Babies: 6 - 9 Months

LO's name...kinda clicky

2»

Re: LO's name...kinda clicky

• LO is Luke Charles. Luke came from a conversation DH and I had about star wars. We both fell in love with it. Charles after DH. For a girl it would have been Aeris (air-es) Leigh. DH has loved Aeris since I meet him and it gre so much on me. Leigh after his mom.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Moni & Tripleas, thanks. (: I like it too. We say one day he will be "Supreme World Emperor Remington Alexander!" It just sounds epic. lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemonimonimoni:
    imagechelsealush:

Zoe Eliana

Zoe means life in greek
    we picked Zoe because she was not supposed to live past 27 weeks gestation, let along past birth. (i was actually encouraged to 'terminate' at 22weeks.)

Eliana because it literally translated as "My God has answered me."

Beautiful <3

Love it!  

Loving all these names and the meaning or even no meaning.  I am amazed at how many of us came up with the first name because it was all we could agree on.   

• Our son's name is Connor Michael. We liked the fact that Connor honours my Irish heritage (my mom is from Ireland) and that it means "Hound lover" -- we're big dog people. Plus, it was pretty much the only name DH liked for a boy. 

Our girl name is Claire -- no middle name decided (possibilities: Claire Olivia, Claire Lauren, Claire Evangeline, ...). 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always,
    As long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
    - Robert Munsch
  • imageMamaLBF:
    LO is Luke Charles. Luke came from a conversation DH and I had about star wars. We both fell in love with it. Charles after DH.For a girl it would have been Aeris (air-es) Leigh. DH has loved Aeris since I meet him and it gre so much on me. Leigh after his mom.
    I love you. <3
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
  • DS is Jessie Owen, he's the 3rd so he has his grandfathers spelling of the name. Sometimes I wish we would have chosen the other version, but oh well. If he was a girl it would have been Taylor Michelle.

DD is Ariana Grace. I wanted an A name for her because my name starts with an A. We already had a boy name picked out before we were pg and it started with a J (also DS and DH start with J) so it seemed right. I gave DH a list of 3 names I liked and he picked that one. I chose Grace because I wanted a one syllable MN since her first name has 4. Yeah, I'm weird. If she was a boy, she would have been Jaxxon Ryan (and the "x" spelling means something to us).

• imageSarahWaggy:
    Moni & Tripleas, thanks. (: I like it too. We say one day he will be "Supreme World Emperor Remington Alexander!" It just sounds epic. lol

I'm all about epic names Big Smile DD (Alexandria) would've been Alexander if she had been a boy. And Remington just sounds so...awesome!

• imagemonimonimoni:

imageSarahWaggy:
    Moni & Tripleas, thanks. (: I like it too. We say one day he will be "Supreme World Emperor Remington Alexander!" It just sounds epic. lol

I'm all about epic names Big Smile DD (Alexandria) would've been Alexander if she had been a boy. And Remington just sounds so...awesome!

You are so right!

People always have a hard time understanding that my LO's name is "Lex".  I always say, "You, know, like in Superman."  Yes my kid share's a name with a super-villain.  Pretty epic if you ask me.

• imagetripleas:
    imagechelsealush:

Zoe Eliana

Zoe means life in greek
    we picked Zoe because she was not supposed to live past 27 weeks gestation, let along past birth. (i was actually encouraged to 'terminate' at 22weeks.)

Eliana because it literally translated as "My God has answered me."

This just gave me chills.

Wow... Same here.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always,
    As long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
    - Robert Munsch
  • DS is Eric Michael.  I chose Eric because I think it will match him well when he's older and Michael is DH's middle name.  If we were going to have a girl it was going to be Lily Aria.  I heard someone say that some popular show (one I'm obviously too lame to watch) has a main character named Aria so now I worry about ppl thinking I named my daughter after her. 
  • LO is Cole Michael. I picked it in high school. Cole is a family name. Michael, I just liked at the time.But, as fate would have it, DH is Michael. So,DS's middle name is now after his dad.

If we had had a little girl she would have been Peyton Carrington. Again a name I picked at 17. But, Carrington is my FIL's name so it would have been in honor of him now.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagerochella:

Hoyt - Family name in DH's family for males.  Goes back five generations.  GFIL goes by H.D. and FIL and DH go by their middle names.  I do not like this name at all, but DS doesn't go by it and I wasn't going to ruin the family tradition just because I'm a name snob.

Donovan - DH picked it out.  The middle names are always "D" names.  DH wanted something original... and I was like sure.  I had absolutely nothing to do with DS name, except for approving it.  I later found out that he got the name Donovan from the webcomic Dominic Deegan.  haha, oh well.  

The name Donovan has absolutely grown on me now, and I can't imagine him being called anything else.

Funny how this happens.  DS's name is a family name too (as I've said quite a bit in this thread) and really had no say whatsoever in what we named him.   Now, I can't imagine Lex being anything other than my Lex.

• imagetripleas:
    imagerochella:

Hoyt - Family name in DH's family for males.  Goes back five generations.  GFIL goes by H.D. and FIL and DH go by their middle names.  I do not like this name at all, but DS doesn't go by it and I wasn't going to ruin the family tradition just because I'm a name snob.

Donovan - DH picked it out.  The middle names are always "D" names.  DH wanted something original... and I was like sure.  I had absolutely nothing to do with DS name, except for approving it.  I later found out that he got the name Donovan from the webcomic Dominic Deegan.  haha, oh well.  

The name Donovan has absolutely grown on me now, and I can't imagine him being called anything else.

Funny how this happens.  DS's name is a family name too (as I've said quite a bit in this thread) and really had no say whatsoever in what we named him.   Now, I can't imagine Lex being anything other than my Lex.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I think it is soooooo cool that you have 5 generations of Hoyt's in your family.  Hopefully your DS will carry on the tradition.

• Alayna Brooke

My mom and sis middle name is Alayne, but I changed it up a little to Alayna. My middle name is Brooke and I have always loved it.

• DS is Miles Alister.

We picked Miles years ago, while we were still dating.  It is pretty much for Miles Davis (we're both big music people and like Miles Davis).  I wanted a Gaelic mn to honor our heritage (DH-Scottish and me-Irish).  I liked Alister and had to run it past DH  a few times with different spellings before he fell in love with it.  I think I ultimately kind of tricked him into thinking the name was his idea :).  We still love his name!

DD is Isla Penelope.

We had a hard time with girl  names, but I just "knew" she was going to be a girl and made DH pick one before our big u/s.  I went through the baby name book and made a list of my favorites an went through them with DH.  Isla was at the top of my list.  When I mentioned to DH that it was Scottish, he was sold (again, for heritage).  It took us until a few weeks before I was due to decide on her mn.  We wanted something unique or a family name.  We had a hard time finding something that flowed with our ln an her fn.  I saw Penelope on here somewhere an mentioned it to DH an we both agreed.  We like it because it is unique and fun.

If  DS had been a girl, he would have been Bella Elizabeth (so glad he wasn't!).  If DD had been a boy, she would have been Julian and I would have pushed for Connor as a mn after my maiden name (though DH wasn't convinced an I wasn't going to argue about it until we found out the sex).  I still LOVE  both of my children's names and hope they like them at least half as much as we do :)

My Bio
    Blog
    Miles Alister. 9.17.2007. 8# 6oz 21.5inches
    Isla Penelope. 10.21.2010. 8# 3oz 21 inches
    2 Months 11# 6oz 23.5 inches
    4 Months 13# 6oz 25 inches
    6 Months 14# 15oz 27 inches
    9 Months 17# 10oz 28 inches
    12 Months 19# 10oz 28.75 inches
  • In all honesty, I wanted to kind of name DS after my dad and grandpa without totally ripping off their names. My dad's name is Ronald, and Ronan was the only other name I saw that I liked that could be shortened to Ron (my grandma actually calls him little Ron) and my grandpa's middle name is Lee, so I just used the alternative spelling of Leigh. It just so happened though, that with my fiance's last name, it actually really flows, I dunno why.

If he had been a girl, I would have been torn between two names. The first was Tehya Aidan, we have strong native american and irish roots, and I thought that that name was a nice mix of Cherokee and Celtic. The other one I would have been totally ripping off both grandma's names and naming him Cora Belle Charlotte. My dad's mom's name is Cora Belle (goes by Corky for short, could do without that nickname) I don't know why I think it's so pretty, I just do.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagedaronsmommy:
    When we found out we were having a boy, we had to find the perfect name.  We searched and searched for the perfect name for our son.  I liked Xander, he liked Victor.  We couldn't agree on anything.  We both were being pretty stubborn.  One morning he woke up and said..."Darren, what do you think?"  My immdiate reaction was NO! But then he told me the meaning behind it.  D for Donald - His grandpa who died November 22, 2009 Combined with Aaron - His brother who died of a brain tumor when he was 16. I went back and forth between Daron and Daaron.  I was worried people wouldn't be able to figure out the double a.  So I went with Daron.  I love it!!!  And it fits him! If we had a girl her name would have been Eleanor Dawn, now that we named D after DH's grandpa I think if we had a girl I would stick with Eleanor (after the car in Gone in 60 Seconds), but change the middle name to Jean which is DH's mom and his sister's middle name, and it was my grandma's middle name as well.

DS name is George Alexander IV but we call him Xander. I was never really into haveing a IV because I didnt know what we would call him...i dont like george for a child and my FIL who passed away almost 4 years ago was Alex or Al but it was very important to DH  since his dad had pass away and i knew FIL would have LOVED it. I'd never heard the name Xander(no i know that was the name of the guy from Buffy and the rock name in XXX) but one day I said what about Xander and it just stuck. If DS had been a girl we had Gerogia(also my Dad's grandmothers name) Alexa(this was my attempt to not have to have a IV down the road) if and when we have a girl we may still use this name or Arrington(my maiden) Estell(my dad's other grandmother's middle name).

