Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Yeah, I cried! I'm a wus :(

My LO got her 2 month shots today.  I thought I'd be fine, but I totally started crying when the nurse left the room!  It's so hard to hold yourself together when your baby is wailing and you can't do anything to help them.  Thankfully, she only cried for about 3 minutes, but that was a tough 3 minutes!
imageimage

"Beanie" Natural 7w MC 11/21/12

"Nole" stopped growing at 7w3d D&E 2/11/13

Diagnosed with MTHFR and Factor V Leiden on 4/3/13

Due with RAINBOW GIRL 2/10/15

Re: Yeah, I cried! I'm a wus :(

• Aww I sobbed (and yes I mean full on waterfalls) when DS got circ'd. The 2 mo shots I felt bad because there was one I didn't want in the mixture so he had to get 2 instead of just 1 but they let me nurse him right after so I was only a little misty.  I'm sorry it was hard.  I think there will be some needed extra snuggles between you and LO today
  • I did the same thing! With my first son my husband was able to work his schedule and come to all the appointments so i didn't have to do it alone. But now he travels for work so he's not able to come to the appointments with our 2nd son. I had to do the 2 month appointment by myself. I thought I would be okay, I'm a big girl I should be able to handle it. Nope! I had to stay in the room for a few minutes to calm him down and myself down. We snuggled together and then felt better!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't cry at her 2 month shots, but I felt horrible because we'd had sort of a long wait and she was already crying before the shots because she was getting hungry. I held her hand while she was being poked, and  afterwards I nursed her in the parking lot even though we live less than 5 minutes from the doctor's office.  I don't think there's anything wrong with crying!   It is definitely a helpless feeling!
    imageBabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was traumatized too.  DS turned bright red and opened his mouth to scream but nothing came out.  Broken Heart  I felt so bad I overcame my fear of nursing in public and fed him right afterward.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • You're not the only one. I cried a little myself.
  • I had to hold J's legs for both shots... one in each. We nursed in the nurse's office right after (we had to wait around for possible allergic reaction anyway.) J is a pretty fast nurser, so it wasn't so bad. I didn't cry, but only cause I toughed myself up, and he calmed pretty quickly afterwards.

I was more upset because he was hungry (since he won't comfort nurse I had timed it that way so he would nurse) and it took a while for the whole appointment. 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Photobucket Photobucket
  • this will be me on tuesday...i have to go alone and i'm totally dreading it. not to mention the fact that my first day back at work is monday...it's going to be a ROUGH week. i'm watching her sleep right now and she looks so amazingly peaceful...poor thing, she has no idea Sad
  • imagecabartosh:
    I was traumatized too.  DS turned bright red and opened his mouth to scream but nothing came out.  Broken Heart  I felt so bad I overcame my fear of nursing in public and fed him right afterward.

I feel so bad for your LO now too!  Poor babies :(

imageimage

"Beanie" Natural 7w MC 11/21/12

"Nole" stopped growing at 7w3d D&E 2/11/13

Diagnosed with MTHFR and Factor V Leiden on 4/3/13

Due with RAINBOW GIRL 2/10/15

• I felt bad when Mj got his shots but I refuse to do the whole "poor baby/bad doctor" thing.  I worked in a peds office and I HATED when parents would do that.  They'd talk about the big bad doc who had to give them a shot and then wondered why their child screamed the second they came near the door. 

Even though Mj is too young to know what I'm saying I still tell him what's going to happen.  I repeat to him that it's ok, it will only hurt for a moment etc.  Then he gets a bottle after which tends to help him.  We did this at 2m and again yesterday for his 3 month shots.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagecabartosh:
    I was traumatized too.  DS turned bright red and opened his mouth to scream but nothing came out.  Broken Heart  I felt so bad I overcame my fear of nursing in public and fed him right afterward.

DS did the same thing! I almost started to cry now just reading this because I pictured his red little face! I also balled my eyes out when DS got circ' the nurse asked me if I was alright. I couldn't even answer her properly without choking and hyper ventilating.  I semi blame that one on hormones.

Happy mommy to a sweet baby boy! CafeMom Tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"