September 2011 Moms
Options

Too Upset to Sleep - Vent

So I'm still up at 1:30am because I'm really upset over a comment that my husband made last night. I was nagging him to go to the store to buy dog food since we were all out. The poor doggies were pushing their bowl around letting us know they were hungry. I told him are you going to let them starve and his answer was yes, which he didn't mean but I know he was just trying to push my buttons for nagging him. Out of anger, my next question was are you going to let our baby starve and again, he answered yes. Again, I know he didn't mean to say this but it cut me so deep that I still haven't recovered from it. 

This happened at 7:30 pm which was 5 hours ago. I don't think he's ever hurt me this much in the 12 years that we've been together. It hurts thinking about it but it plays over and over in my head. I know he would never let our baby starve or hurt the baby in any way but his comment just hurt me so bad it's even hard to breathe.  

He's been asking me why I've been crying, but I can't get myself to open up. He was just so out of line that I can't even believe that he didn't know how wrong he was.  

Re: Too Upset to Sleep - Vent

• Options
    I really don't mean to be snarky here, but you asked a sarcastic question and got a sarcastic answer. It's not very nice of him, but you know he didn't mean it, so I think you're just going to have to let it go or tell him you're upset. I'm sure the reason he "doesn't know how wrong he was" is because his comment was so ridiculous in his eyes that it didn't even register. I hope you were able to get some sleep!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I know you are upset but don't you think you put words into his mouth?  His answer was upsetting & very silly but no more upsetting & silly than your question!  I hope you were able to get some sleep & have a chat with your DH & both let this go!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It sounds like a silly comment that he didn't mean at all. I hope you got some sleep because when you wake up and think about it I'm sure you won't be upset any longer.
    ~ Josh & Jill, married 5/2/09 ~
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I think you are overreacting.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    i can see why you're upset...regardless of how he meant what he said, he still was very insensitive, and to preggo hormones, that is harsh.  It seems harsh to me to say that you are over reacting b/c the way our hormones get jacked around, it's no wonder we take things to heart.  Just tell him that what he said upset you, and while you know that he wasn't serious, it hurt that he would be so uncaring.  Everyone, but most especially our husbands should be a bit more forgiving of silly hormonal stuff when we are caring their babies.  If he can't figure out that you are upset by that (you've been crying since THAT specific conversation) you need to tell him so he can be more aware for the next time he wants to be a smart ellic.
    BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy due date
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"