Baby Names

Help naming DS#2

Our first DS is Alexander Grant Walker and he goes by Alex.  I like names that people will know how to spell when the hear it and know if it is a boy / girl when they see it.  I dont want a top ten name again (there are several Alex's in our moms group and it is confusing). 

We really like Davis for a middle name after my father (David) but are stuck coming up with a first name.  We have thrown around Lincoln for a while but I am not totally sold.  

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Re: Help naming DS#2

• I like Davison Lincoln - personally ....NN Davis
    - 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • With a DS with a middle name Grant, I would stay away from any more presidential names for subsequent children. I love using Davis as a middle name, and feel it's up to par with DS #1's middle name. Now for a first name.

How about a name like Nathaniel or Asher? Or another Greek name like Theodore or Nicholas? Is Thomas too boring? How about Patrick? Hudson Davis came to mind, I think it makes a nice combination.

"No stinkin' cast is gonna slow ME down!"
  • image feffy11:

With a DS with a middle name Grant, I would stay away from any more presidential names for subsequent children. I love using Davis as a middle name, and feel it's up to par with DS #1's middle name. Now for a first name.

How about a name like Nathaniel or Asher? Or another Greek name like Theodore or Nicholas? Is Thomas too boring? How about Patrick? Hudson Davis came to mind, I think it makes a nice combination.

I get what you're saying, but there are a lot of presidential names in your suggestions...

OP- I really like your first son's name. I'm not crazy about the Lincoln, but if you like it, use it. Is there something about Lincoln Davis that you don't like? I think it flows ok, though nms.  

• image feffy11:

With a DS with a middle name Grant, I would stay away from any more presidential names for subsequent children. I love using Davis as a middle name, and feel it's up to par with DS #1's middle name. Now for a first name.

DH is Andrew Nicholas so those are out.  I like Thomas but had a long relationship with a Thomas before DH and have a difficult association with that name. I love Theodore but DH nixed that one because of the chipmunk Huh?

Everyone (and I know their opinions really dont matter) keeps saying that we need another "presidential" or strong name for DS#2. 

• I think Davis as a first name is great.  Alex and Davis has a nice flow to it:)  Lincoln is nms.
    DS- 11/08,  DD1 - 05/10,  DD2 - 11/11

BabyFetus Ticker

• I just really dont like Lincoln as a first name and right now it is the only thing that DH will suggest.  It is driving me crazy!  

• I personally love the name Lincoln.

What about: Nicholas, Michael, Christopher. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • James Davis

Benjamin Davis

Everett Davis

Gabriel Davis

Jonathan Davis

Samuel Davis

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I like boring boy's names: Jason, Michael, James

If you are music fans you can always name him Miles :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • I like Lincoln Davis a lot! Good luck!

ETA: I just saw your post about not being crazy about Lincoln. What about...

Joel Davis

Wyatt Davis

Nolan Davis

Marshall Davis

Tyler Davis

Mitchell Davis

Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• I put Davis, Lincoln, Walker, Grant and Alexander in Nymbler and this is what it spit out:

Wilson              Mitchell                        Forrest

Ross                Preston                         Vaughan

Jack                Noah                              Benjamin

William              Nelson                         Henry

Oliver                  Bennett                        James

I personally like Lincoln - but of the list above, I love Oliver Davis, Vaughan Davis and Benjamin Davis.

Alex and Oliver - or Alex and Ben sound great!

• How about:

Bennett Davis....love Alex and Ben together.

Also:

Nathaniel Davis

Nolan Davis

Elliott Davis

Evan Davis

Garrett Davis--oh, I like that one!

Carson Davis--although I would stay away from the last name as a first name thing b/c of the middle name--I would want a more traditional boys name.

• image Nic&Susie:
    image feffy11:

DH is Andrew Nicholas so those are out.  I like Thomas but had a long relationship with a Thomas before DH and have a difficult association with that name. I love Theodore but DH nixed that one because of the chipmunk Huh?

Everyone (and I know their opinions really dont matter) keeps saying that we need another "presidential" or strong name for DS#2. 

I agree that a strong name to match DS #1 is best, however, Lincoln and Grant are both Civil War era... it's getting a bit too Civil War themed for me with that combo, especially with Davis (Jefferson Davis) thrown in there representing the South.

What about a traditional, strong names like William, Graham, Edward, Charles, Richard, Paul, Benjamin (may be too popular), Joseph, Jonathan, Nicholas, Clark, Cole, Sebastian, Seth, Adam... (sorry if these seem random, I am literally just thinking of "commanding" men I know, ha!).

• Douglas, Andrew (Drew), Gregory, Richard
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image anotheramy:
    image feffy11:

I get what you're saying, but there are a lot of presidential names in your suggestions...

OP- I really like your first son's name. I'm not crazy about the Lincoln, but if you like it, use it. Is there something about Lincoln Davis that you don't like? I think it flows ok, though nms.  

I just figured surnames were more obviously "themey."  Although if it were DS2's first name, it would be less so.

image Nic&Susie:
    image feffy11:

Pick a name you love. I know there's the perfect name out there. Smile

Are you still taking suggestions? How about: Benjamin, Charles, George, Henry, James, Samuel? Lawrence? (I really like David Lawrence by the way) Bennett, Colin, Calvin? Clark, Cole, Jude, Joel, Owen? Sorry if any of those were already suggested..

"No stinkin' cast is gonna slow ME down!"
  • image 2moms2twins:
    I like Davison Lincoln - personally ....NN Davis

this

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I prefer Davidson over Davis. 

Nic(h)olas Davidson?   You'd be honoring your husband and father. 

Nathaniel Davidson 

Benjamin Davidson 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • I've been reading through the suggestions.... I really like the way Oliver Davis or Benjamin Davis sound....they flow nicely
  • Thank you all for your help so far!!!   I really like a lot of them ... now to get DH on board.  Bennett is a favorite and I also really like Garrett along with some others. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards