1st Trimester

Getting pregnant after Mirena

I had the mirena implanted shortly after my second daughter was born.  Between being pregnant, nursing for a year, and the mirena I have not gotten my period in about 2 years.  My husband and I are hoping to try again this summer, so I'm getting my mirena removed in April in hopes of getting a period so I have an idea of when I ovulate.

Any success stories of getting pregnant right after an IUD?  Thank you all, and congratulations to you all, motherhood is the best success story!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker 3rd little lady is on her way!

Re: Getting pregnant after Mirena

• Had my Mirena in for about 15 months after my DS was born.  I EBFed him for 13 months, and had a few episodes of spotting, but no real period while I was on the Mirena.  

I had the IUD taken out on February 1st, had my period start that day, and got my BFP on March 3rd.  

It can happen! :) 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had my mirena taken out after being in for 15 months. I had no period at all while it was in. After only 3 months of figuring stuff out and not really trying hard trying we got pregnant.

Good Luck!!

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I hope I can let you know good news this month or next :) I had my IUD removed on March 9th. I got a + for ovulation with an OPK on March 17th...waiting until this weekend to test :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Brayden (5 1/2) born 12.28.06
    Hailey (4 1/2) born 2.25.08
    Taylor (8 Months) born 12.26.11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I had my mirena in for about 14 months.  I had it out at the end of October.  My OB told me he felt it best if we waited two full cycles before TTC.  My period came back on a regular schedule right away.  We tried at the end of Dec and had + HPT in early January.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had my Mirena in for 3 years had it removed in October of 2010 and got pregnant in January. :)
  • Had mine for three years, got it out November 27, got my BFP January 6. I honestly thought it would take longer than that, but there you go! I guess thats why the Mirena is the only BC I have ever used that did not fail me!
  • I had mine put in after my first was about 6mth. I had it taken out when we were ready for out second (about 3 yrs later). I waited the recommended one cycle and got pregnant on the next. I've recommend it to everyone
  • I had Mirena for 4 years and got pregnant 3 months after it was removed. Best of luck to you.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • poruporu
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    I had it in for 4 years (no periods during that time, just the occasional spotting every other month).  Had it taken out, period returned right away, but we waited 3 months for my cycle to even out.  First month trying I had a chemical pregnancy.  And now I am KU after the fourth month trying.
    http://cdn.cl9.vanillaforums.com/thebump.vanillaforums.com/FileUpload/67/b38fc08d185fcd40b8eb85f82b36df.jpg
    DD April 2014  |  DS October 2011
  • had Mirena (3 different ones) for 12 yrs total.

got the last one removed at the beginning of December.  Took 2 cycles to get into a pattern cycle.  First cycle was 28 days, second was 33, third was 33. I am now 8 weeks pregnant - (3-4 months since removal)

• Had my copper IUD removed in November, was pregnant by January. The doctor told me that you go back to how fertile you were before the IUD. Good luck.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had my Mirena IUD for about 16 months, removed Feb 14th BFP March 16th! It can happen.

• I had mirena for almost 2 years, I still BF DS (although not frequently, he is 2.5). Had mirenea removed in sept, started ttc in jan and got a BFP that cycle.

good luck!

• I had Mirena for about 19months, had it taken out, got period 2 days later, and pregnant the next month. Unfortunately, we ended up having only sac show up, and 'miscarried' shortly after.  My doctor said it was not because of having the Mirena but could have been because my uterus lining was thinned out from having the Mirena. I would recommend waiting two or three cycles before really trying.  Everyone is different..  Good luck to you!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a Mirena for ~2.5yrs.  Had it removed mid Dec.  We were planning on TTC this month, but actually got pg last month.  I only had two cycles between removal and BFP.  It took several weeks after removal for the first cycle to start.  That cycle was ~31 days, followed by what would have been a 25 day cycle.
  • I had extremely painful cycles & was put on Mirena to control them.  It definitely did it's job for the year & a half that I had it.  DH & I wanted to TTC right after we were married last year, but I got laid off & didn't want to be pregnant while looking for a new job.  I started a new job at the beginning of the year & we moved into our new house at the end of January, so I decided to wait to have my Mirena removed until 2/21 to allow me time in the new job & to get somewhat settled in the new house before AF returned since it was so painful before the IUD was put in.  It's been 4 1/2 weeks & AF still has not shown up.  Doc said that he won't give me anything to jumpstart AF until 6 to 8 weeks have passed since removal.  If I would've known that it was going to take this long, I wouldn've had it removed at the beginning of January.  Crying

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

The newest member of our family! Austin - age 4

Deeno - Our oldest child :)

Lily - Our second oldest child :)

Married 07/04/10 - Me 40 & DH 46 - Tried conceiving for 2 1/2 years, including IUI, but no luck. Were about to do IVF at the end of 2012, but my body started shutting down. Made the decision to have a hysterectomy in January 2013. Met an amazing little boy in July 2012 that needed a family & decided to move forward with adopting him. He has made our family complete & we are happier than we ever thought that we could be!
  • I had my Mirena taken out on January 12th of this year and got pregnant by the end of the month! I had the Mirena in for about 2 and a half years and I too didn't have a period with the Mirena. It turns you back to fertility sooo fast!:) I will be 10 weeks tomorrow:) Good Luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards