AND DO NOT WISH TO WORK are lazy.

imageimage

We're Finally Three
  • image Masonismylove:
    image yankeebaby2:
    image Masonismylove:
    image Heather R:

imageimage

We're Finally Three
  • image yankeebaby2:

I have a real hard time believing that no one reading this thread is on welfare.  If you receive benefits or any kind of social assistance, she is calling you lazy, a breeder and a deadbeat.

Oh snap!  A stranger over the internet made an ignorant blanket statement about a category I happen to fall in.

My butt hurts now. I think I'll go for a drive in my Cadillac Escalade and go put diamonds on my fingernails to sooth my nerves.   

however long the night, dawn will break.

• image Masonismylove:
    image yankeebaby2:

That's not what I said. Please quote the post where I said that people who recieve food stamps, medicade and welfare and SIT ON THEIR BUTTS AND DO NOT WISH TO WORK are lazy.

well right in the one I quoted in the OP:

So I guess I need to be like these other dead beats out there and go get foodstamps, medicade for DS and collect a welfare check, huh?

and here is another one:

• image MrsLacy:
    image yankeebaby2:

Oh snap!  A stranger over the internet made an ignorant blanket statement about a category I happen to fall in.

My butt hurts now. I think I'll go for a drive in my Cadillac Escalade and go put diamonds on my fingernails to sooth my nerves.   

That's not what I said. I said the ones who recieve it and DO NOT WANT TO WORK are lazy. If you recieve it AND WORK is fine in my book.

imageimage

We're Finally Three
  • image MrsLacy:
    image yankeebaby2:

and vaccinate your pets, since we know all welfare queens vaccinate their pets now.   

• image Masonismylove:
    Yankee must have a really really boring life!!!! I bet her husband is boring!!!!!!!!!!

Zing!

I'm not ignoring my pets to be here, moron.  I'm at work.   

• image Masonismylove:
    image MrsLacy:
    image yankeebaby2:

That's not what I said. I said the ones who recieve it and DO NOT WANT TO WORK are lazy. If you recieve it AND WORK is fine in my book.

I SAH and Joy is on Medicaid and WIC.  Surprise!

I suppose I could go get a job and put her in DC.  Let me see...around here jobs are scarce.  I could get a minimum wage job that pays $7.40/hr.  But quality DC costs at least $10/hr.  And I love when total strangers help raise my baby.

Ah yes, that makes a whole not of sense. 

• image MrsLacy:
    image Masonismylove:
    image MrsLacy:
    image yankeebaby2:

I suppose I could go get a job and put her in DC.  Let me see...around here jobs are scarce.  I could get a minimum wage job that pays $7.40/hr.  But quality DC costs at least $10/hr.  And I love when total strangers help raise my baby.

I was with you until this.  Not cool.

• image MrsLacy:
    image Masonismylove:
    image MrsLacy:
    image yankeebaby2:

I'm not talking about mother's like you. I'm talking about the people who have kids just to get foodstamps, medicade, and welfare. It makes more sense for you to stay home and raise her because essentially you would be going to work to pay for her DC. That is why I stay home. It makes more sense for me to stay hiome then to put DS in DC while I go to work.

imageimage

We're Finally Three
  • image jlthompson19:
    image MrsLacy:
    image Masonismylove:
    image MrsLacy:
    image yankeebaby2:

I thought that was directed at MML 

• MML being military is exactly why you guys are all having this breakdown in communication.  Yankee is taking everything MML says literally.  MML is saying shiit without thinking it through all the way.  She's probably exaggerating the circumstances, because that's military speak.  If you exaggerate the circumstances, then the workforce is a little more likely to react with alacrity.  And that's how we spend our days.  Example:

Service member number 1:  How many m16s are in that pile?

SM #2:  Who cares?

SM#1:  Find out.

SM #3:  314.

SM #1: Who counted them?

SM #2:  SMITH

SM #1:  Fuucking count them, douche.  Hurry.

SM #2:  29.

And Yankee is a lawyer.  Her work day is vastly different. 

Shot first, questions later.
  • image laura_belle:

image yankeebaby2:
    image jlthompson19:
    image MrsLacy:

MML stays home also. 

right but she is telling Mrs Lacy how to raise her kid, you know, by getting a  job 

• image margotmacomber:

MML being military is exactly why you guys are all having this breakdown in communication.  Yankee is taking everything MML says literally.  MML is saying shiit without thinking it through all the way.  She's probably exaggerating the circumstances, because that's military speak.  If you exaggerate the circumstances, then the workforce is a little more likely to react with alacrity.  And that's how we spend our days.  Example:

well she said she was going to start writing everything in spanish so I could understand it 

• image yankeebaby2:
    image laura_belle:

image yankeebaby2:
    image jlthompson19:
    image MrsLacy:

MML stays home also. 

right but she is telling Mrs Lacy how to raise her kid, you know, by getting a  job 

I see your point, and I hope you're right, but with the comment being immediately after daycare prices, I'm not sure if you are.

• image laura_belle:

Yup.  Nothing like telling us working moms that total strangers are raising our children.  I guess it helps her justify her decisions.  I have to step away from this now because nothing makes me more angry than bulls!t like that.

I honestly meant no offense. 

But I said "help" raise my baby. Unless you personally know your DCP, in the beginning strangers are caring for them.  Qualified and trained, but strangers nonetheless.  

And no way in hell do I judge those for having to put their children in DC, a mommas got to do what a mommas got to do.

My apologies. 

• image yankeebaby2:
    image laura_belle:

image yankeebaby2:
    image jlthompson19:
    image MrsLacy:

MML stays home also. 

