1st Trimester

Newly Pregnant - 9DPO

Hi, I am new to this community! I just found out I was pregnant at 6DPO after 1 month of TTC and about a year of preparing to TTC.
I am super excited, though a bit cautious and in disbelief because I tested so early and got a positive. I will be calling my OB to schedule blood work on Monday.

I wonder if such an early result might mean twins, since the hormone is doubled with twins.

Re: Newly Pregnant - 9DPO

• i tested 5 days before my missed period with both my kids, getting a positive result. they were single =]

• 5 days before is kind of normal.
    I tested a week before and got a strong positive.
    Either way, twins or not, I'd be happy! :)
  • Congrats! Were you charting? I got a positive at 8dpo which is as early as I've seen on here. 6dpo is crazy early, but not impossible if you implanted early... You should get a blood test to test your hcg #'s. Mine was high (32,000 at 6 weeks, previous #'s in sig), but I am 99% sure there is only one in there.

I think I've stumbled on your blog before. Do you do the selfie pics?

ETA: just came back to this thread and have to say that I was being polite in my first post. Had not read anything on her baby making blog, but have seen people (other bloggers) link to her selfie pics on her self portrait blog. The one post I saw had about a million pics of herself in a bikini and I made this face Hmm and closed the blog. I agree that getting a bfp at 6DPO is pretty much unheard of.  Never seen it on the bump or IRL. I think your ideas are extreme and that is being nice. I would hate to see what you do when/if you have other kids...

Family Blog

My Crazy Birth Story

My BFP Chart

~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Portia Jane (June '04), Adelaide Isabel (May '09) & Scarlett Olivia (born at 38 weeks 6 days on December 18th, 2011 - 7lbs 7 oz, 20 inches long)

• Yes,  was charting about 4 months before we started TTCing. On the 1st month of TTC  ( May), I was supposed to ovulate on the 4th but it happened on the 5th ( no doubt about it, it's very clear per chart). We were also doing Shettle's, so we stopped having sex 3 days before ovulation. I was sure there was no way I was pregnant, with it being our first month, and us finishing TTC 3 days before actual O. But there it was. I know I implanted on day 5 ( again per chart). The line was very clear too, which is amazing on 6DPO. I'll be calling my doc on Monday.

And yes, I do do selfies, i can't believe you've been to my blog.
    Do you have a pregnancy blog yourself? I'd love to read it.
    Oh and please don't mention anythign about my pregnancy on my blog- it's way too early and I wont be announcing it for a month or so.
  • image TAOMAB:

Hi, I am new to this community! I just found out I was pregnant at 6DPO after 1 month of TTC and about a year of preparing to TTC.
    I am super excited, though a bit cautious and in disbelief because I tested so early and got a positive. I will be calling my OB to schedule blood work on Monday.

I wonder if such an early result might mean twins, since the hormone is doubled with twins.

Not true. My beta with my twins was the same as my friends beta with her singleton. Many women on the Multiples board have had the same experience. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • image Lilystar82:
    image TAOMAB:

Not true. My beta with my twins was the same as my friends beta with her singleton. Many women on the Multiples board have had the same experience. 

Yeah that's what I'm kind of finding out. That's good, I guess. Twin pregnancies are high risk and while I'd love twins, if it's not it's better.

• Line darkness means nothing about HCG qunatity. It's a yes/no test.

Have you already quarantined yourself in the basement?

Edit: This lovely exerpt from your blog? "Growing a baby is such an intricate process, so many things can go wrong under the influence of seemingly harmless external factors. When the baby is very small, those mistakes in development will result in a miscarriage or a chemical pregnancy*. "

You are worthless scum. Seriously. Chemical pregnancies have NOTHING to do with anything the mother does or does not do. To even insinuate that it is something that they did makes you a fvcking bltch.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• image kdodge423:

Line darkness means nothing about HCG qunatity. It's a yes/no test.

There's mold in the basement. She should probably just do 40 weeks of hospital bedrest in an isolation room. That's the only way to be sure. 

Breastfeeding, Cloth Diapering, Baby Wearing, Co-Sleeping, SAHM...Like a boss.
  • image TAOMAB:
    Yes,  was charting about 4 months before we started TTCing. On the 1st month of TTC  ( May), I was supposed to ovulate on the 4th but it happened on the 5th ( no doubt about it, it's very clear per chart). We were also doing Shettle's, so we stopped having sex 3 days before ovulation. I was sure there was no way I was pregnant, with it being our first month, and us finishing TTC 3 days before actual O. But there it was. I know I implanted on day 5 ( again per chart). The line was very clear too, which is amazing on 6DPO. I'll be calling my doc on Monday.

And yes, I do do selfies, i can't believe you've been to my blog.
    Do you have a pregnancy blog yourself? I'd love to read it.
    Oh and please don't mention anythign about my pregnancy on my blog- it's way too early and I wont be announcing it for a month or so.

Do you have a link to your chart?  I'd love to see it!

• image kdodge423:

Edit: This lovely exerpt from your blog? "Growing a baby is such an intricate process, so many things can go wrong under the influence of seemingly harmless external factors. When the baby is very small, those mistakes in development will result in a miscarriage or a chemical pregnancy*. "

You are worthless scum. Seriously. Chemical pregnancies have NOTHING to do with anything the mother does or does not do. To even insinuate that it is something that they did makes you a fvcking bltch.

I am glad I'm not the only one who was floored by some of the things she wrote in her blog.  Ick!

Lots of love and luck to Squishy622 (Welcome Maya!) and salt78 (Welcome Betty!) <3 <3 <3 <br> ~*Much luck, love, and unicorn farts to my BFPB ukcats (Welcome Avery!)*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    imageimage
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    My BFP Chart * January 2012 Blog * January 2012 EDD List
  • image caffinated_tulip:
    image kdodge423:

There's mold in the basement. She should probably just do 40 weeks of hospital bedrest in an isolation room. That's the only way to be sure. 

::DEAD::

I see your blue eyes every time I close mine.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • OP - seriously some of shiit in your blog has me seriously disturbed.

ETA: 

maternal stress and anxiety has explicit consequences on a developing fetus?s brain. I mean, we are talking all kinds of disorders from dyslexia, ADD, psychophrenia, to homosexuality ( though I?d be perfectly happy if my child was gay, as long as it?s not something that I did to him/her).

WTF is this shiit? OMG you are a fvcking idiot. 

• image LegalPawn:
    image kdodge423:

I am glad I'm not the only one who was floored by some of the things she wrote in her blog.  Ick!

Yes  to kdodge. Not cool, TAOMAB, not cool.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

MSPI Mama: No dairy, eggs, soy, peanuts, or wheat (www.mspimoms.blogspot.com)

• image rocknrollfriend:
    image LegalPawn:
    image kdodge423:

OMG you guys, I just realized... we might be exposing her to... negative feelings!!! Whatever will she do??

MSPI Mama: No dairy, eggs, soy, peanuts, or wheat (www.mspimoms.blogspot.com)

• image rocknrollfriend:
    image rocknrollfriend:
    image LegalPawn:
    image kdodge423:

OMG you guys, I just realized... we might be exposing her to... negative feelings!!! Whatever will she do??

We're probably turning her fetus gay. 

• image CinnamonBun:

OP - seriously some of shiit in your blog has me seriously disturbed.

ETA: 

maternal stress and anxiety has explicit consequences on a developing fetus?s brain. I mean, we are talking all kinds of disorders from dyslexia, ADD, psychophrenia, to homosexuality ( though I?d be perfectly happy if my child was gay, as long as it?s not something that I did to him/her).

WTF is this shiit? OMG you are a fvcking idiot. 

Indifferent 

• image TAOMAB:
    image Lilystar82:
    image TAOMAB:

Yeah that's what I'm kind of finding out. That's good, I guess. Twin pregnancies are high risk and while I'd love twins, if it's not it's better.

Ummm, WRONG AGAIN. Not all twin pregnancies are high risk. Do some research next time before you start babbling mindlessly. Please & thank you.

Photobucket

TTC #1 since 10/2010 ~ BFP 09/2012 ~ EDD 06/01/13

photo small_zps0468243f.jpg

Born May 14, 2013 ~ 5lbs 15oz.
    image rocknrollfriend:
    image rocknrollfriend:
    image LegalPawn:
    image kdodge423:

We're probably turning her fetus gay. 

:::dead:::

• I'm still waiting to see this chart that shows that you can get a BFP at 6DPO. The egg doesn't implant until 7-10 DPO.
    Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12
  • image sourapplemartini:
    I'm still waiting to see this chart that shows that you can get a BFP at 6DPO. The egg doesn't implant until 7-10 DPO.

Me too. Do share, OP.

