Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Hot weather, a car seat ?

We are in San Antonio and the weather has already been in the 90's off and on for awhile now.

DS #2 is rear facing (9 months old) .  We switched him over to his convertible car seat a couple months ago when it started to get hot.  He is a sweaty baby and he seemed miserable in the infant car seat because it was more snug and confining.  I thought the switch would alleviate some of his problems (really bad sweating).

He is still not getting enough cool air.  I have never seen a baby get so hot:(  Our car does not have vents on the ceiling (VW Touareg).  DS #1 rear faced until he was 30 months without this problem.  I do not want to turn DS #2 around at 1.  Any suggestions? They both have sun shades on their windows already.

We are getting a new car in August so I will definitely be paying close attention to vent placement. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Hot weather, a car seat ?

• Options
    I don't really have advice. I just want you to know that you are not alone. My DS is still rear facing and I am buying his convertible seat this weekend. He sweats too and I have a sunshade. He screams in the afternoons on the way home, we have a 40 min. drive. Luckily today he fell asleep. I am in the same boat and I wanna turn him around so bad I can taste it! (but I'm not)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

You aren't alone. My DS sweats tons in his RA 50.

For the pp, that stated that she wants to turn forward facing, FWIW my DD is forward facing and she still sweats. She is in a Britax Marathon, and she always complains that her back is sweaty.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    RoxpupRoxpup member
    My kid sweats like crazy in his car seat, too.  He got a freaking HEAT RASH because of it and it was not even 75 degrees outside (literally, and DH and I both had long sleeves and long pants on, and LO had short sleeve shirt and very light pants).  We have a Britax Boulevard, I don't think the car seat has much to do with it, I think he's just a sweaty kid. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm planning on getting something like this. You keep it in the freezer at home, then take it with you when you head out. When you park the car, you put it in the seat and it keeps it cool for a few hours while your car is parked in the sun.

To some extent, my DS is warm-natured and will sweat anyway. But I'm hoping this will take the edge off in the summer.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagewrite2nicole:

I'm planning on getting something like this. You keep it in the freezer at home, then take it with you when you head out. When you park the car, you put it in the seat and it keeps it cool for a few hours while your car is parked in the sun.

To some extent, my DS is warm-natured and will sweat anyway. But I'm hoping this will take the edge off in the summer.

Thanks for the tip!  Baby E sweats like crazy in his seat.  

I will check out Amazon.  The Meeno Babies stuff looks interesting.

Om nom nom
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This tip is only god if you own your car or plan on owning it after a loan is paid but we had our back 3 windows tinted (lower grades of tint are legal in RI) to keep things cooler and to aid in keeping the sun out of LO's face. Sunshades just didn't do the trick. It was a bit of a pricy thing to do ($180) but well worth it in my eyes since LO will be rear facing as long as possible.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imagePrince Spaghetti Night imageXO My Funny Valentine XO
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"