Philadelphia Babies

Perinatal Testing Center in Oaks, PA

Has anyone had an ultrasound or nuchal translucency scan at the Perinatal Testing Center in Oaks, PA? I am going there this week for an NT scan. I was just wondering if anyone had a review for this center. I can't seem to find any reviews online anywhere which I thought was odd. Also, I read on another board that some women find out the gender of their babies at the NT scan. How common is this?

Re: Perinatal Testing Center in Oaks, PA

• I had my test here.  They were very nice, my appointment ran on time and I had my results pretty quickly.  I did not find out the gender, we were teen green though so we didn't ask.  Some people do find out the gender but it can not be 100% positive until around 18 weeks I think??
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Which hospital will you be delivering at?  I'm delivering at Paoli and I'm approved to go to the Women's Health Center in Oaks for my second ultrasound.  I'm not sure if that's the center you're referring to or not.  I think it's pretty new.  I've never been there before, so I can't tell you what it's like to go there.  Sorry!! I've also never had an NT scan.  Again, sorry!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been there several times and have liked everyone we've seen.  My appointment has always been on time and I've also had results fairly quickly.  I did get the NT scan there but we didn't find out the sex until our level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks. The tech didn't ask us if we wanted to find out at 12 weeks and we honestly didn't think/want to ask because I wanted some certainty to it once we did find out.  I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck!
  • I was there several times over the course of my two pregnancies and with my DD had my NT scan there. They were always very nice. The ultrasounds rooms are large and they have a nice size viewing screen so you can watch what the tech is doing the whole time. At my NT scan we did have the tech tell us what she thought we were having - she said a girl and she was correct!

imageimage
    Zachary Ryan - 1/13/08 - 6lbs 15oz, 20.5 inches
    Lilia Rose - 5/11/10 - 8lbs 6oz, 21 inches
    imageimage
  • been there for every u/s test for both babies. they are nice, run on time and are professional.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Is this the Woman's Health Center across from Target and pretty much right on 422? If so, yes, I have been there.  I like it.  They take their time and explain things to you.  I had my NT scan done there and found out that DS was boy at 20w. I have had my NT scan with this baby there and plan on finding out what we are having next month.

My only complaint is the appt. line.  I always seem to get their vm telling me to leave a message and someone will call back to schedule my. appt. Well, they never call me back.  It can be pretty frustrating.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Go Phils!!
  • I went there for my NT scan as well as my 20 week growth ultrasound.  Both experiences were great.  The tech talked to us about what she was doing and what we were seeing on the screen the entire time.  Very friendly and answered all our questions.

They do not usually look for gender at the NT scan since it is still early and is difficult to determine with any degree of accuracy.  Gender scans are usually done after 18 weeks.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I went there for my big u/s with #1 and NT + big u/s with #2.  My first experience was MUCH better than my more recent ones.  Many women do find out gender at the NT scan, though they always warn it isn't always accurate (but everyone I know who got a prediction found later it was accurate).  At our NT scan, our tech didn't crack a smile and refused to consider even trying to look or guess.  We elected to go team green each time, so it didn't really even matter, but it would have been fun to banter about it. At our first big u/s, the tech was great and she was dying to tell us the gender because she had such a great view =)  Wish we had her the other 3 times we went. 
    Fortunate to be a SAHM to my 3 musketeers (5/2006, 5/2010 & 12/2011). Soy & dairy free for the 3rd and final time. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • imageErin&Ryan:
    I was there several times over the course of my two pregnancies and with my DD had my NT scan there. They were always very nice. The ultrasounds rooms are large and they have a nice size viewing screen so you can watch what the tech is doing the whole time. At my NT scan we did have the tech tell us what she thought we were having - she said a girl and she was correct!
    oooo, wish you knew the name of the tech.
    Fortunate to be a SAHM to my 3 musketeers (5/2006, 5/2010 & 12/2011). Soy & dairy free for the 3rd and final time. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"