3rd Trimester
Options

:(

I'm not even sure how to title this post because there is just so much that I need to say. My husband and I seem to be having a lot of problems in the last month and it just seems to get worse. My mother keeps trying to reassure me that my father got cold feet and started acting a little weird before I was born, and I appreciate her effort but I still feel completely alone. My husband isn't even staying at the house with our son and I tonight. All I can think about is how tired I am and how I just do not know why he is acting so strange lately. He is all about family and being extra involved in everything and the past month I am just get a nasty attitude and no help at all. He is the one who wanted another child and now I am confused as to whether he is just regretting wanting another child :( I am 38 weeks and 5 days pregnant and I just really hope I do not go into labor tonight alone. I do not know what to think.

Re: :(

• Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. Have you spoken to him about what might be bothering him?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm sorry.  ::hugs::  I think boys can just be dummies sometimes.  My DH expresses stress about things in strange ways and I have had to learn how to respond to him.  Often I find that, even though I really need him to be super supportive of me or my needs, if I just say something really encouraging/positive to him, or commend him about something (not baby related) it is reassuring to him.  Have you tried this?  I know it is super hard when you are stressing and in such a vulnerable position, but sometimes all it takes is your positive words -- he might be feeling strange/etc... 

I'm sure he will be there if you do go into labor.  Try your best to relax and have confidence that when it comes down to it he will be there.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Why isn't he staying at your house -- did he walk out?? Has he done that before?

And I hate saying it, but you should trust your instincts -- if you think something's wrong, something's wrong.

And if you try to talk to him about it, and he shuts down and gets nasty, something's definitely wrong.

On a tangent, are you still having sex with your husband?

• Options
    imagetikitomban:

Why isn't he staying at your house -- did he walk out?? Has he done that before?

And I hate saying it, but you should trust your instincts -- if you think something's wrong, something's wrong.

And if you try to talk to him about it, and he shuts down and gets nasty, something's definitely wrong.

IMO I don't think that if they aren't having sex that necessarily means anything. If she' wasn't pregnant and they normally had sex all the time than that point would be more valid than it is right now. Some men/women feel uncomfortable having sex while pregnant. MH for instance is so terrified of putting me into labor that after about 6 months he cuts off sex. He did it with our DD and he did it with this LO, and he doesn't act distant and just leave us home alone. OP, have you talked to your DH about the way he's acting?

• Options
    sorry :(  hope it gets better soon...
  • Options
    imageMissMommyMac:
    imagetikitomban:

IMO I don't think that if they aren't having sex that necessarily means anything. If she' wasn't pregnant and they normally had sex all the time than that point would be more valid than it is right now. Some men/women feel uncomfortable having sex while pregnant. MH for instance is so terrified of putting me into labor that after about 6 months he cuts off sex. He did it with our DD and he did it with this LO, and he doesn't act distant and just leave us home alone. OP, have you talked to your DH about the way he's acting?

OK, valid point. A better question would have been if he's all of a sudden withdrawn, inattentive, irritable, and unwilling to discuss the problem.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"