2nd Trimester

Do you have a baby shower for the 2nd child?

13»

Re: Do you have a baby shower for the 2nd child?

• No. I personally think it's tacky regardless of the situation. If people want to buy you gifts for the baby, then okay. But to have an actual shower where they're expected is just...trashy.
  • Yes! I had my daughter Feb 2009 and am due with my son the end of THIS MONTH, I myself had two baby showers and my family were the main people telling me I couldnt have a second shower even before I got pregnant a second time. They were also the ones that threw me my second baby shower too so I believe that they only told me these things because a second child wasnt supposed to come into the picture until further down the road...Wink But hey if your family doesnt offer much help this time around,  then what about the babys dads family? I really dont think of having two showers as being selfish and if friends and family WANT to bring gifts then I dont see what the problem is. More than likely if you do have a 2nd shower people will show up with gifts anyways maybe not as much as you expected, but at least you get something out of preparing as much food and snacks and entertainment as you will lol. Good luck with your decision

• Loading the player...
  • Yes, I agree that everyone was extremely rude to you.  You were simply asking a valid question. HELLO?!?!  I know of plenty of women who have had showers after their 1st and women who didn't.  The showers can be simple parties to celebrate the new life.  Not just a way to get free gifts as some odd ball lady said on here somewhere. I think if you have family and friends who want to give that to you then that is awesome and something to be happy and excited about.  Good luck!
  • I had a shower thrown for me for every one of my kids. It's the norm among my circle of friends and family. I did try to decline a shower with this baby but no one would hear of it. I'm actually really glad because it turned out to be such a nice day. I will say that I would never expect it or be upset if no one did anything. We're plenty capable of buying what we need. In my opinion, if someone offers it you can accept but if not there's really nothing you can or should do.
  • I would say no but I do understand wanting to hang out with friends and family to celebrate a new baby. so in that case I would recommend a "sip and see" or meet and greet where you have food and beverages and play a few games you can put on the invitation "your presence is your gift". This way you can still have fun and celebrate, these are usually done after the baby is born.
  • Asking someone to throw you a shower is tacky as hell. If someone offers to throw one and really wants to, so be it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    •  Add a little something special to your Baby Shower.... Tiny Miracles Imaging, located in South Jersey ,now provides 3D/4D keepsake ultrasounds at Baby Showers. Imagine the surprise on your guests faces when they see your child at the baby shower. for more info www.tinymiralecsimaging.com
    •  Tiny Miracles Imaging, located in South Jersey ,now provides 3D/4D keepsake ultrasounds at Baby Showers or in our Turnersville location      . Imagine the surprise on your guests faces when they see your child at the baby shower. for more info www.tinymiralecsimaging.com
    This discussion has been closed.
    Choose Another Board
    Search Boards
    "
    "