Eco-Friendly Family
Options

how long for frozen chicken breasts in crockpot?

you ladies are my go-to for crockpotting advice and i know i've heard you can start chicken off frozen....any tips?  how long do you typically cook on low?  do you alter the amount of liquid you add in the beginning at all?  i want to do something with some bbq flavor i think...maybe use some apple juice as part of the cooking liquid?  thoughts?
my cool cat - er, bunny!

Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
my bfp chart!
our hippy baby blog

Re: how long for frozen chicken breasts in crockpot?

• Options

i don't alter the amt of liquid when i cook w/frozen chicken.  i find in my crockpot, frozen or not, chicken cooks REALLY fast... so for frozen chicken, it's done between 4-6 hours on low.  but i think my crock cooks hot. 

honestly, when i've done bbq in the crock i don't add any extra liquid above the sauce since due to the condensation there ends up being plenty extra, but that's just the way i do it.  i think apple juice sounds really yummy as a cooking liquid. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I do 6 hours on low for frozen and they get done just perfectly.  I haven't done bbq (though I need to try it!) so I can't answer on liquid.  I would think whatever you normally put in would still be fine.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I recenly cooked 2 huge frozen chicken breasts on low for 6 hours.  I think they were probably done after 5 hours though.  I wouldn't alter the amount of liquids. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"