2»

Re: wow the board is dead

• Options
    imageEmjayTheHunted:
    imagewishingforpositive21:

imageEmjayTheHunted:

Am I now the topic of discussion on your FB group thing?  :-P 

No just the laughing stock :)

I think I might start wearing all black clothing and cutting myself.  

Remember: Down the railroad tracks, not across the road.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageEmjayTheHunted:

imageEmjayTheHunted:

Am I now the topic of discussion on your FB group thing?  :-P 

No just the laughing stock :)

I think I might start wearing all black clothing and cutting myself.  

Funny, that was always the mental picture I had of you, with your unconstructive comments and "I wasn't popular in HS, so I'm desparately making up for it-complete with HS behaviour"- attitude... If you wanted a board that flames everyone and responds rudely to people on a by-the-minute basis, you're right, this board is not the right board for you, and it's a good thing you never wasted your time here. So why start now?

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagebroccolitree:

So, you're just here to gloat that the FB group is awesome and the board sucks and we're totes not allowed to join?  awesome.  thanks.

I was thinking the exact same thing.  wtf re: OP.

Om nom nom
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

You know, I rarely posted on this effing board, and now I know why.

You people are asshats.

You bored me during our pregnancies and you bore me now. I never felt welcome enought to post until I found the 3-6 crowd. And before one of you throws a hissy fit an accuses me of drinking Emjay's koolaid, I've actually not interacted with her that much.

I'll tell you this, though: this cliquish, clannish, and catty behavior is disgusting in grown women. Act like farkin' adults, for God's sake.

And to the PP who say thatshe though that any Jan mom would be welcome to the FB group, even now...I think one of your little friends actually made the groups position quite clear:

"No sorry it's not still open!! We are a private and closed off group!! "

I think I'll stick with 3-6.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMegs12411:

You people are asshats.

You bored me during our pregnancies and you bore me now. I never felt welcome enought to post until I found the 3-6 crowd. And before one of you throws a hissy fit an accuses me of drinking Emjay's koolaid, I've actually not interacted with her that much.

I'll tell you this, though: this cliquish, clannish, and catty behavior is disgusting in grown women. Act like farkin' adults, for God's sake.

And to the PP who say thatshe though that any Jan mom would be welcome to the FB group, even now...I think one of your little friends actually made the groups position quite clear:

Thanks for generalizing all of us.

Do you need a hug or something? You seem to have some anger.  

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Options
    Wait, so as a January mom, I'm no longer allowed to join the January mom FB page? I didn't realize there was a deadline. Perhaps you should call your group something different and/or disassociate yourselves as a group with the Jan board so you don't make people feel crappy by leaving them out.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• Options
    imageFergie+1:

I didn't even get FB until recently... it just wasn't a big deal to me. And to the PP who came off so rudely... yeah, stay on FB, please.

The board IS dead, and I really wish it wasn't. I really liked a good amount of the mommas and it sucks to lose that. I primarily visit 3-6, and lurk on the names and nursery gear boards. Meh. It'd be nice to have some mommas come back... at least for HDBD so we can see all of the babes getting bigger. ;)

ITA.  DD was born in December so I rarely check back to this board but do every now and then to check on those I remember from our pg days, but there isnt ever anything going on and I'm sorry for that.  I dont have FB so I'm out of the club anyway, but do miss the days before the group... oh well!

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I always viewed FB as a way to simply keep in touch so that once TB got rid of our group there was somewhere to go.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

The heifer....sugar baby needs to cut back on the sugar.  Pronto.

imageEmjayTheHunted:

Umm where is the flawed math?  Anyway it was ME I said that I thought your kid was actually cute... It's unfortunate that her mom has nothing better to do than worry about everyone but herself!  Even before our FB went exclusive, it would have never been open to you... however, I still think some of the "lurkers" were probably aliases you made up so you could be part of the cool kids club... darn your luck.

Well, I guess it depends on how negative the 2 negatives are.  I can assure you I've never lurked on anything you guys have.  Ever.  

imageMakingBabyWasFun:

Not quite.  I was just thinking back to that link to your facebook page that was posted ages ago showing you and the husband that I mistook for a heifer.  I suppose if I looked like a wild pig I'd presume myself hunted as well!

Hmm.  I wouldn't know who you mean.  

#1, I'm not married.  I prefer to live in sin with my sugar baby.  So, I'm not sure who you saw a pic of. 

#2.   I'd be happy to post a pic or two of said sugar baby. 

• Options

I'm so glad that ALL the january moms who are members of thr FB group are generalized so negatively. 

Chemical Pregnancy in 2004. BFP #1 on 9-26-2009 * MC on 10-2-2009 @ 6w DX with PCOS and Started Clomid C#1 @ 100mg 4-12-2010. BFP #2 on 5-6-2010 * Beta #1 - 41 @ 12dpo * Beta #2 - 256 @ 15dpo Saw HP 126bpm - 5/27/10 Asher arrived on 1-13-2011
  • Options
    RHitchRHitch member
    I was actually deleted off the FB group.  LOL!!  I can read FB from work, but I cannot post.  I have posted on the FB group several times, but lately I have not had time to log on from home.  I go there all the time from work, but I guess since I cannot be an active poster, I got deleted.  I found it crazy because I've been with the "January 2011" moms since I got my BFP in May and I used to read the FB group posts daily.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageMakingBabyWasFun:

The heifer....sugar baby needs to cut back on the sugar.  Pronto.

You are simply stupid.  You don't know what in the hell you're talking about.  Are you trying to imply that my boyfriend is fat??  

Click the link moron.  He's not fat. 

https://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww47/Emjay221/IMAG0042-1.jpg

Interesting, however, that your "My life in pictures"  link is suddenly hidden.  Don't want anyone to see what you're hiding?  

• Options

imageRHitch:
    I was actually deleted off the FB group.  LOL!!  I can read FB from work, but I cannot post.  I have posted on the FB group several times, but lately I have not had time to log on from home.  I go there all the time from work, but I guess since I cannot be an active poster, I got deleted.  I found it crazy because I've been with the "January 2011" moms since I got my BFP in May and I used to read the FB group posts daily.

If you were on the FB page all of the time, did you not see the numerous discussions we were having about shady members?  We gave all members almost two solid weeks of constant reminders to "check in" to let us know they wanted to stay. 

The whole point of the FB page was to become a smaller, more intimate group.  Participation is key to the dynamic of the FB page.  The members feel they can share personal information regarding their children and lives in general, and "know" who they were sharing with.  There were 50+ members sitting in the shadows lurking, reading our posts, and not reciprocating.  Our thinking was, if they want to lurk, they can do that on the Bump.

I apologize you got deleted, but you said yourself you cannot be an active poster.  Why would you want to be part of a group that you do not have the time for or do not want to participate in?  In general, most of what we discuss can be found on the 3-6 month board on the bump.  

Some people are calling us snobs or a clique, which is fine.  They have no idea how awesome we really are.  Please do not generalize the group based on two members' negative comments.

• Options
    RHitchRHitch member

I saw the posts, but I cannot post on FB from work.  I did post on FB when I was on maternity leave, but now when I try to post something, my job blocks the content.  I've only been back to work since April 1st, so it's not like I've been MIA since the board started.  I have posted personal information on there just like you all have.  I just couldn't post everyday all day -- nor do I have the desire to do so.

ETA: I never "complained" about being deleted.  In fact, when I posted above, I said "LOL" afterwards because I thought it was funny that I got deleted.  If you guys want a smaller more intimate group, more power to you.  I didn't say anything negative about you all for doing so.

• Options
    imageRHitch:

I saw the posts, but I cannot post on FB from work.  I did post on FB when I was on maternity leave, but now when I try to post something, my job blocks the content.  I've only been back to work since April 1st, so it's not like I've been MIA since the board started.  I have posted personal information on there just like you all have.  I just couldn't post everyday all day -- nor do I have the desire to do so.

ETA: I never "complained" about being deleted.  In fact, when I posted above, I said "LOL" afterwards because I thought it was funny that I got deleted.  If you guys want a smaller more intimate group, more power to you.  I didn't say anything negative about you all for doing so.

I did not say you were complaining, I was just defending our side.   There are plenty of members who do not post daily, and that is ok.  They expressed a desire to stay in the group, so they stayed.

• Options
    imageMegs12411:

You people are asshats.

Ok.

• Options
    It probably woudlnt be that difficult to start a new FB group...would it......

• Options

imageStephnMatt101008:

You shouldn't give them the satisfaction of joining their group.  And it's not "closed" other than they don't want new people.  Seriously... don't buy into their hype. 

Oh, where is the chick that called my BF fat?  nothing to say when I posted his pic?? 

• Options
    imageEmjayTheHunted:

imageStephnMatt101008:

You shouldn't give them the satisfaction of joining their group.  And it's not "closed" other than they don't want new people.  Seriously... don't buy into their hype. 

Oh, where is the chick that called my BF fat?  nothing to say when I posted his pic?? 

She has seen a picture of him before.

• Options
    imageEmjayTheHunted:

imageStephnMatt101008:

I think your BF is hot, I'm just sayin' Embarrassed

• Options
    sorry ladies i wasnt posting to gloat. i was just shocked how dead it is. and luckily a lot of us noticed and are like holy eff we still like the other jan mommas and decided to post more. because we miss you guys too.
  • Options

imagekrista613:
    sorry ladies i wasnt posting to gloat. i was just shocked how dead it is. and luckily a lot of us noticed and are like holy eff we still like the other jan mommas and decided to post more. because we miss you guys too.

Drama- starting hooker. Wink

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Options
    imageBrittRMere:

imagekrista613:

Drama- starting hooker. Wink

emphasis on the hooker... lol 

• Options
    imageIslamoradaBride09:

Yeah, I stopped reading here when it became clear that I had to join the FB group (not an option for me, sorry) to keep up with everyone. I said it was lame then, and I think it's even more lame now. Not everyone wants to be on a first-name basis with randoms from the Bump. Plus I have my own mom friends on my FB friends list.

I'm mostly on 3-6 now & the Cloth Diapering board these days.

this. With all the "OMG, there are crazies on FB so never post pics of your babies" posts on the bump, I'm always surprised at how many people will join groups with total strangers. In my line of work I can't afford to put my business out there. Oh well, this board died but my LO decided to show up early so I'm a Dec mom now and that board is hoppin.
  • Options
    Jan mommas used to be a pretty fun and positive board.  Used to.  I agree that 3-6 is where it's at now.  And I'm kinda lol'ing at how this thread blew up. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"