Babies: 3 - 6 Months

XP: Canadian tax repayment question

Canadian bumpies!

I was looking at the CRA website and it seems to say (from what I can tell) that if you owe 2010 taxes, you need to pay them back by Dec 31, 2011 (i.e. via installment payments every 3 months). Is this correct?

What if you absolutely cannot afford the total amount of taxes by Dec 31? Are there any extended payment plans or anything? Anyone know?

(I owe taxes due to a stupid government mistake telling me I didnt need to pay taxes, and there is 100% no way I can afford to pay all of it back by Dec 31, 2011.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
imageimage
imageimage

Re: XP: Canadian tax repayment question

• Try contacting CRA to work out a schedule that works better for you? They might be willing to work with you. Sucks you have to pay taxes back -- yikes!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • A relative of mine had an issue where he could not pay the taxes he owed by the deadline.  He called to work out a different payment schedule.  The told him he had to pay by their schedule, or they would take him to court.  He called several more times, and finally got them to adjust the payment schedule.  He finds this happens often when dealing with CRA.  If you don't get the answer you want from them, keep calling!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"