Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Anyone have an industrial piercing? (NBR)

I got an industrial piercing done at the end of March and now I have two bumps around the openings of the piercing (one at the top of my ear and one at the bottom inside of my ear). I love the piercing but I can't stand the bumps. Is there anything that I can do to get rid of the bumps? Please tell me that they will go away...

I am assuming it's scar tissue build up but I don't know if that is right?

DD - Juliana Joan - Born October 27, 2010 - My Little Princess

BFP 1/14/13 - M/C 1/22/13 @ 5 weeks

BFP 3/20/13 - EDD 11/11/13

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Anyone have an industrial piercing? (NBR)

• Options

When I had my industrial, I also had bumps around the holes. They got worse when I took the piercing out. I ended up having to get a derma punch. Which hurt like all hell.

Make sure you clean it really well everyday with warm water and sea salt. I slacked on cleaning mine so that might be a reason they never went away. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Med-free birth, EBF, Co-Sleeping, Babywearer
  • Options
    Clean it with sea salt at least twice a day
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You probably have keloids. They're no biggie, just annoying. Keep washing it with the salt 2-3 x daily. If that doesn't work, you can always try tea tree oil. For most people, they clear up on their own eventually.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    bmqcmgbmqcmg member
    Thanks everyone! I will be sure to clean the piercing with salt water 2-3 times a day. I really want to get rid of these bumps.

DD - Juliana Joan - Born October 27, 2010 - My Little Princess

BFP 1/14/13 - M/C 1/22/13 @ 5 weeks

BFP 3/20/13 - EDD 11/11/13

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

imagekmiles13:
    You probably have keloids. They're no biggie, just annoying. Keep washing it with the salt 2-3 x daily. If that doesn't work, you can always try tea tree oil. For most people, they clear up on their own eventually.

I second the tea tree oil. I had my eyebrow pierced in high school and after a few months the bumps showed up. I took my ring out so I'm not sure if the bumps will go away if you leave it in, but the tea tree oil made the bumps go away within a few days and now you can't even tell I had a piercing.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    To ease the pain of keloids (sp?) try chamomile tea bags. The piercing is not fully healed and it takes a long time for an industrial to heal fully. Any cartilage will hurt from time to time, even if it has been pierced for years, especially if you sleep on that side.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagekmiles13:
    This
    Aaden18mos Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Addie NewbornBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageOctoberBabyH:
    To ease the pain of keloids (sp?) try chamomile tea bags. The piercing is not fully healed and it takes a long time for an industrial to heal fully. Any cartilage will hurt from time to time, even if it has been pierced for years, especially if you sleep on that side.

Yes 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"