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickersimageimageimage
  • imagebekah22587@hotmail.com:

imagedaronsmommy:
    When we found out we were having a boy, we had to find the perfect name.  We searched and searched for the perfect name for our son.  I liked Xander, he liked Victor.  We couldn't agree on anything.  We both were being pretty stubborn.  One morning he woke up and said..."Darren, what do you think?"  My immdiate reaction was NO! But then he told me the meaning behind it.  D for Donald - His grandpa who died November 22, 2009 Combined with Aaron - His brother who died of a brain tumor when he was 16. I went back and forth between Daron and Daaron.  I was worried people wouldn't be able to figure out the double a.  So I went with Daron.  I love it!!!  And it fits him! If we had a girl her name would have been Eleanor Dawn, now that we named D after DH's grandpa I think if we had a girl I would stick with Eleanor (after the car in Gone in 60 Seconds), but change the middle name to Jean which is DH's mom and his sister's middle name, and it was my grandma's middle name as well.

DS name is George Alexander IV but we call him Xander. I was never really into haveing a IV because I didnt know what we would call him...i dont like george for a child and my FIL who passed away almost 4 years ago was Alex or Al but it was very important to DH  since his dad had pass away and i knew FIL would have LOVED it. I'd never heard the name Xander(no i know that was the name of the guy from Buffy and the rock name in XXX) but one day I said what about Xander and it just stuck. If DS had been a girl we had Gerogia(also my Dad's grandmothers name) Alexa(this was my attempt to not have to have a IV down the road) if and when we have a girl we may still use this name or Arrington(my maiden) Estell(my dad's other grandmother's middle name).

Hehe silly woman, Vin Diesel is Xander in XXX, not The Rock.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DS#1 - Cade Joel.  Cade we just liked.  We picked it for the meaning (barrel maker) feeling it was a strong name.  Joel is after my dad, Joel.  :)
    If he was a girl it would have been Faith Lynn.  Faith because of the faith we needed to conceive and Lynn after MIL's mn.

DS#2 - Logan James Lockhart.  Logan we loved.  We thought about leaving it James Lockhart but I didn't want him to have James as a first name.  James is after my Grandfather and Lockhart was DH's G-Grandfather's mn.  
    If he had been a girl it would have been Emma Lee.  DH wanted a name for a girl that would mean "princess" or something like that.  And it's the only name he liked.  ;)  Lee would have been after me and DH, it's both of our mn's.  :)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • DD's name is Addison Jane. We picked Addison after one of the cross streets by Wrigley Field. My husband is a big Cubs fan. He originally wanted Jane as the first name, but I thought it was too plain, so we decided to use it as the middle name instead.

DS's name is Ryne Joseph. Ryne after my husband's favorite Cubs player and Joseph after his father and grandfather.

• bmqcmgbmqcmg member

Juliana Joan

Juliana - This was just the only name that we both liked and I am really glad that my SO liked it because it was my #1 pick.

Joan - After SOs late grandmother on his dads side.

We never talked about boy names since we didn't start talking about names until we found out that Juliana was a girl.

DD - Juliana Joan - Born October 27, 2010 - My Little Princess

BFP 1/14/13 - M/C 1/22/13 @ 5 weeks

BFP 3/20/13 - EDD 11/11/13

BabyFetus Ticker

• I finally went back and read everyone's answers. I think it is funny that I am not the only one wanting to keep a common letter involved in names.

My name starts with a J, as well as both my father and my mother's names. DH's mom and dad's middle names all start with J, so we have been trying to keep J as our common letter. However, if we have a girl for baby #3, then her name will likely be Marissa Kate or Calista Mae, because we can't find anymore J names that we like. Don't even get me started on boy names. :(

• Avery was named by a close friend. I was convinced from day one that I was having a girl, and I was in love with the name Everly but SO would not have it. One day he was visiting me at work, and I was once again trying to convince him to let me have Everly, and my friend/coworker suggested Avery. We both liked it immediately, and it was the only girl name we agreed on so from that point forward it was a done deal. I really wanted Grace for a middle name to honor my great grandma, but again it was a no go for SO. His family has a tradition of giving each kid 3 middle names, so I told him if I could have Grace, I would do three middle names. Scarlett and Harper were both on my list, and SO said "what about Avery Scarlett Harper Grace?" I thought it flowed really well. Needless to say, the woman who came to fill out Avery's birth certificate looked at us like we were nuts.

• Camille Rae-

We wanted Rae as the middle name for sure (something I've always always wanted) because it's my grandmother's middle name.  We chose Camille as the first because it sounded good and it's not super super popular. 

When we told my grandmother that we were naming our daughter Camille Rae, her eyes teared up and she told us that Camille was her father's name!  I had no idea- he passed away when she was 12, and I never heard much about him.

Married 11/24/07
    Camille Rae 8/21/10
    Thea Grace's EDD 5/22/14

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"