Parenting
Options

Anyone have/had a stomach virus for 7+ days?

I'v been to the doctor and she said it was viral and would go away on its own.  That was on Monday.  I still have it (although not nearly as bad).

It started witn nausea for 3 days and then the last 4-5 days have been on and off moments of no appetite and/or diarrhea.  I feel like I'm getting better, but this is brutal!

Just looking for others to share my pain/your story!

:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone have/had a stomach virus for 7+ days?

• Options
    I have not had it but I've seen a LOT of people complaining about a week long stomach bug on Facebook so I know  it is going around. Makes me shudder thinking about it! Hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    I just got hit. It sucks. I feel like someone punched me in the stomach. If this last for seven days, I'm not going to be happy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagevccake:
    I just got hit. It sucks. I feel like someone punched me in the stomach. If this last for seven days, I'm not going to be happy!

I hope you have the short version.  For the first few days I was just praying I'd vomit and get it over with but it never happened.  So it's going about things the slow way.  The nauseous days were the worst.

• Options

imageSLPgirl:
    I have not had it but I've seen a LOT of people complaining about a week long stomach bug on Facebook so I know  it is going around. Makes me shudder thinking about it! Hope you feel better soon!

Thank you.  I work in an elementary school so I am thinking that doesn't help me get better.  I'm probably exposing myself to the same germs over and over.  Many of the kids are complaining too. 

• Options
    My aunt was sick from right after Thanksgiving until about 2 days before Christmas this past year.  However, she had been in the Dominican Republic and got some kind of parasite...she's still not even sure how she got it.  Even if you haven't traveled recently, I'd call the doctor if I was sick for that long.  She waited for it to go away on its own, and by the time they did the culture and got the results, she had been horribly sick for weeks.  A few days of antibiotics and she was much better.
  • Options

imageMrs.JDD:
    My aunt was sick from right after Thanksgiving until about 2 days before Christmas this past year.  However, she had been in the Dominican Republic and got some kind of parasite...she's still not even sure how she got it.  Even if you haven't traveled recently, I'd call the doctor if I was sick for that long.  She waited for it to go away on its own, and by the time they did the culture and got the results, she had been horribly sick for weeks.  A few days of antibiotics and she was much better.

I have read that some stomach viruses can last about 10 days so if it isn't drastically better in another day or two I'll call the doctor again.  Now I am  hearing more and more of a lingering stomach virus...

• Options
    We had 4 days on, 4 days off, and then 2 more days on in this house.  It was awful.
    imageimage Ashley Sawtelle Photography
  • Options

I started with stomach pain on a Tuesday night around dinner. It turned to nausea the next day. Diarrhea didn't really start until about Thursday, but I wasn't really eating much. I finally started feeling better on Sunday. BRUTAL.

• Options

I have had it since last Wednesday.  I just came back to work today and had the nerve to eat breakfast because I am literally starving after 4 days of this.  Needless to say, I THOUGHT I was better, and I was wrong.  It's manageable though, not like the first 2 days when I couldn't leave the house.

It has been brutal, it's really the only word to describe it.  I went over 48 hours without eating anything at all.  Which makes me wonder how the hell I can be so sick when there is no food in my body!!

• Options

Thank you for the replies.  It made me feel better knowing I wasn't alone.  Just wanted to update and let everyone know that I am on day 8.5/9 (not really sure) and I ate lunch and dinner today with no problems.  I wasn't starving for it but I didn't have a problem eating (no nausea before eating like the last days).  So I am praying it's on its way out!  Just some hope for those still going through it.

Hang in there because I felt like I would never get better.  It's almost like I have a new appreciation for life! LOL

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"