Attachment Parenting

Carrier suggestion please :-)

I have an Ergo, which I and my LO love. However, we are going on a vacation soon and I feel like she has been wanting to look out rather than in and will especially want to do so when we are in a new environment. 

Wondering what a great front facing carrier is? And I should add that my LO is on the bigger side: 83% for height and 90% for weight. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Carrier suggestion please :-)

• I'd try a high back carry in a mei tai or a woven wrap.  It will give your babe the same view as a forward facing carrier, but will be more comfortable for you both.

That said, with a woven there is quite a bit of a learning curve, so if you're going on vacation very soon you might not have the chance to get comfortable with it before you go.  I don't own a mei tai so I can't comment, but many of the mamas here use them so maybe they'll chime in.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Thank you for the suggestions. Personally, I would prefer one for the front. When I am in a large crowd in a different city I will feel more comfortable having LO right in front of me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We have a Moby Wrap and Baby Bjorn, and love them both. I prefer the closeness of a wrap, but I love the convenience of the Bjorn because it's so easy to put it on and take it off. Once baby is forward-facing, the little bibs for the Bjorn are nice because you don't have to throw the hole thing in the wash all the time (good for travel). We also chose the "active" model, which has great back support for extended wearing, especially if you have a big baby.

Hope that helps!

• Beco Gemini is very similar to an Ergo and front faces. They are on Amazon so if you don't like it you can return it. The Bjorn is no good for lower back support unless you get the "performance or sport" model and then you're spending the same as the Beco.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards