Babies: 3 - 6 Months

I'm being a PW on gay marriage b/c that post is insane.

Can I just say that homosexuality being portrayed as this "mammoth sin" is a product of culture.

The Bible mentions homosexuality a handful of times at MOST. It mentions other things (lying, stealing, managing money, honoring God) countless times. 

God creates all sins equal.

The weight placed on homosexuality as a sin is ridiculous. It is no different than the little white lies people tell or speaking God's name in vain or whatever.

God has saved us all by grace and sees every sin equally.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I'm being a PW on gay marriage b/c that post is insane.

• J+MSJ+MS
    10000 Comments 250 Answers Fourth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    "Seriously, mommy forum people are some crazy ass bitches." New Year New You
  • I would bow to you, but it's a sin to worship a false idol.

ILY though.

Small potatoes.
  • image LoisLane23:

I would bow to you, but it's a sin to worship a false idol.

ILY though.

• I'm not religious at all, and have never read the bible, but A-motherfuckin-Men!

[IMG]Image and video hosting by TinyPic[/IMG]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Blog
  • image ChrissieW3:
    image LoisLane23:

ILY though.

dang it. pips don't load at work.

Small potatoes.
  • I will agree with you. If you are a Christian who has to point the fingers at gays, why don't you see what you are doing wrong in your own life first. "let he without sin cast the first stone" people whp judge so much give people who do believe in God this bad reputation.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • image LoisLane23:
    image ChrissieW3:
    image LoisLane23:

ILY though.

dang it. pips don't load at work.

It's a gold calf :)

• I was about to be a big PW to say how much I appreciated the way that you, J+MS, Kirky, and Rochella handled that fruitcake. I don't know if it is like this everywhere, but I encounter far more Christians like her than Christians like you in my neck of the woods, and I appreciate how gentle, respectful and non-judgmental you guys are.

Also, off the subject, but I also greatly appreciate everything you have ever said about being a working mom. There was one thing that you said a while back (about Abby not being an investment that pays based on how much time you spend with her, and her place in your family) that stuck with me and was super helpful to me.

So, yeah, not to turn this into a Chrissie love thread and not to be super creepy, but <3 you. :) Oh, and Abby is seriously one of the most beautiful children I have ever seen.

We will now resume your regularly scheduled gay marriage debate. :)

ETA; KIRKY! I knew I was forgetting someone. Thanks, J+MS!

Photobucket
  • I haven't read the entire other thread yet, so sorry if If I'm adding to the poor horse's beating.

I agree though, and I'm atheist.  Also, why is homosexuality worse than the judgment of it?  Isn't judgment supposed to be left to God, and aren't all sins considered equal in the eyes of God? Ugh, this debate riles me up so bad I can't even think straight.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• image uluvfranke:
    I will agree with you. If you are a Christian who has to point the fingers at gays, why don't you see what you are doing wrong in your own life first. "let he without sin cast the first stone" people whp judge so much give people who do believe in God this bad reputation.

This is why I felt the need to be a PW. I feel sad when people reject God due to misrepresentation.

• J+MSJ+MS
    image jessakris:

I was about to be a big PW to say how much I appreciated the way that you, J+MS, and Rochella handled that fruitcake. I don't know if it is like this everywhere, but I encounter far more Christians like her than Christians like you in my neck of the woods, and I appreciate how gentle, respectful and non-judgmental you guys are.

Also, off the subject, but I also greatly appreciate everything you have ever said about being a working mom. There was one thing that you said a while back (about Abby not being an investment that pays based on how much time you spend with her, and her place in your family) that stuck with me and was super helpful to me.

So, yeah, not to turn this into a Chrissie love thread and not to be super creepy, but <3 you. :) Oh, and Abby is seriously one of the most beautiful children I have ever seen.

Don't forget kirky.

oh and :

• image uluvfranke:
    I will agree with you. If you are a Christian who has to point the fingers at gays, why don't you see what you are doing wrong in your own life first. "let he without sin cast the first stone" people whp judge so much give people who do believe in God this bad reputation.

That's pretty much why Christians as a whole get a bad rap.

Small potatoes.
  • I was in that insane post and I totally agree with that. Sin is sin... and we all do have to be careful.
  • image jessakris:

I was about to be a big PW to say how much I appreciated the way that you, J+MS, and Rochella handled that fruitcake. I don't know if it is like this everywhere, but I encounter far more Christians like her than Christians like you in my neck of the woods, and I appreciate how gentle, respectful and non-judgmental you guys are.

Aww, thank you! You made my afternoon :)

• J+MSJ+MS
  • I'm glad you PW'd. Couldn't have said it better than chrissie or uluv. 
  • image jessakris:

I was about to be a big PW to say how much I appreciated the way that you, J+MS, Kirky, and Rochella handled that fruitcake. I don't know if it is like this everywhere, but I encounter far more Christians like her than Christians like you in my neck of the woods, and I appreciate how gentle, respectful and non-judgmental you guys are.

