Babies: 0 - 3 Months

super gassy baby - formula help?

Hi.  My lo is 2 months old and the gassiest baby I've ever seen.  I was BF and then switched to Gerber Good Start about a week ago.  This has helped a little, but not completely. 

Does anyone have a suggestion?  Should we switch formulas? If so, which one would you suggest?

I appreciate any help you can give me!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: super gassy baby - formula help?

• BF babies are crazy gassy - this is because breast milk is designed to act as a gentle laxative for babies' immature digestive system. Breast fed babies can always be identified by the explosive gas and frequent bm's.  You should try to switch back to breast milk - breast is best.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Try some gripe water as that helps with gassiness and fussiness, my doctor told me to try a week on a formula and if it is not working to switch, my boy was clearly in pain he was so gassy so we switched from Similac Regular to Nestle Goodstart, we were also told to try a sensative formula or soy based to help with gassiness but luckily the goodstart worked for us.
  • Loading the player...
  • My son is super gassy too.  We tried the Similac sensitive from the Advance formula.  No difference for us.  We just try to burp him extremely well and when the burping isn't going well, to give him some infant gas drops.  It's so much better now than it was a couple weeks ago, although he's still gassy, he's less fussy.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"