October 2011 Moms

Dulcolax is NOT my friend...

I have been on 8mg Zofran every 8 hours for about 5 weeks. I still have really bad nausea and food aversions, but the vomiting was limited. It took me a few weeks to realize, I was no longer going #2. lol So, I only took my Zofran once yesterday and I took two Dulcolax, because I am an idiot. I have never in my life experienced cramps like these. I was up all night last night and now, I am vomiting every 20 minutes. I am trying to wait the Dulcolax out, so I can at least take a phenegran to help with the vomiting. What do you girls take when your backed up? Because I am chucking this Dulcolax out the window!

Re: Dulcolax is NOT my friend...

• I haven't been too bad, but I've been making sure to eat lots of fiber and plan to start taking benefiber or metamucil tonight.  I am SO paranoid about the possibility of hemerrhoids!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lots of water, shredded wheat, raisin bran, dried apricots, apples.....
    photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • Loading the player...
  • Mirilax once a day works for me!
    Charlotte Elizabeth - March 15, 2009
    Natalie Kate - October 4, 2011
    Blighted ovum, d&c at 9w, July 2012
    Blighted ovum, d&c at 10w, September 2013
    BFP May 28, EDD February 4, 2015
  • I just started making sure I'm eating a yogurt once a day as a snack (I mixed a vanilla activia with frozen raspberries and granola today and it was delish!) and that has helped me a lot.  My husband keeps making fun of me by singing the "activiaaaa!!!!"  line.  LOL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When was the last time you went #2? If it's been too long, you need to contact your doctor because it can be dangerous. As for backing-up, I would try a clear mix-in fiber supplement. :) Try Colace as well.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • It had been about 2 weeks...thats why I went ahead and took the Dulcolax. It did work, I have been going non stop since last night. Its just the severe cramping that went with it. :(
  • I'm sorry you're going though that.  The OB coord I met with last week said that laxatives were okay to use sparingly, but she highly discouraged them due to the cramps and dehydration.  Like others have said, try some additional fiber like Citrucel and lots of water.
  • wow, i didn't suffer that long!  my goodness, I don't know about laxatives, I just heard to use stool softeners and lots of fiber.

today for me was awful, I was puking and trying to poop... I took a bath and drank some tea (apparently hot liquids help with peristalsis) and I have been on stool softeners for days! 

I finally was able to push some out...and then I was so sore, I feel like I bruised :(

a couple of hours later...and more fiber than anyone cares to ingest i finally feel sort of normal...

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • You are not supposed to take any laxatives during pregnancy except with specific instructions from your doctor. I hope you took lissasue's advice and called your OB immediately.
  • The awful cramping stopped yesterday evening and I am now going #2 normally. I think the reason I was throwing up so much was because I had stopped taking my Zofran. I didn't realize how much I need it. Honestly, I didn't realize Dulcolax was a laxative. It was on the list of ok meds for pregnancy my OB gave me, so I didn't think anything about it. I am back on my Zofran now and feeling a bit better, but I think it will take a few days for it to be fully back into my system.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"