ETA; KIRKY! I knew I was forgetting someone. Thanks, J+MS!

Chrissie also said something a couple weeks back in regards to religion that struck a chord with me as well but I can't remember it anymore! Something about god's intentions vs. humanities interpretations? I totally meant to stitch it on a throw pillow. Gah! Or was it Kirky? I love you both, just not in a gay way.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

I am friends with President Obama. I asked him to dress up in an Easter Bunny costume and show up at my parents' house with a giant check for $1 million a la Ed McMahon on Easter Weekend. We were going to make them think that they had won Publishers Clearinghouse sweepstakes LOL. As soon as they answered the door, we had our friend stage a robbery - they made it look like everyone in the Publisher's Clearninghouse van was violently murdered. They threw the "bodies" out of the van onto the street and peeled out. We had a fake ambulance and police show up. Then my parents' neighbors came by with a basket of kittens - they were SO cute! Just when my parents were so freaked out by seeing kittens after a murder/robbery AND having won $1 million, we had Pres. Obama take off the Easter Bunny head and say "Surprise!! You're going to be grandparents!" My parents will never forget that moment. - Pillowass

• image ChrissieW3:

Can I just say that homosexuality being portrayed as this "mammoth sin" is a product of culture.

The Bible mentions homosexuality a handful of times at MOST. It mentions other things (lying, stealing, managing money, honoring God) countless times. 

The weight placed on homosexuality as a sin is ridiculous. It is no different than the little white lies people tell or speaking God's name in vain or whatever.

Everyone forgets that the Bible was written by people - it did not appear out of thin air.  All of the people that had a hand in writing it injected their own values and opinions into the religion - it is not from God.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • image MamiMoore:
    I was in that insane post and I totally agree with that. Sin is sin... and we all do have to be careful.

Just remember that God loves all of His children. Even the homosexual ones.

• image J+MS:

Don't forget kirky.

Derr. Thanks! I knew I was forgetting someone really obvious. Sorry, Kirky! I edited to correct myself. :)

Photobucket
  • image Ananke:

I haven't read the entire other thread yet, so sorry if If I'm adding to the poor horse's beating.

I agree though, and I'm atheist.  Also, why is homosexuality worse than the judgment of it?  Isn't judgment supposed to be left to God, and aren't all sins considered equal in the eyes of God? Ugh, this debate riles me up so bad I can't even think straight.

All of this! 

Sorry I have nothing else to add. I am all WTF about it, too!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • image aabreu32:
    image ChrissieW3:

Everyone forgets that the Bible was written by people - it did not appear out of thin air.  All of the people that had a hand in writing it injected their own values and opinions into the religion - it is not from God.

Well, actually it is from God.

Small potatoes.
  • image ChrissieW3:

image MamiMoore:
    I was in that insane post and I totally agree with that. Sin is sin... and we all do have to be careful.

Just remember that God loves all of His children. Even the homosexual ones.

I concur... I never said that he didn't.

• image Unpossible:

Chrissie also said something a couple weeks back in regards to religion that struck a chord with me as well but I can't remember it anymore! Something about god's intentions vs. humanities interpretations? I totally meant to stitch it on a throw pillow. Gah! Or was it Kirky? I love you both, just not in a gay way.

Word. Chrissy and Kirky = Wise.

Photobucket
  • image LoisLane23:
    image aabreu32:
    image ChrissieW3:

Yes, it is from God. 

I think the biggest mistake is that people take things out of context. The Bible is a full story -- beginning to end -- and it references the culture it was set in (even though its messages transcend time) and speaks to things specifically going on in that day.

• image ChrissieW3:

How about it's no different than being heterosexual?

Still BFing #1 | TTC #2 since Dec 2011

• J+MSJ+MS
    image aabreu32:
    image ChrissieW3:

Wrong.
  • image LoisLane23:
    image aabreu32:
    image ChrissieW3:

Ok - I am not going to try to challenge beliefs here but if it is then God decided that certain gospels should be excluded.  I am sure you are aware of the fact that there were many gospels that were written that do not appear in the current version of the Bible. 

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • AMEN!!!  I feel the exact same way.  If anything, I think God judges those people who hate homosexuals much harsher than he actually judges the homosexuals.
  • image aabreu32:
    image LoisLane23:
    image aabreu32:
    image ChrissieW3:

Ok - I am not going to try to challenge beliefs here but if it is then God decided that certain gospels should be excluded.  I am sure you are aware of the fact that there were many gospels that were written that do not appear in the current version of the Bible. 

It was written by God through man. NFT is necessary.

Small potatoes.