2nd Trimester

Pregnancy Acne?

I am so happy to be pregnant, but I miss my clear skin from my birth control!!! All the hormone changes etc has made me break out like crazy...I use Neutrogenia every day but it doesnt help. Any suggestions?

Re: Pregnancy Acne?

• I like Purpose. It's cheap, derm recommended and it works pretty well on my skin. I will never have the best complexion (grrrr...), but this works the best for me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Go Phils!!
  • I had acne problems before pregnancy, so I went to the dermatologist and got a prescription for 5% Bensoyl Peroxide gel. it works great for me and my OB approved of me using it.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a similar post a few months ago.  Someone recommended cetaphil.  Its cheap and I love it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I find that no matter what I do, if I drink even a sip of soda, my face goes crazy! And I only break out on my chin. Huh?

This might be a weird question, but is everyone else breaking out all over their face, or just in one location.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Me too!  I drink a ton of water and wash my face twice and sometimes 3x's a day!  I might try some of the suggestions some of the other ladies made.  THE WORST!
  • I had some acne issues on my face during first tri.  That has cleared up, but I also have pregnancy backne.  So much grosser, IMO.  It is starting to clear up.  I can't get rid of that little pregnancy symptom fast enough.  The Cetaphil seems to be helping.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have the same breakout problem. Someone earlier posted about Purpose, which is good and gentle for washing off makeup but it never solved my pimple problem. I used a lot of Neutrogena products over the past couple years to no avail. Now that I'm pregnant I still continue to get the occasional little pimples but this time I always get a giant zit on my cheek about once a month. It's the type of zit that does not go away, I leave them alone for about 2 weeks and only then do I decide its time to pop that sucker.

Recently I stumbled across products safe and natural for pregnant women called Belli. You can go to the Belli website or order it a lil cheaper on Skinstore.com. In addition to using the Belli Acne Wash morning and night, I use this product called C for Yourself by Nature's Gate. It's a vitamin C/texturizing formula that shrinks your pores (and has less chemicals compared to most pore products). I use the C for Yourself serum every night before bed and my pores have shrank significantly, which means less breakouts! It also helps to even out your skin tone.

Keep in mind it also helps to wash your face as soon as you can (ie right when you get home after work instead of waiting til bedtime). Being pregnant, you're still going to break out simply because of horomones. Face washes and cleansers can't fight horomones but if you find good products that work for your skin and are safe for baby it makes it a little easier. Good luck!!

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageLatesha0911:

I find that no matter what I do, if I drink even a sip of soda, my face goes crazy! And I only break out on my chin. Huh?

This might be a weird question, but is everyone else breaking out all over their face, or just in one location.

I just started breaking out about a week or two ago and it is also on my chin and actually one on my neck (yuck).  I hate it... it is driving me crazy.  Maybe I should try eating less sugar thoughEmbarrassed

Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
  • Go to your Local Lancome Counter and purchase the Pure Focus Cleanser, Toner, Gel Exfoliator, and The White Clay Mask.

The Cleanser, toner, and Exofliator use twice a day morning and night.

White Clay mask use three times a week like Mon,Wed,Friday.

if your have body breakouts they have a body wash and scrub that works great.

if your having breakouts in your head use Paul Mitchell Tea tree Shampoo and conditioner.

i never had Problems With Breakouts till i was Pregnant all of these work great.

• Me too.  Ug.  I woke up today with FIVE new little pimples in the area between my eyes/nose/forehead.  Perfect.  I'm using a benzoyl peroxide face wash, and exfoliating every other day, and that is helping a little but the acne is still bad.  I'm also getting it on my chest and back.  The worst is, my skin is really fair and any marks I get last for EVER.  I still have marks from pimples I had over a month ago.  It makes me feel so gross.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageoctober12th:
    I am so happy to be pregnant, but I miss my clear skin from my birth control!!! All the hormone changes etc has made me break out like crazy...I use Neutrogenia every day but it doesnt help. Any suggestions?

I also use Purpose, but I am breaking out all over my back and neck too!

Be careful with Neutrogenia products b/c most of them contain Salicylic Acid, which is in the same family as aspirin.  Check with your doctor if you should use it or not.  You definitely not use any product that stays on your skin with SA in it!  I am going to ask tomorrow about using a SA body wash a few times a week to help control the body acne.  

• I agree with the vitamin c serums. I use one from Philosophy and it helps heal and shrink everything faster.
  • imagerainlily:
    I had some acne issues on my face during first tri.  That has cleared up, but I also have pregnancy backne.  So much grosser, IMO.  It is starting to clear up.  I can't get rid of that little pregnancy symptom fast enough.  The Cetaphil seems to be helping.

This! My face finally cleared up but the bacne is really terrible. I plan on asking my dr about it on Thursday at my follow up appt. I've been using Cetaphil on my back for almost two months and it's not helping a ton there, although it helped my face a LOT. I saw one PP mention they wash their face 3xs a day. I wouldn't recommend that though because overactivity can also make your acne worse. Best of luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have always had sensitive skin, and am especially more prone to breaking out when pregnant- I love the California Baby products and I recommend them all the time!  I started using my son's calming head-to-toe wash as face soap as soon as I found out I was pregnant again, simply because there's nothing harmful in it.  To be completely honest, I'm amazed at how well it works and nothing I've used before has ever worked better.  It doesn't dry your skin out at all like a lot of acne products and seems to help heal pimples really, really quickly.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I use Soy cleanser by Fresh (at Sephora) and a 5% glycolic acid at night. I am very surprised, bc I get one now and then, but it is so much better than pp. I don't know if I can attribute it to the above products, but they def don't hurt. Also, the cleanser makes my face feel so amazing. Never liked one so much. GL!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageLatesha0911:

I find that no matter what I do, if I drink even a sip of soda, my face goes crazy! And I only break out on my chin. Huh?

The left side of my face only. I've always had pretty clear skin and then wham! It starts at the top and there are like 2 on my forehead, 2 on my cheek, 2 on my jawline, 2 on my neck. Definitely strange.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"