Connecticut Babies

Any body has experience with Yale Fertility Center?

I have unexplained fertility problem after miscarriage with D&C. I have been TCC for 2 years. Now I want to seek help from fertility expert. I am debating between Yale fertility center and Uconn Fertility center. Would you please offer your experience about the two centers above? Which one do you prefer?

Thank you!

Caroline

Re: Any body has experience with Yale Fertility Center?

• H and I just started going to the Yale Fertility Center.  I really like my RE and the nurse assigned to us.  We are seeing another doctor there on Thursday before H goes for his SA (I can't remember his specialty off hand). We are going there on a recommendation from my ob/gyn.   

If you have a good relationship with your ob/gyn I would see which center she recommends for you.  I know my RE is working in concert with my ob/gyn.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We used Yale and were for the most part very happy with them.  Our doc was great and was willing to perform a relatively new procedure on me which I had done my own research on before even asking her.  It resulted in the LO in my siggy.

You do need to stay on top of their billing people for proper coding for insurance and proper charges to you.  Just stay on top of your paperwork/bills and pay very close attention to them.

We had originally tried UCONN, but we were turned off from the first phone call.  If I'm going to dread calling to make an appointment then more than likely I'm not going to like going in for appointments.  I do know many people that LOVE them though and had much success there.  Maybe I just got a the one nurse having a bad day each time I called LOL 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers M: 31 DH: 34 Dx: PCOS, Endo, Uterine Septum Ovarian Wedge Resection - May 2009 BFP #1 - October 2009 = DS BFP #2 - June 2011 = DD (Total Surprise!) Tree nut allergy in DS diagnosed 4/2012. Currently working with EI for SPD and possible ASD.
  • Loading the player...
  • We used the UCONN fertility center and loved our experience (well, at least as much as you can love it...) Our RE was amazing (Dr. Engmann) - as well as all the other doctors and amazing nurses we worked with. I can't say enough about them...they worked they're "magic" and gave us our lil lady - due this summer.

My cousin has used the Yale fertility center for several years now. While she is still working on her own miracle, I can't say that it's because of the center or not. (Competely different IF diagnosis). That being said, I have suggested that she get a second opinon at UCONN...just to be on the safe side.

Where do you live? Honestly, I think that's the biggest question for you. Both have great reputations and since your appts will become very frequent, I would suggest making an appt with the closest of the two (at least for a first opinion) and going from there.

Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions! Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yale Fertility was excellent!  I saw Dr. Taylor, and he was great to work with.  All of the nurses are really great, and they do a great job monitoring you and your progress.  They also give you a lot of options.  Good Luck!
  • I also went to Yale; they're very nice and on top of things.  I haven't had any problems at all.  We wound up getting pregnant "the old fashioned way", anyway. But, all in all I don't regret my time there at all.  They were very thorough.  I also tried acupuncture in conjunction with my western treatment.  I highly recommend it. If you do try it, make sure you go to a person that specializes in fertility.  https://www.aborm.org/  is the website.

I didn't try UCONN; I had had problems with them in the past, (unrelated to this).   

Good luck!   

• im using yale fertility center and LOVE them. I have doctor kodaman and have nothing but good things to say about her.

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• TheFutureMacsTheFutureMacs member
    edited November 2013
    Thanks!
  • We have been going to UCONN for the past two months and absolutely love the treatment and services provided by Dr. Schmidt. Our OBGYN rec. him specifically and I'm glad we waited to get in to him, so far everything has been very smooth with him and the rest of the office.

**June Celebrity Crush**
    imageimage

~*~*~ ALL ARE WELCOME & GREATLY APPRECIATED~*~*~

TTC since October 2012

Went to OBGYN in August 2013-Referred us to UCONN RE in September 2013

Me (31):  Blood / Ultrasound / HSG / SIS- All Great  -  DH (32): SA is very low

DH met with Urologist nothing is "wrong" just very low count and low mobility

RE 1st Consult October 31, 2013 - Male Infertility Dx.

RE Appointment on 1/15/14-Decided on 1st IUI

IUI Cycle #1-Clomid 50mg 2/14-BFN

We decided to take a break for 3/14-4/14

IUI Cycle #2-Clomid 50 mg 5/9-BFN

IUI Cycle #3-(RE Office called us in for a back to back IUI for another SA) 5/12-BFN

*Husband's count is still very low post wash however after 4+ months on supplements, vitamins, and a healthy lifestyle (aka no beer)  his mobility has doubled! I am very happy for him, small victories!

May 2014-RE wants us to progress to IVF as 3 failed IUI's.

IVF Seminar meeting on 6/12 & then meeting with RE on 7/9 to come up with our plan for our miracle baby!

• We have been going to UCONN for the past 2 years and have Dr. DiLuigi, we have only had a total of 2-3 consults with her and while she has been knowledgeable, her/the office does not keep you in the loop until it's too late, while we have good insurance it's going to be changing over to something that won't cover the full cycles and while we are going to go with IVF they all of a sudden are adding things we must do, this is 6 days before we have to start, I don't think this is responsible as we have been with them for 2 years, they give expensive and unneeded tests.  We are going to be switching to Yale as we have heard better things.  There is never a nurse that we have had in the same visit as they keep switching them and there is no getting comfortable there, we walk into the office with an anxious feeling.  I would avoid UCONN at all costs, don't put yourself through what I'm going through.
  • We are at UConn Farmington now seeing Dr. Schmidt, who is amazing.  The staff there is uniformly knowledgeable and pleasant, they are available to answer questions, the treatment plan is personalized, and the insurance department is helpful and prompt in addressing any issues.  We have one dedicated nurse who is our go-to person when Dr. Schmidt is not available.  

We had an awful experience at Yale -- it is the worst experience of being a patient that I have had at any facility.  The friendliness and knowledge level of staff, the knowledge level and bedside manner of the doctors, the physical facility itself, and the ability of the insurance department to help and not hinder us in getting coverage of the treatment, were all noticeably below what I would expect of Yale and indeed of any medical care facility.  We are not surprised that Yale's fertility statistics are far inferior to those at Farmington (these are available at the SART.org website).  We wasted almost a year at Yale and hope that others will learn from our mistakes!  

• @seahorse40 we also see Dr. Schmidt, I never knew that true old school bedside manners still existed until we met him. He is genuinely a wonderful person who has made this difficult time much easier for us. Although we are still working together on our little miracle I have no doubt that with his help we will one day be successful. Best of luck!

**June Celebrity Crush**
    imageimage

~*~*~ ALL ARE WELCOME & GREATLY APPRECIATED~*~*~

TTC since October 2012

Went to OBGYN in August 2013-Referred us to UCONN RE in September 2013

Me (31):  Blood / Ultrasound / HSG / SIS- All Great  -  DH (32): SA is very low

DH met with Urologist nothing is "wrong" just very low count and low mobility

RE 1st Consult October 31, 2013 - Male Infertility Dx.

RE Appointment on 1/15/14-Decided on 1st IUI

IUI Cycle #1-Clomid 50mg 2/14-BFN

We decided to take a break for 3/14-4/14

IUI Cycle #2-Clomid 50 mg 5/9-BFN

IUI Cycle #3-(RE Office called us in for a back to back IUI for another SA) 5/12-BFN

*Husband's count is still very low post wash however after 4+ months on supplements, vitamins, and a healthy lifestyle (aka no beer)  his mobility has doubled! I am very happy for him, small victories!

May 2014-RE wants us to progress to IVF as 3 failed IUI's.

IVF Seminar meeting on 6/12 & then meeting with RE on 7/9 to come up with our plan for our miracle baby!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"