January 2011 Moms

So who's going to be the first BFP????

It certainly won't be me. Our three, plus having a 14 yr old SD, is quite enough for me. So I'm going to live through you ladies.

But, seriously, if you are trying again...when are you going to start? and why then?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: So who's going to be the first BFP????

• NOT.

ME.

I cringe at the thought of doing any of this (morning sickness, sleepless pg nights, c-section recovery, sleepless pp nights) all over again (but I totally will, just not any time soon). 

• not me either
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • jaxxx15jaxxx15 member
    Legs crossed here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We will be trying for #2 in late summer or early fall.  Then we will be done!
  • mick64mick64 member

I'm feeling ready for the next one. We're not really trying though because I'm still EBFing (no solids) and I haven't had a period yet, so the chances are really slim at least until he hits 6 months. 

Ideally, I'd like to start actually "trying" when DS turns 1 year, but we won't really be preventing.  We waited almost 6 years before trying, so we were really ready and we want a big(ish) family. So with me being 29 now, I don't really want to space kids out too far. Plus, DS has been a very easy baby.  Rarely cries, eats great, sleeps pretty good, doesn't get to bent out of shape if he gets off his routine.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • mchupiemchupie member
    Hahaha we'll be trying again in the Fall.  I say we have a prize for whoever is first!
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • MrsYamMrsYam member

Not me!

Hubs is getting snipped in June. 

We're done having babies. Good thing we made 2 very cute ones. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Not I...I wanted to have at least 2 kids, but now I'm feeling good with one. Who knows though. I may change my mind a few years down the road. Smile

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • NOT ME. You gotta have sex to get that BFP. =P

We had plans on TTC #2 this fall but no thank you. We changed our minds after experiencing infant acid reflux and decided we are going to wait until next year in the fall.

(Me) 30 & (DH) 32 {Together 11 years - Married 04.17.15}

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    TTC Baby #2 since 06/15 | BFP 9/4/15 | EDD 5/07/16

BabyGaga
  • If we have another I have to wait at least two years, dr's orders.  We'd probably wait 3, because that'll make for better resource allocation for both kids.  At this point, I just don't know... I have a 70-80% chance for a recurrence of cholestasis, which would mean at minimum I'd have to be induced asap, in addition to all the other really scary complications (though, what exactly the probability of those complications is, is something I need to discuss further with an OB).  bleh.

so, not me. lol.

• I really want #2 but DH is still in grad school and I hate the working mom thing. Being with LO was the best thing ever for me, and I'd really enjoy a second child. So would DH but he needs to have a steady job before we can do this in NYC!
  • Not me...

I had my tubes tied when Joshua was delivered.  He was my big surprise ( I am the one who found out when I was 22 weeks pregnant).  I don't think we can handle another surprise.

He will start Kindergarten when his big brother is a sophmore in college....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • At this time last year I was pregnant with an infant. :)  It aint gonna be me this year though! We're still not sure about a 3rd, but if we do we will start TTC in fall 2012.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesistersofjoan:
    Not I...I wanted to have at least 2 kids, but now I'm feeling good with one. Who knows though. I may change my mind a few years down the road. Smile

This exactly. Our one is all I need right now. She's amazing and I want to be able to focus on just her. IF there's a DC#2, it'll be after H's next deployment - several years from now.

• hjk5000hjk5000 member
    Not me!  We won't actually try again until DS is weaned, at the earliest.  At that point I'll do a cyst check at the RE's office and go from there.
    PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I would love to start trying again. LO has been an amazing baby and really don't want them to be too far apart. But that being said. I just got laid off and we just are not financially ready for another one. We will start trying hopefully when LO is a year. 
  • SM2713SM2713 member
    We are thinking of starting in the fall or winter. I def do not want another winter baby. I hated being stuck inside the house!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I would love to start TTC again, considering how long it took for us to get pg with DS... but H wants DS to be a one-and-only. :( I want him to have a sibling. H agreed to talk about it when Lucian is a year old, so I guess that's compromise enough.
  • imageFergie+1:
    I would love to start TTC again, considering how long it took for us to get pg with DS... but H wants DS to be a one-and-only. :( I want him to have a sibling. H agreed to talk about it when Lucian is a year old, so I guess that's compromise enough.

Ditto this.

• First, I haven't had sex since I got KU with Trevor... so it's been 13 months. and I'm single, so no sex in the foreseeable future. and I have mirena, so...

and there's that whole wanting to be married and done with grad school before I have another one....

so... never again for me? lol 

• If my husband would let me, I'd start trying again right now.

He is still working on his degree, though, so we will probably wait until he graduates, finds a steady job and we buy a house before we have another. I'm sure it will be 2-3 years. 

My ILs have told us they're already ready for 2 or 3 more grandkids. haha  

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We're not going to try again until Spring/Summer 2012. Gettin' the old tubes tied after that. I need to lose this weight and get my body back for a little while before I donate it to another little creature.
  • We are trying for #2 next summer or fall and then we will be done.
    Hope (32), James (36), Sophee (1 year old), McKenzee (7 weeks) CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
  • We are not trying but we're also not preventing (unless you count exclusively breastfeeding, which has always been enough to prevent for us so far).  We've always wanted at least 4 children and fairly close in age so... it'll happen when it happens.  :D
    Eliza 
    Married to a pharmacist
    Mother of two boys, three girls, and one more little boy on the way!
    Two time miscarriage survivor.
    So happy to be expecting our sixth child in August 2017!

Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • RHitchRHitch member
    I would be pissed if I got a BFP!  I rarely have sex because I am too scared of a slip up!!  We are currently researching our options.  It will either be the big "V" for DH or a tubal ligation for me.  I have a 10 year old SD, a DD that's almost 3 and DS that's just about 4 months.  It's a wrap in the kids department!

• I think we will be waiting until the Fall of 2012 before we try again. Although, I could be talked into it earlier if everything else fell into place.
  • Well, we certainly werent trying to but it looks like we may be now. ... I did a due date calculation and it is the same as my sons birthday. January 25th and I have an older daughter whose birthday is January 24th....Tongue Tied Three birthdays in the same week!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"