Photobucket

TTC #1 since 10/2010 ~ BFP 09/2012 ~ EDD 06/01/13

photo small_zps0468243f.jpg

Born May 14, 2013 ~ 5lbs 15oz.
  • That blog is some crazy, looney, shiz.  Poor kid. 

Also, I did some gardening today..now my baby is gay. I wish I'd have found her blog sooner.

Big A 06-07-08 Little A 11-11-11
  • image JMack1117:

That blog is some crazy, looney, shiz.  Poor kid. 

Also, I did some gardening today..now my baby is gay. I wish I'd have found her blog sooner.

You just killed me...I'm dead...this is my ghost.

mrsdanielleM2010
  • :::headdesk:::

:::headdesk:::

:::headdesk:::

HOW ARE IDIOTS CONTINUING TO PROCREATE, get pg on the first shot, and continue to populate the world with their spawn, while some of the most intelligent, SANE people I know on the IF and TTTC boards cannot.  WHY?

July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Mamazon2014
  • image LovingBaz:
    image JMack1117:

My apologies!  On the bright side, my flowers are sure pretty!

Big A 06-07-08 Little A 11-11-11
  • I'm sorry, but you are a moron.  I approach pregnancy like a normal person, and my kid is both exceptionally smart and exceptionally healthy.  So ha ha ha ha ha. 

No

• Ok, guys! Just to set the record straight and stop getting you upset, so that YOUR baby wouldn't be gay :) lol

I am in NO WAY suggesting that miscarriages or chemical pregnancies are a mother's fault ( except for those who exposed themselves to substances known to cause miscarriages and birth defects). I am simply stating that for my peace of mind I would like to avoid any kinds of situations that mind in any way influence the development of my baby. I realize there is a 25% chance of miscarriage and there's nothing that can done about that- mistakes in DNA just happen- it's no one's fault. So please, please, please, take this as a "this is how I chose to approach it", rather than feeling that you might not be doing enough. This is simply our choice, everyone does what works for them.

Also, for those who don't know, gardening= toxoplasmosis if not wearing gloves.
    Maternal stress is linked to learning disorders, as well as sexual orientation.

You know, I would think that this, being a community of pregnant women and mothers, would show some respect to other mothers and women by using polite language and giving people the benefit of a doubt. IF this is how you're behaving towards other women, then I don't know what kind mothers you are.

I've had a few women simply tell me that they disagree with me, at which point I'd correct them explaining that they misunderstood what i was trying to say. That's how normal people behave.

Since when do we ridicule other people's healthy choices? ...oh wait, since always, because that makes us feel inadequate.

And for that "nice" person who inquired whether this causes me negative feelings- no it doesn't- all it does is bring traffic to my blog, so thank you.

Oh and one final thing: my chart- I don't have one online, however without being snide or nasty to you, it was very clear based on it when i ovulated and when the implantation happened. It is the fertilized egg that produce Hcg from what i read, so it's very possible to test at 6DPO and get a positive, I'd read some posts with women finding out at 5DPO.
  • image JMack1117:
    image LovingBaz:
    image JMack1117:

My apologies!  On the bright side, my flowers are sure pretty!

It's cool, H resuscitated me. 

Wow, well Molls is always in the "advanced" category for milestones and I pretty much broke every pregnancy "rule" in the book...other then the whole drinking, smoking and heroin use part..those I avoided. I also had a lot of stress and fainting issues.   Maybe it's a trick, that or Molly is just an advanced lesbian.

I wonder if OP plans on skipping all testing, u/s and blood work...I mean they can be stressful and she may have to ::gasp:: leave the house.

• Maternal stress does not cause homosexuality. Homosexuality is not a mental illness you ignorant bimbo.

funnibunni80
    Maternal stress does not cause homosexuality. Homosexuality is not a mental illness you ignorant bimbo.

For reals. If stress in pregnancy caused homosexuality pretty much everyone would be gay.

funnibunni80
  • image TAOMAB:

Oh and one final thing: my chart- I don't have one online, however without being snide or nasty to you, it was very clear based on it when i ovulated and when the implantation happened. It is the fertilized egg that produce Hcg from what i read, so it's very possible to test at 6DPO and get a positive, I'd read some posts with women finding out at 5DPO.

Yes, the egg produces HCG but it doesn't get released into your system for 3 days. So, by your logic, your egg implanted at 3DPO, which is NOT POSSIBLE. Not to mention that your temps won't show when the egg fertilized and implanted.

This is just one instance of your complete misinformation. 

Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12