November 2011 Moms

Heartburn anyone?

I woke up at around midnight last night and couldnt seem to rid myself of the pain I felt in my chest and it felt like all the food I ate sat in my chest and at the back of my throat.  I haven'y had any morning sickness but the constant feeling of food piled up in my throat and chest is  very uncomfortable and scarey,  Is this normal? My food wont go down!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Heartburn anyone?

• Yeah heartburn is normal.  Tums are safe and I was told Zantac is safe.  I bought some zantac because actually chewing the tums made me want to puke.  I haven't used any zantac yet though.  It's there in the case the heartburn is so bad that I can't sleep.  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    philliejean
  • I dont get hearburns often but in my case it depends on what I eat.  I pigged out yesterday with a Whopper and fries and paid the price last night. :(

~Caleb~ If i could have a lifetime wish, a dream that would come true, I'd pray to God with all my heart, for yesterday and you. D&E 8/24/2012 EDD 1/28/2013 ___________________________________________________ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have chronic heartburn and was on meds for it before I go KU.  Since I can't take my meds anymore I have been taking Prilosec OTC every day and that is helping.  One thing that helps heartburn too is try sitting up - I know it sounds uncomfortable but laying down seems to worsen it, try sleeping at a little bit of angle.

• thanks guys, I tried sitting up and it was ok.  Its the laying down that makes it worse.  I'll try the Zantac.  I dont like the idea of chewing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards