Health & Exercise

Anyone use a maternity support belt while pregnant?

Every time I go for a walk, my belly feels so heavy and it's uncomfortable. I feel good and want to walk further, it just feels like my belly is really weighing me down. If you use/used a maternity support belt, did you find it helpful or get some relief?
BFP 7/31/10 m/c 8/16/10
BFP 10/25/10 Brynn Helen born 7/7/11
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Anyone use a maternity support belt while pregnant?

• I used one at the recommendation of my midwife w/my second pregnancy.  I was working with young children at the time, so my day was very active, always moving, etc.  She said it would help and she was right.  I definitely found it helpful and it made my days much more comfortable. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Definitely helped.  I taught group fitness all the way through and wore the support belt for most of my third tri.
    imageimage Ashley Sawtelle Photography
  • Loading the player...
  • SFAug07SFAug07 member
    I wore one after 30 weeks when I was running and it was helpful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What brand/type of support belt do you all recommend? 
  • I've used the Gabriella belly support band since about wk 24(I think).  I was measuring ahead then and it felt a lot better working out with it on.  I have since bought some exercise capris with an over the belly panel and my belly is feeling actually not so heavy the last week or so, so I've actually left it off during my workout.  I def recommend one if you're belly is feeling heavy.  I think it has helped.
  • SFAug07SFAug07 member
    I also used the Gabriella support band, it was recommended for running.
  • I think it depends.  For my first pregnancy I was just gaining weight all over and I didn't find much help from the support belt, however, with my pregnancy now it is all belly weight and I haven't gained anywhere else really, so the support belt has been very helpful.  if you go to the store they will let you try it on before you buy it.  good luck! :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"