NEVER EVER said that to Ms. Lacy. Stop putting words in my mouth. You are just angry because everyone is over your BULLSH!T

imageimage

We're Finally Three
  • image jlthompson19:
    image yankeebaby2:
    image laura_belle:

image yankeebaby2:
    image jlthompson19:
    image MrsLacy:

MML stays home also. 

I see your point, and I hope you're right, but with the comment being immediately after daycare prices, I'm not sure if you are.

guess you're right, see her post above.   

• image Masonismylove:
    image yankeebaby2:
    image laura_belle:

image yankeebaby2:
    image jlthompson19:
    image MrsLacy:

NEVER EVER said that to Ms. Lacy. Stop putting words in my mouth. You are just angry because everyone is over your BULLSH!T

Do you have any idea how unhinged you come across when you capitalize random words? 

• image yankeebaby2:
    image margotmacomber:

MML being military is exactly why you guys are all having this breakdown in communication.  Yankee is taking everything MML says literally.  MML is saying shiit without thinking it through all the way.  She's probably exaggerating the circumstances, because that's military speak.  If you exaggerate the circumstances, then the workforce is a little more likely to react with alacrity.  And that's how we spend our days.  Example:

well she said she was going to start writing everything in spanish so I could understand it 

I didn't say common sense was standard issue. 

Shot first, questions later.
  • image MrsLacy:
    image laura_belle:

Yup.  Nothing like telling us working moms that total strangers are raising our children.  I guess it helps her justify her decisions.  I have to step away from this now because nothing makes me more angry than bulls!t like that.

But I said "help" raise my baby. Unless you personally know your DCP, in the beginning strangers are caring for them.  Qualified and trained, but strangers nonetheless.  

And no way in hell do I judge those for having to put their children in DC, a mommas got to do what a mommas got to do.

My apologies. 

I work because I want to.  I don't want to be a SAHM.  Currently my sister watches DD but I WANT to put her daycare.  She'll get so much more socialization and early education than I could ever provide for her. 

In reality all of us will be having strangers help raise our kids once they go to Kindergarten.  And unless private schooling is involved, we also don't get to "vet" the school like we do for daycares.

• I'm not really sure what all this is about, since I barely read the thread. But we don't vaccinate our pets, they get rabies and that's it. My parents do more of a let nature run it's course with animals. I remember one time my cat got into a fight with something and the muscles of his foot were exposed. He never went to the vet but my folks wrapped it up and it did heal on it's own. (I guess what I think this means is the vets prices don't reflect what they do - very similar to the inflated costs of human healthcare...)
  • image jlthompson19:
    image MrsLacy:
    image laura_belle:

My apologies. 

I work because I want to.  I don't want to be a SAHM.  Currently my sister watches DD but I WANT to put her daycare.  She'll get so much more socialization and early education than I could ever provide for her. 

In reality all of us will be having strangers help raise our kids once they go to Kindergarten.  And unless private schooling is involved, we also don't get to "vet" the school like we do for daycares.

I wish I could put DS in DC but it is expensive.

imageimage

We're Finally Three
  • image rubredvelvet:
    I'm not really sure what all this is about, since I barely read the thread. But we don't vaccinate our pets, they get rabies and that's it. My parents do more of a let nature run it's course with animals. I remember one time my cat got into a fight with something and the muscles of his foot were exposed. He never went to the vet but my folks wrapped it up and it did heal on it's own. (I guess what I think this means is the vets prices don't reflect what they do - very similar to the inflated costs of human healthcare...)

You need a new vet.  And your parents suck.

• image laura_belle:

image Masonismylove:

I honestly don't see how a minimum or low wage worker can even afford it.  It is basically the same as a mortgage. 

It's awful.

imageimage

We're Finally Three
  • image jlthompson19:
    image MrsLacy:
    image laura_belle:

My apologies. 

Ugh, I suck at writing today.  I'm not very eloquent with words if you haven't figured that out yet. 

Can I change that last part to "I don't judge anyone for their decision to put their kids in DC"?   It's a personal parenting decision.  I'm not comfortable with it at this young age, but more power to those who are.

Sorry.  ::blushes in embarrassment::

• image Masonismylove:
    image jlthompson19:
    image MrsLacy:
    image laura_belle:

My apologies. 

I know.  I pay my sister a pittance compared to DC prices, but for a number of reasons we feel we need to.  We're making a lot of sacrifices to make it work though.

• image laura_belle:

image rubredvelvet:
    I'm not really sure what all this is about, since I barely read the thread. But we don't vaccinate our pets, they get rabies and that's it. My parents do more of a let nature run it's course with animals. I remember one time my cat got into a fight with something and the muscles of his foot were exposed. He never went to the vet but my folks wrapped it up and it did heal on it's own. (I guess what I think this means is the vets prices don't reflect what they do - very similar to the inflated costs of human healthcare...)

Wow.  I am speechless.  That never happens. 

I am fairly certain you just describe animal neglect.

because... We take a more natural approach? I'm not sure why you think that. I mean poor Mabel is fine now, shes an outdoor cat and I'm sure just got into it with other cornfield critters... It's natural for animals to want o be outside - what's not natural... Things like declawing cats!! Talk about cruel!
  • image MrsLacy:
    image jlthompson19:
    image MrsLacy:
    image laura_belle:

My apologies. 

Ugh, I suck at writing today.  I'm not very eloquent with words if you haven't figured that out yet. 

Can I change that last part to "I don't judge anyone for their decision to put their kids in DC"?   It's a personal parenting decision.  I'm not comfortable with it at this young age, but more power to those who are.

Sorry.  ::blushes in embarrassment::

All is good, just a touchy subject.  Much like animal welfare-wow two of my hot buttons in one post!

• image jlthompson19:

image rubredvelvet:

You need a new vet.  And your parents suck.

hmm, well I'm sorry you feel that way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards