Stay at Home Moms

I don't know what a bon-bon is.

I really, truthfully don't.  Are they good??  I picture a box of chocolates.  Am I close?  If not, can I trade the bon-bons for a box of chocolates? 

And a cute story for you:

Wednesday afternoon we were at Wal-mart and an employee was dressed up and handing out cupcakes and balloons in honor of  "Tangled" being released.  So DS#1 got a cupcake and a balloon, and as luck would have it - it floated off the minute we walked outside.  We were again at Wal-Mart tonight (it was dark) and DS#1 looks up in the sky and off in the distance of where the balloon floated.  He says to me, "There's my balloon!  It floated up there!" and points to a star!  haha, sooo cute.  Then he told me he could clime up so high and get it.  I told him that his balloon was very pretty and now we could share it and everyone could see it :-)  He said ok.  Totally melted my heart!

Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder

Re: I don't know what a bon-bon is.

• Cute story!  I hope you have a journal to write it in.

FYI: https://www.southnfrance.com/What_Is_A_Bon_Bon 

I mean, you're a SAHM, it is imperative that you have this info.

Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • we need to find an easy make at home recipe and we need to all agree upon a day in the very close future and we all need to make bon-bons and PIP our pictures. Now THAT is a good challenge!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageJ&A2008:

Cute story!  I hope you have a journal to write it in.

FYI: https://www.southnfrance.com/What_Is_A_Bon_Bon 

I mean, you're a SAHM, it is imperative that you have this info.

Wow!  Someone actually wrote something up describing a bon-bon! lol That is awesome.  I feel so informed, hehe.

Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • imageStacyc625:
    we need to find an easy make at home recipe and we need to all agree upon a day in the very close future and we all need to make bon-bons and PIP our pictures. Now THAT is a good challenge!

I like it!

• that website was awesome!
  • imageStacyc625:
    we need to find an easy make at home recipe and we need to all agree upon a day in the very close future and we all need to make bon-bons and PIP our pictures. Now THAT is a good challenge!

That would be hysterical.

If our conference ever gets off the ground, we definitely need to serve bon bons at some point. :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Interesting.  I never had a bon-bon (Shhhh... I don't want to lose my SAHM card) but I thought I knew what they were.  In my mind they were chocolate covered bits of ice cream.  Frankly, I'm dissapointed... my version sounds much better. 
  • imageJerseygirl16:
    Interesting.  I never had a bon-bon (Shhhh... I don't want to lose my SAHM card) but I thought I knew what they were.  In my mind they were chocolate covered bits of ice cream.  Frankly, I'm dissapointed... my version sounds much better. 

choc covered icecream definitely fits the definition of bon-bon. read the end of the website.

• I grew up eating Bon Bons and they were actually a mass marketed ice cream treat that my mom bought at the grocery store.  I tried to google them but I guess they aren't sold anymore.  They were just chocolate covered vanilla ice cream balls.  Yum! Did anyone else eat these as a kid?  I'm thinking circa 1987 or so.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageStacyc625:

imageJerseygirl16:
    Interesting.  I never had a bon-bon (Shhhh... I don't want to lose my SAHM card) but I thought I knew what they were.  In my mind they were chocolate covered bits of ice cream.  Frankly, I'm dissapointed... my version sounds much better. 

choc covered icecream definitely fits the definition of bon-bon. read the end of the website.

I didn't read far enough!  I'd definitely go for the ice cream variety!  And funny they show Peggy Bundy because she is who I picture when I picture someone eating Bon Bons (other than myself, of course). 

• imagemrsfirefly:
    I grew up eating Bon Bons and they were actually a mass marketed ice cream treat that my mom bought at the grocery store.  I tried to google them but I guess they aren't sold anymore.  They were just chocolate covered vanilla ice cream balls.  Yum! Did anyone else eat these as a kid?  I'm thinking circa 1987 or so.

I think they have a mini version now.... Dibs.  I've had them and they are not bad!  So maybe I have had a bon bon after all.  I'll need to keep a stash in my freezer from here on out.

• That website was awesome. I too thought of a bon bon as chocolate covered ice cream balls....now I know what they really are.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imageStacyc625:

TOTALLY!  And FINALLY have a day were all we do is sit around and do nothing but eat bon-bons.  (since that's all SAHM's do anyhow)  ;)

• imagemrsfirefly:
    I grew up eating Bon Bons and they were actually a mass marketed ice cream treat that my mom bought at the grocery store.  I tried to google them but I guess they aren't sold anymore.  They were just chocolate covered vanilla ice cream balls.  Yum! Did anyone else eat these as a kid?  I'm thinking circa 1987 or so.

I did!  My grandma would buy them.  SO YUMMY

• imagedetroitblondie:

imageStacyc625:

TOTALLY!  And FINALLY have a day were all we do is sit around and do nothing but eat bon-bons.  (since that's all SAHM's do anyhow)  ;)

sign me up!

• imagemrsfirefly:

Yes!  I totally remember them.  I believe bon-bon was part of the name.  I even remembered thinking at the time, "Oh, this is what a bon-bon is!" but as I grew older it seemed like that wasn't the entire definition of them, or there were other kinds, ect hence my question.  But yes - I do remember them.  We got them a few times I know!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"