1st Trimester
Options

Stomach Pain that woke me up

Last night I was literally awoken by severe stomach cramps. I was convinced that I would wake up & see blood. The pain was a cross between cramping & a stomach ache. When I woke up there was no blood or anything & the pain has since gone away. I got my #'s today from the dr for HCG and progesterone & the HCG was 18,000 so I feel happy about that. I am about 5.5 weeks. Has anyone else felt this type of pain?

Re: Stomach Pain that woke me up

• Options
    Usually if I get this it is followed by a bout of diarrhea. Sorry I know it's so scary. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageAugustbride:
    Usually if I get this it is followed by a bout of diarrhea. Sorry I know it's so scary. 

Same for me

Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I posted a post about abdominal sensations. I had the same thing last night and then a weird sensation in my low abdomen, roufhly my bikini line. Nobody here responded but after talking to several people including my chiropractor who recently has had 2 kids it sounds like round ligament pain. Some women get it early on others not til later. It's normal as the ligaments are stretching out. They can be very sudden & sharp pains and last a little bit or it can be a dull stomach ache sensation thats constant. It varies with everyone. If you're really concerned call your dr.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I had the same sort of pain during my first pregnancy but I was bit further along then you.  The pain I had was VERY strong and woke me up in the middle of the night, it lasted a couple hours but then I never had it in a prolonged manner again (just little pains when changing position or something).  My doctor said it was round ligament pain and resulted from thing streching out; she said not to worry about it unless it came with bleeding.  Hope that helps.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had the same thing last night!  It wasn't so much my stomach, but it felt like really bad cramps, but not exactly the same as menstrual cramps.  I've been having lots of little cramps and twinges off and on, but the ones last night were really bad and woke me up!  I haven't had any spotting or bleeding, so I guess my ligaments were just doing some major stretching last night!
  • Options

Have you pooped recently? I know I have been woken up by constipation pains. I don't think most ladies pay nearly enough attention to this, and pregnancy can make that problem oh so much worse.

I say this because your colon is right in the middle of all your lady parts- so when you get backed up, it can feel just as if someone is kicking you in the ovary.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"