1st Trimester
Options

Spotting One Day After Pap Smear

Anyone else experience spotting a day after a pap smear?  Yesterday, I felt sore in my lower abdomen and later in the day I noticed some brown / pale pink spotting in my discharge.  The spotting hasn't returned but I had some brief, minor cramping this morning.  I have a call in to my doctor but wanted to see if anyone else experienced something similar?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Spotting One Day After Pap Smear

• Options
    Its normal. In fact Iam surprises the person who did it didn't warn you of possible spotting. Iam always warned about spotting even when not pregnant after a pap. Even slight cramping.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo DSC_0014.jpg
  • Options

It is pretty common to spot after a pap smear.  You cervic was irritated. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When my doctor did mine, he told me to expect some spotting and cramping, and that this was completely normal. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Spoke with the doctor's office, they said it was normal but to contact them if it continued or increased.  I think my doctor was just tired the day of my exam or maybe she would have mentioned it.  She was on call the night before and delivered 7 healthy babies - good sign!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I just had a pap done on Monday and the dr. did warn me about spotting.  I started having some brown-tinged discharge when I wiped last night.  There is still a slight amount today too.  I am hoping it's just from the pap.

I'm still a little freaked out, but haven't called the dr. because I go back tomorrow for a dating ultrasound.  Hopefully we see a growing baby!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    adri77adri77 member
    NORMAL and I'm suprised your OB didn't tell you that at the appt.  That's the 1st thing they have always told me during the pap.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"