Breastfeeding

Sooo, what do you wear in public??

I hope this doesn't sound dumb - but I don't even REMEMBER what all I wore (tops, of course) with DS when I breastfed him for the 4 months I did. Now that I am nursing DD, I realized all that I own that are BFing-friendly are nursing tanks. That's it. I can't go out all over town in nursing tanks. And normal tops are awkward bc I'd have to yank them all the way up to nurse, and I'm not totally down w/exposing my stretch-mark riddled belly.

Are specially made nursing tops worth it/cute?? I haven't begun looking yet... tips?

Re: Sooo, what do you wear in public??

• Wear a nursing tank under a t-shirt. That way your belly is covered when you lift up the shirt. I don't wear tanks and lift my shirt up, I don't own any nursing tops. I find that the baby covers whatever belly would show.

ETA: Most nursing tops make you pull out your full breast which I think is more revealing than if a bit of my side or back was showing. They're not worth it IMO. I have some regular v-neck tops that do the same.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • I wear a nursing bra and and a tank top over it. Like a wife beater style tank top. Then I just wear a regular shirt. When I nurse, I lift up my shirt and lower the top/neck of my tank top under my boob. Then I unhook my nursing bra. The neck of my tank top gets stretched out at the end of the day, but I don't care. 

I didn't want to spend money on nursing tanks. 

DSC_0330editedimage
    The two men in my life. Oh, and I have a husband too...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have two Bella Bands that still come in handy for BFing because they cover my belly and I also have two Undercover Mama nursing tanks.  I usually wear one (or both) of those underneath a loose top that's easy to lift up to nurse.
    My best friend, my husband, my everything
    Matthew Kevin
    7/31/83-7/20/11 image
    Met 1/8/00
    Engaged 4/21/06
    Married 9/29/07
    Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
    Day Three
  • Motherhood had some cute nursing tops.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I also wear nursing tanks under regular shirts.  I also wear them under my nursing shirts because I want to smooth out the contour of my pp-belly.  Old navy has some decent nursing tops although I have found that both ON and GAP seem to have cut back on their nursing selection :(

Me – 33 (no diagnosis), DH – 41 (MFI)

IVF #1/ICSI 2008 – 22 ER, 21 F, Day 3 transfer (8A and 8B) - BFP, 3 Frosties

Surprise BFP 2010

Surprise BFP 2011

Shipped frosties from TX to VA in 2012

FET #1 May 2013, single blast – BFN

FET #2 August 2013 2 blasts – BFN

IVF #2/ICSI/AH Jan 2014 – 8 ER, 7M, 6 F Day 3 transfer (grade 2 & 3), no frosties - BFP!

• I tend to wear a lot of V-neck/lowcut tops & just pop out a boob.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

I never held you, but I always loved you.
    Baby Squirt- September 2009
    Baby Turtle- May 2010
    Baby Surprise- August 2011
  • I have a few old looser tube tops that i wear over my nursing bra and under a t-shirt...that way my stomach is covered, just lift the t shirt and lower the tube top!! Helps suck everything in too!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"