3rd Trimester
Options

Catalina crib from Pottery Barn kids?

Just curious as if anyone has this crib? I am thinking of buying it and was wondering how you liked it. Also curious if you bought the mattress from PBK or another store? Did you buy the conversion part right away? Wondering if we need to buy that part now or when we need to convert the crib? Thanks

Re: Catalina crib from Pottery Barn kids?

• Options

I do not have the crib, but do have the Catalina Toddler bed for DS1.  I think it is really well made and was happy I spent the extra money.  I got DS1's crib/dressers from BRU and was not as happy with the quality (drawers don't pull out exactly straight, first dresser's finish came off on anything you placed on the top- but BRU did replace it).  The mattress was also purchased from BRU (Serta, I think), and fits perfectly in the toddler bed.  So I think any mattress that meets your standards would be fine.  I was so happy with the toddler bed, that I bought the Catalina dressers for DS2 and will use the original crib with it.

As far as the conversion kit, I would buy that now if you can.  I did not buy the conversion kit for DS1's crib initially, then couldn't find it.  The manufacturer stopped making it by the time I wanted to try to convert the crib.  Hence, the toddler bed from PBK.  I think PBK would most likely will still have the conversion kit in 18-24 months, but you never know.  And the conversion kit is much less expensive than the toddler bed!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Curious what you ended up with for a mattress for your Catalina crib. I have the crib too and am having a hard time finding a mattress that fits snuggly. The two I have tried are still pretty small and I can fit my hands between the crib and mattress. Let me know if you found something that fit well. thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Curious what you ended up with for a mattress for your Catalina crib. I have the crib too and am having a hard time finding a mattress that fits snuggly. The two I have tried are still pretty small and I can fit my hands between the crib and mattress. Let me know if you found something that fit well. thanks!

Not sure about the PBK beds, but we bought a more expensive line (munire) and had the same issue. The Colgate mattresses fit perfectly. They are actually not that much more expensive. We got ours at a local baby boutique, but they are available from Amazon.

• Options
    I have the Catalina crib and we used the Simmons Kids Slumber Time Naturally Mattress that we got at Target (https://www.target.com/p/simmons-kids-slumber-time-naturally-mattress/-/A-13933684#prodSlot=large_1_1).  It definitely fits snug!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We didn't buy the Catalina Crib, but did buy the Kendall Crib from PBK along with the Lullaby Crib Mattress also from PBK.  We were very pleased with both.  We didn't buy a conversion kit though.  When my daughter needed to switch out of her crib we put her in a double bed and moved the crib and mattress to baby #2's room.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We have it and love it, about to use it for #2. We got the toddler bed conversion but due to timing, never switched it. Then we also got the Catalina single bed frame for DS1. :)

imageimage

imageimage

image  image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"