Pregnant after a Loss
Options

How long does cookie dough last in the fridge?

We made cookie dough a week ago (either last Saturday or last Sunday..can't remember which one). We didn't have time to bake the cookies at the time, so I stuck the dough in a ziplock and threw it in the fridge.  Now the girls are asking if we can make the cookies and I'm not sure if that's such a good idea.  I know that cookie dough lasts quite some time in the freezer, but not so sure about the fridge.
Forever missing Baby Z #3 ~ Natural m/c 4.12.2010 at 11w2d
*So proud and so lucky to be the mommy of two beautiful little girls
and one handsome little man*
RJ~5.17.2005~born @ 37w due to IUGR~4lbs 15ozs
Al~4.5.2008~born big and healthy @ 38w~7lbs 9.5ozs
Lil man~5.20.2011~born big and healthy @ 39w (after one he!! of a pregnancy)~8lbs 1oz
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: How long does cookie dough last in the fridge?

• Options
    I just read that it will last well in the fridge for about 3 days.  I would probably toss it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would say 2 days. Next time toss it in the freezer.
    image Nicholas loved for 28 weeks, 4/11/10
    Baby Boy loved for 15 weeks, 5/31/11
    Baby Girl loved for 16.5 weeks. 3/1/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Given that cookie dough has never made it longer than five minutes in my fridge, I do not know the answer to this one.
  • Options

The store bought kind (yes, I am lazy as heck) lasts a good long while. I've kept it in the fridge for probably a month.

I would say that if you're going to cook it up, it will more than kill any bacteria that grew in the last week. Just don't let the girls eat it raw.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options
    The only things that would expire would be the eggs and butter in it, right? I would think they would last a week, but I don't know how raw eggs out of the shell work. I agree that cooking it would kill any germs, but they might not taste that awesome.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Homemade cookie dough...probably about 3 days. 

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Options
    I would toss it. Better to be safe than being sick. Sad I learned my lesson when I thought the milk was still good and went against my better judgment lol.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
    BFP #1 - 04/09/10 -- m/c - 07/02/10 @ 20weeks and 3 days. D&C 07/02/2010 - EDD 11/16/10
    BFP #2 12/17/10 please stick turtle. EDD 8/29/11 - Emergency C-Section 7-2-11. Andrew's journey
    Congratulations to my TTCAL buddy Carolee on her BFP! Stick, baby!
    Congratulations to elbandas09, cherylanddoug, tctibbe(MsPegees) and alliejoe for their take home babies!
  • Options

imageitsmegin:
    The only things that would expire would be the eggs and butter in it, right? I would think they would last a week, but I don't know how raw eggs out of the shell work. I agree that cooking it would kill any germs, but they might not taste that awesome.

the raw eggs in the batter was actually one of the reasons they gave that it wouldn't last long. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"