July 2011 Moms

FP Rock and Play Sleeper

Just wanted to share on here that I was registered for the Fisher Price Rock and Play Sleeper and I found several of these reviews on Amazon about it causing "flat head"...it now looks like it's not really recommended for overnight sleep.

https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Newborn-Rock-Sleeper-Yellow/product-reviews/B002M77N22/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&filterBy=addOneStar

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: FP Rock and Play Sleeper

• I imagine it's because (just like a swing) people over use it. It is not meant to be used for EVERYTHING and for the majority of the day. We will use it for daytime use in the living room, like naps. LO will be in a bassinet at night time.

Tummy time is key too!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagecatie333:

I imagine it's because (just like a swing) people over use it. It is not meant to be used for EVERYTHING and for the majority of the day. We will use it for daytime use in the living room, like naps. LO will be in a bassinet at night time.

Tummy time is key too!

Agreed.  Plus, it's been suggested that you can put a folded blanket between the hard plastic and the fabric cover to make it softer.

• Loading the player...
  • imagecatie333:

I imagine it's because (just like a swing) people over use it. It is not meant to be used for EVERYTHING and for the majority of the day. We will use it for daytime use in the living room, like naps. LO will be in a bassinet at night time.

Tummy time is key too!

Yes

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • CMM05CMM05 member

I still 100% stand by this product as the best baby product out there.

I might get flamed for this, but I think that flat head is kind of a pre-disposition type of thing. I think either your child is going to get it or they won't. 

You have to balance laying in swings, bouncers, cribs, etc. with tummy time and other places where the baby's head can be moved and/or lifted. 

DS2 slept in the Rocker for SEVEN months and he was in it a lot due to his horrible reflux. He did not have flat head and I am convinced this product saved his life.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageCMM05:

I might get flamed for this, but I think that flat head is kind of a pre-disposition type of thing. I think either your child is going to get it or they won't. 

You have to balance laying in swings, bouncers, cribs, etc. with tummy time and other places where the baby's head can be moved and/or lifted. 

No flaming here. I also read ALL the reviews and comments on Amazon. I think the positives far, far outweigh the risks. It also takes some common sense and I have a feeling these very few kids that developed an issue likely spent too much time in it but also were pre-disposed to it whether they were in a crib, pack n' play or bassinet. It just happens.

My former co-worker's child developed mild torticolis (sp?) and their ped and therapist (for weak neck muscles) said the exact thing. I remember talking about this with her very clearly because I was concerned (still pregnant at the time). There are things you can do to help prevent it obviously but a lot of it is common sense. However, some babies are just prone to it. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"