Babies: 3 - 6 Months

I'm being a PW on gay marriage b/c that post is insane.

2»

Re: I'm being a PW on gay marriage b/c that post is insane.

• I may not agree with everyone's way of life (I am 100% for Same-Sex Marriage), I still put my best foot forward in loving everyone for who they are, especially if they put in the effort to be the best they can be.  And I think that is the exact same way that God, or whatever you call him, her, it, wants it to be.

The Bible states "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". And Jesus even made a the effort to point out that NO ONE person is without sin. ( I am in NO WAY saying that being homosexual is a sin. I am using the quote to show that the Bible wanted us to be unbiased and nonjudgmental. )

I do not agree with the Bible on much. But I do agree with that. We are to LOVE people and NOT judge them. And those who judge will be judged in return. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MSC03MSC03 member
    imageChrissieW3:
    What I'm saying is that God would never intend for us to be ridiculed and rejected, so why would he create us in a way that we would be.

There are lots of things that cause people to be ridiculed and rejected, many of which are related to how someone was created. How we all look, the way we talk or walk, etc.

The ridicule, rejection and need to feel superior and self-righteous is man's doing.

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • *peeks in*

*steps out*

imageUnpossible:
    One love, y'all.

Let's get together and feeeeeel alright. 

Now I want to go to Jamaica. 

imageimage

imageimage

image  image

• The only thing I've taken out this very long debate is once again I'm glad to be an Episcopalian.  No literal interpretation of the Bible and we love the gay folks.

• Feeling stupid, but what is PW?

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• imageMrsSummitCounty:
    imageChrissieW3:
    What I'm saying is that God would never intend for us to be ridiculed and rejected, so why would he create us in a way that we would be.

There are lots of things that cause people to be ridiculed and rejected, many of which are related to how someone was created. How we all look, the way we talk or walk, etc.

The ridicule, rejection and need to feel superior and self-righteous is man's doing.

I completely agree, MSC, I really do. I totally understand how saying something like that would be offensive to a homosexual. In no way do I mean that homosexuals deserve ridicule or aren't God's loving creation -- I apologize if that statement was offensive.

I think I just envision a confused child dealing with those feelings and that is where I see the ridicule and rejection that God would never intend. The same way me being an unattractive, awkward teenager and being bullied was something God never intended either.

You are correct -- it is all man-driven.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrsSummitCounty:
    imageChrissieW3:

Yes and God actually told us that we should EXPECT ridicule and rejection. I agree with your original post though chrissie, it's not my place to stand in judgment over anyone or to say who can or cannot be married.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageChrissieW3:

imageToledoDeux:
    imageChrissieW3:

Actually, I'm not.

I also don't think he intended for us to be judgmental and awful people, either.

There are a lot of things about this world that are awful and ugly that God never intended for us.

Hence my original post that I think it's ridiculous that so much is made about homosexuality like it is this awful thing in the world. There is so much awfulness in the world, people should spend more time focusing on that.

I don't understand why people care so much that two men or two women are in a loving relationship. I don't think any other human being has the right to decide for a couple whether or not they are allowed to openly profess their love.

I don't have a right to say whether it's right or wrong, so I choose not to.

I just can't get past you saying that homosexuality is a product of a fallen world.  Do you really not see the judgment inherent in that statement?

No, I don't.

I understand what you are saying, but we are biologically built to pair up as a man and a woman. That is what leads me to say that homosexuality is a product of a fallen world.

FYI: The Bible says that pain while delivering a child is also a product of our fallen world... Does that mean I'm judging pregnant women??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker BFP 04/15/2011; M/C 04/21/2011 Sleep with Jesus sweet baby.
  • imageZoeyMarie:

FYI: The Bible says that pain while delivering a child is also a product of our fallen world... Does that mean I'm judging pregnant women??

so does the bible say homosexuality is a product of our fallen world? i don't think it does.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"