Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Gaining weight on mini-pill?

Has anyone experienced either a weight gain or a stall in losing pregnancy weight since starting to take the mini pill? I lost an extra 10 lbs. almost immediately after giving birth. Once I started taking the mini pill it came back on pretty quickly, even though I wasn't eating any differently. I fully admit to not eating as well as I should be or getting enough exercise so it could very well just be due to my laziness, especially because I thought since there are less hormones it wouldn't be likely to cause much, if any, weight gain. So just wanted to see if anyone else experienced this or if I should just quit whining on the Bump, stop eating Cadbury mini eggs, and break out the Wii fit a little more often. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Gaining weight on mini-pill?

• No, I take the mini-pill and I lost 35 lbs of my pregnancy weight post-baby (gained 50 lbs while pregnant despite eating/swimming/yogaing. Thanks, BF'ing, for the extra calorie burn!!!) from 10/20 to 11/30. I was put on the mini-pill 12/1 and even though I work out 5-6 times a week (for at least 30 minutes if not a full hour), eat healthy, drink plenty of water, the scale hasn't budged. I'm going off the mini-pill since I'm no longer BF'ing and it isn't as effective when you do that, and I'm going onto a low-estrogen pill. Hopefully I will be able to get back to losing weight! :c(
    imageimage 
    TTC #2: My chart
  • I haven't gained any weight but I still have 10 lbs to go before I get back to my "regular" weight.  The scale hasn't budget in about a month.  I've been in the gym pretty hard so I've been thinking maybe I'm gaining muscle mass while losing fat (hoping that's the case)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards