September 2011 Moms

Showing vs Popping

This is a dumb question, I admit it...but seeing all of the bumps makes me think I am showing more than I should be at about 12 weeks!  I definitely have a slightly larger belly these days, but I would not say that I have popped by any means.  I can fit in regular pants, but just started wearing the bella band a couple days ago since the button is a bit tight and makes me have a huge muffin top.

So many people say you won't start showing until 16 or so weeks if it is your first...do they really mean you won't "pop" until then?  Or are there really people that look completely normal until that point? 

I know everyone is different, but I kind of feel crazy! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
GO IRISH!

Re: Showing vs Popping

• i don't think i popped with my first until week 19.  from week 19 to week 20 is when i started needing maternity pants.  i was noticeably rounder between those weeks as well. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I think it really depends on your body types! Sometimes I look at the HDBD pictures on other boards and These girls are like 22 weeks pregnant and as far as I can tell, NOT showing! And I am almost 16 weeks and definitely showing. Every woman is different!
    BabyName Ticker
    www.homeofthehonakers.blogspot.com
  • I also think it depends on body types and just the woman in general. I am not a big girl but am curvy. For me, I just look like I am getting fat right now...completely jiggly (irritating) and have to wear a bella band to prevent a muffin top. My sister in law is a week behind me and she is built alot different me. She is taller and very lean. She already have a noticable, hard bump (she is on her 3rd though). Even with her first she did the same...she never got jiggly and fat looking.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • some people start showing or popping much earlier. If you look at HDBD pictures you can see that some women are barely showing at 18 weeks and others are looking verrrry pregnant. Look at the HDBD threat on the August board and you'll see what I mean. Don't be worried or weird, mention it to your doctor but everyone's body is different.

~Eric and Erin 10-12-08~
    "E"-squared

BabyFruit Ticker
  • NBR- but where are you in your siggy photo???
    ~Eric and Erin 10-12-08~
    "E"-squared

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image Bella Bleu:
    NBR- but where are you in your siggy photo???

Santorini, Greece...love it there!

GO IRISH!
  • image Bella Bleu:

some people start showing or popping much earlier. If you look at HDBD pictures you can see that some women are barely showing at 18 weeks and others are looking verrrry pregnant. Look at the HDBD threat on the August board and you'll see what I mean. Don't be worried or weird, mention it to your doctor but everyone's body is different.

Ok...this did make me feel much better!  Quite a variety of bumps there!

GO IRISH!
  • i am only 14 weeks now and alrady showing, but ive always been a curvy girl, but the feeling of being fat already is depressing but i cannot wait for our first baby to arrive so its definatly worth it!!! :)
  • I started showing very early (to the point where people were figuring it out). It can be very different depending on body type, i'm a size 2 pre pregnancy and even having a big dinner would give me a little bump before I was pregnant
  • I popped overnight 2 nights ago. I went from looking very slim to having a rounded bump (two of the women I work with even pointed it out yesterday)
  • I'm not sure that I've actually "popped" The definition of that just really seems to elude me. The way that I'm built, I am very long legged and very short waisted (my torso Is very short) I wear a size 6 pants and had a little fat around the belly PP but was mostly lean. I figure my 'bump' at this point is more of a 'my organs don't have anywhere else to go' kind of bump. It's not hard per say but I can't, for the life of me, suck it in either. 2 weekends ago I had to invest in the Be band because my pants could no longer button comfortably. I don't know if that helps you out any...

:: Love & Tantrums-Baby Blog ::

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage

So happy for my Labor Buddy - EmpireMomof3 and her DD Chloe!
  • I don't know that I've popped, but I am definitely showing! I've gotten several comments at work and from my family. I am a petite girl and I have a short waist. There is like no space between my rib cage and hip bone! This baby has no where to go but out!  I'm loving it though!
  • I'm a size 0 and still not showing at 16 weeks. I didn't start showing with DD until 20 weeks or so. Still wearing my regular pants.
    36 marathons since 2002, 6 Boston marathons, PR 3:17 Silicon Valley 2010

Boston Marathon 2009 at 25 weeks pregnant in 4:29

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Bio Wedding Video TTD Book Baby Blog Maternity Pics