3rd Trimester
Options

Mucus Plug/Bloody Show...2nd time moms

I have a question for you...So with my DD I never had a bloody show and was induced 9 days after her due date.

This time I'm a little over 37 weeks and I am pretty sure I lost my MP yesterday...if you lost your MP...how long after did you go into labor?

I'm hoping to keep this little guy put..until the May 6th at least. I have tickets to Ellen's big Mother's Day show!! It is being taped Thursday, May 5th. 

Re: Mucus Plug/Bloody Show...2nd time moms

• Options
    I think the general rule here is "everyone's different"! I lost my MP with my DD at 35 weeks. I was induced at almost 40.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Options

i never ended up losing my mp the first time, but remember reading in many posts that there is no correlation when you lose the plug versus when labor begins.  have fun at ellen's show!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I lost my MP at 39 weeks and had my little one 2 days later, I think its different for everyone though :( 

hopefully you still get to see the show! good luck!

• Options
    I lost my MP w/ DS The Tuesday before I had him. He was born 40 weeks 1 day. ETA I didn't have a bloody show w/ him either.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    With DD I didn't lose my MP or have any bloody show whatsoever until I was in labor, 6cm dilated. I went into labor on my own. I haven't had any so far with this pregnancy either, and no sign of the MP. Who knows.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageforensicmama:
    I think the general rule here is "everyone's different"! I lost my MP with my DD at 35 weeks. I was induced at almost 40.

Thanks...I know everyone and every pregnancy is different...I'm just trying to get an idea...and some hope that I still have time!!

• Options

With #1, I lost my mucus plug 4 weeks before going into labor.

With #2, I never saw my plug.  I was bleeding during activer labor once in the hospital.  

Hopefully you still have time and get to go to the show!  Fun! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagebrand-ella:

I have a question for you...So with my DD I never had a bloody show and was induced 9 days after her due date.

This time I'm a little over 37 weeks and I am pretty sure I lost my MP yesterday...if you lost your MP...how long after did you go into labor?

I'm hoping to keep this little guy put..until the May 6th at least. I have tickets to Ellen's big Mother's Day show!! It is being taped Thursday, May 5th. 

Awesome about the Ellen show! I tried getting tickets with no luck since it was for first time Moms. How did you luck out? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Never noticed my plug with DD, I was 3cm dilated and 50% effaced more than a week before I went into labour on my own.  I had bloody show after I went into labour.
    Children should be seen, and heard, and believed. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrs_M:
    imagebrand-ella:

Awesome about the Ellen show! I tried getting tickets with no luck since it was for first time Moms. How did you luck out? 

I wrote in after they posted..I explained although I am not a first time mom...I lost my mom to cancer when I was 6 months pregnant with my first...then during my second pregnancy I lost my mother in law to cancer just this past March.

I got a call last Monday asking to be part of the audience! It should be fun if I can make it to then!!!

• Options
    I never really lost my MP with DD--I had a bloody show the morning that I went into labor.  I hope you make it to the Mother's Day show!!  How awesome!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I don't remember when I lost my MP with DD.  I just lost mine this afternoon with this pregnancy, so we wil see how long it takes.

• Options
    I went into labor that night (a Friday), but didn't deliver until Sunday morning.  I continued to lose my MP throughout labor.
    imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"