1st Trimester

Just got my BFP!!!

Hey, I'm new to the pregnancy board. I may be jumping the gun here but I just took some tests and they came back positive and so that would put me at about 4 weeks. My mind is reeling!! What do I do first? What should I expect? Any advice will help! I"m reading away right now on The Bump. Thanks ladies!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

imageimageimage

Re: Just got my BFP!!!

• Congratulations!!  Do you have a regular obstetrician/gynecologist you see yearly that you like?  That would be the first step ... to call their office and let them know about your positive test and find out when they want to see you.  Start taking a Prenatal vitamin if you can and eliminate alcohol, smoking, excessive caffeine and start drinking lots of water.  Congrats again!!! So excited for you!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Gone but never forgotten, our three angel babies Jude, Mary and Gerard
  • Congrats! The first thing I did was get a pregnancy book on Amazon, figure out how my nutritional requirements would change, and made an appt. with my ob the following morning... I also increased my water intake because the doctors office said to increase my water intake because dehydration can cause extra cramping. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Thank you! I have a really great friend who just had a baby in October and she's told me the same things you all have. I'm very excited. The one thing that will have to drastically change is my caffeine intake. I'm not a drinker or a smoker and I do pretty well on drinking water. I may have to have a bottle with me at all times. I do have an OBGYN that I like so I'll definitely give him a call this week and see what the next step is! Thank you so much! 

imageimageimage
  • Congrats and welcome, my suggestion. Relax and keep on reading. If this is your first I suggest you get the What to expect books they really helped me with my first pregnancy.

• Thank you and Im definitely doing that. I've been on here for about 3 hours and my friend is hooking me up with books and all the advice she can give. I'm curious to see how much my body starts to change. I'm such a nerd. I love this stuff. 

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards