1st Trimester
Options

B6 and Unisom for morning sickness

Is anyone using B6 and Unisom for morning sickness? I'm desparate and have read that it works and is safe. Just curious if anyone else has tried it.

I read online to take anywhere between 25mg and 50 mg of B6, and of course our Walgreens only carries 100 mg so I'm thinking of just splitting the pills. If you use B6, how much and how often?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: B6 and Unisom for morning sickness

• Options
    even zofran only works so much.....B6 and unisom is THE BEST!!!!...I take 100 mg b6 and a 1/2 unisom EVERYDAY....it started to work in days!!!! I never knew about it with my 1st and was sick the entire 9 months...this time only here and there....Try it!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have heard of the B6 working.  I am sticking to Cinnamon gum... that seems to be the one thing that keeps my stomach feeling calm. 

~Caleb~ If i could have a lifetime wish, a dream that would come true, I'd pray to God with all my heart, for yesterday and you. D&E 8/24/2012 EDD 1/28/2013 ___________________________________________________ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Last time around I took half a Unisom and 50 mg of B6 every night before bed. It was a lifesaver. I haven't needed it yet but I'm ready if I do!
  • Options
    I take 25 mg of B6 and 1/2 unisom every night.  I also have an rx for zofran that I take sometimes during the day.  I found B6 in 50 mg at cvs and I cut them in half....and yes it does work!!!
  • Options
    In Canada, we commonly use a prescription drug called Diclectin.  Google it - it's just Unisom and B6 in prescription form.  I'm sure you can find the dose per pill.  It's generally prescribed one pill four times a day. 

James Alistair - October 2, 2011

• Options

I am doing 50 mg of B6 and 1/2 a tablet of Unisom at bedtime. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

50mg B6 2X a day and 1/2 unisom at night.

It helps, but there are some days when NOTHING works Sad

• Options
    I just started taking 50mg of B6 and 1/2 tab (12.5mg) of unisom sleeptab. I can't believe how good it works! I have noticed that I have loose stools in the a.m. since starting it (sorry, tmi!!). I'm also not crazy about the sleeping pill "grogginess" but its definitely better than morning sickness all day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thank you so much everyone! I feel like I suffered needlessly with my first pregnancy and am really hopeful this will help this time around!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"