Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Ovulate twice a month?

Hello Ladies,

Sometimes I ovulate twice a month.  Sometimes I don't.  Other times I feel like I'm on my period: the cramps, the aches & pains, the moodiness - but no menstruating. When this happens, I call it my "fake period" that will happen in addition to my real monthly period.

Anyway, my husband and I are going to start TTC.  Which brings me to my questions ;  Anyone else have these types of issues?  Does it increase my chances of twins -  I am a fraternal twin myself.

Might be a stupid question, but I am curious to see if others had similar experiences.   THanks for any responses :) 

Re: Ovulate twice a month?

• Options

Do you chart? How do you know you ovulate twice? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

How do you know you ovulate twice in a month? If you are usking OPK's they can show ovulation even when there isn't any.

The only way to tell is by temping, and it's only possible to ovulate once in a month. Sometimes you will release two eggs, but you don't actually ovulate twice.

I suggest reading the newbie link and signing up for fertility friend through one of our tickers. It will teach you a lot about your body.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I ovulated twice last month. The babies met in the middle and held hands and descended into my uterus together. One was a boy and one was a girl because I had purple glitter in my panties.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Options

You can ovulate twice a month if you have a diet heavy in eggs and/or it is close to Easter.

BFP 3/17/10 Missed M/C Confirmed 4/12/10

MIF+Unexplained DX Feb 2012: Femara+Trigger+IUI=BFP AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageMrsT0522:

Do you chart? How do you know you ovulate twice? 

I had the same thought...do you mean you release 2 ovum at once (chance for twins) or actually ovulate twice a month?

I'm not sure I follow how that is possible... wouldn't your body be producing too much progesterone during your LP once you O to possibly have another follicule to continue to mature and O?

TTC #1 since January 2011
    CD3 & 7DPO B/W Normal except TSH - Low
    Dx Autoimmune Thyroid Disease - 8/2011
  • Options

imagebrookelynpaisley:
    I ovulated twice last month. The babies met in the middle and held hands and descended into my uterus together. One was a boy and one was a girl because I had purple glitter in my panties.

Oh my gosh, I laughed out loud. You're my hero.

• Options

imagebrookelynpaisley:

Love. you. and. this.

• Options

imagebrookelynpaisley:

BAHAHA!

• Options

imagebrookelynpaisley:

::dead:: 

Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12
  • Options

imagebrookelynpaisley:

I needed this tonight - totally cracked me up, haha!

• Options

imagebrookelynpaisley:

hahahahaha

BFP # 2 9/25/14
    Official Due Date 5/29/15 & HB 143 on 10/13; 11/25 Harmony Results perfect & it's a Girl!

Pregnancy Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickersimage

Off BCP 5/2009
    TTC since July 2010
    DH's SA = Normal!
    Hysteroscopy 2/2011
    50mg Clomid / Progesterone 77.5 April 2011 = BFN
    25mg Clomid / Progesterone 53 May 2011= BFN
    25mg Clomid / Progesterone 44.3 June 2011= BFN
    5mg Femara / Progesterone 15.7 July 2011= BFN
    5mg Femara / Progesterone 14 August 2011= BFN
    5mg Femara + Crinone / Progesterone 32 September 2011=BFN
    5mg Femara + Crinone / Progesterone 14.9 October 2011=BFN
    First RE Appointment 11/2011
    Hysteroscopy 11/2011 & on Med break
    12/2011 Diagnosed with PCOS (Insulin Resistant)
    12/2011 Adding 1000 MG Metformin per day
    12/14/11 BFP
    Beta #1 664 Beta #2 3330 Beta #3 6160 Beta #4 19546
    Official Due Date 8/18/12 & HB 147 on 1/3; HB 171on  1/19
    Pre-term labor @ 29W bed-rest till Emergency C-Section

IT'S A GIRL

• Options

imagebrookelynpaisley:

yes, the purple glitter works like a charm ; ) 

BabyFruit Ticker
    imagephoto ry400_zpsf92defef.jpeg="YOUR URL HERE" width="180px">
  • Options

imagebrookelynpaisley:

haha this cracked me up, is this how twins are conceived? One on each of your ovaries??  

Photobucket BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options

imagebrookelynpaisley:

HAHAHA! Yes! Yes 

• Options
    imageMilliways:

You can ovulate twice a month if you have a diet heavy in eggs and/or it is close to Easter.

Yes

• Options
    imageMilliways:

Bahahaha! Yes

TTGP March siggy challenge - a famous woman who inspires me.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Married Oct. 2008
    E - Born December 22, 2011
    TTC #2
  • Options

imagebrookelynpaisley:

Yes

• Options
    imagemystery1137:
    imageMilliways:

Yes

YesYesYes

photo d09ff0b8-8137-4e1c-ae47-58c3ef11d6b5_zpsdf895214.jpg
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imagebrookelynpaisley:

Almost shot white wine out my nose when I read this. Love! 

*** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • Options
    imageBlueEyedDreamer:

imagebrookelynpaisley:

Almost shot white wine out my nose when I read this. Love! 

I had to pour another glass of wine to get through this thread, haha!

• Options
    imagekeyourtnee:
    imagemystery1137:
    imageMilliways:

Yes

YesYesYes

win 

• Options

imagebrookelynpaisley:

• Options

I really hope your name is Georgia...and that you are not from Georgia.

Us GA girls don't need people like you making us seem dumb. kthanxbai

Married: 10/17/09
    TTC since 10/09
    DH's SA-Normal
    HSG-All clear!!
    BFP 5-19-11...Beta#1-13 Beta#2- 9 (m/c 05/23/11 @4w4d)
    Nov '11-Round one of 50mg Clomid=BFP!!!12-8-11
    Beta#1 12.13.11-160! Beta #2 12.21.11- 5100!!!
    Hunter Austin-Born August 12, 2012 7lb 12oz 20in long Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Congrats to my BFPB mrsbaker1128! Gavin Thomas and Landon David arrived on 6/27/11!!
    **Good luck to all of my loves as well!**
  • Options
    imageleathersmel4:

I hear ya'...

• Options

imagebrookelynpaisley:

Bwahahahhaa!  

• Options
    imageleathersmel4:

Yes 

• Options

imagebrookelynpaisley:

OMG!!! LOL!! I almost peed my pants!!

• Options

HAHA If only glitter was involved!! 

Holy crap.  I go downstairs for an hour and come back to this craziness!  I re-read my post to see what all the fuss was about.  I used the wrong word... so in correction...

i sometimes MENSTRUATE twice a month, not ovulate.  my cycle is kinda screwed up like that. but nevermind, i'll leave my questions to the dr.'s.

didn't mean to upset you all.   

• Options

imagebrookelynpaisley:

This totally made my night.  

• Options
    imageleathersmel4:

wow 

• Options
    imageGeorgiaPoppy:

Holy crap.  I go downstairs for an hour and come back to this craziness!  I re-read my post to see what all the fuss was about.  I used the wrong word... so in correction...

i sometimes MENSTRUATE twice a month, not ovulate.  my cycle is kinda screwed up like that. but nevermind, i'll leave my questions to the dr.'s.

Hi, I'm so sorry you had to come back to this! I just had a rough encounter myself. Hopefully you're not quite as embarrassed as I was. Have a nice evening. :-)

image This is my mom's dog, but he was our dog for seven years before I moved out. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Ladies you are both new so let me remind you of a few things that will make your stay here more enjoyable:

1) LURK-  It will help you learn the personalities of the ladies here.  We all have friends who others consider to be a$$holes but we love them for their quirky ways.  Same thing applies to message boards.

2) Read the newbie link at the top of the page.  It will help. 

3) When in doubt about if your question might get you flamed (as yours kind of have- and this is mild) hold off till a Flame Free Newbie Play Date thread is posted. 

And it helps to take things with a grain of salt like a lot of us newbies do.

ETA: wording

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    You do realize that in real life and on message boards we can't read minds to know what you meant, right? So you are getting butt hurt because you made a mistake. How does that make sense?
    BFP 3/17/10 Missed M/C Confirmed 4/12/10

MIF+Unexplained DX Feb 2012: Femara+Trigger+IUI=BFP AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Relax, i'm not weeping over here.   I was surprised by the quantity of responses,  re-read my post,  recognized it sounded stupid, and corrected myself.  The glitter comment was great,  the chick from Georgia was mean.  Thats all, moving on.  
  • Options
    imageSaydeJade:
    imageGeorgiaPoppy:

Hi, I'm so sorry you had to come back to this! I just had a rough encounter myself. Hopefully you're not quite as embarrassed as I was. Have a nice evening. :-)

Thank you :) you too 

• Options

imagebrookelynpaisley:

LMAO!  Oh the imagery! 

After almost 3 years of IF and a crazy roadside delivery, we are loving life with our second beautiful daughter! Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I dont think its possible to ovulate more than once a month. I just started reading Taking Charge of your Fertility and I totally recommend it. i just actually read about this. Good Luck!
  • Options

imageEngaged 74:
    I dont think its possible to ovulate more than once a month. I just started reading Taking Charge of your Fertility and I totally recommend it. i just actually read about this. Good Luck!

Bless your heart.

OP, stick around. I am impressed you didn't gbcb.

2 girls and a dog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"